Some quality posts you don't want to miss

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Some quality posts you don't want to miss

Postby Arsenal Tone » Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:11 pm

Dejan wrote:
Angelito wrote:
Or, simply I'm trying to call out those people whose best argument is, "Unai, the Don."

I won't refute your opinion on the state of this forum. That's up to you to judge, of course.

My stance on Emery and most Gooners' stance is the same. If he delivers, why would anyone have a problem with him? But when you've heard countless excuses and instead of posting thought-out remarks, if people resort to a debased version of the conversation, you simply cannot blame one part for revealing the obvious.

That's double standards.

:Peace:

Thats the whole argument is pointless and a waste of.my time. Some people have their anti emery agenda so far up their asshole it is pointless arguing. And yes, the anti emery agenda exists. Just look at the villa threads and see all the rediculous insults, its dreadful.

For example, people were emery calling names when he brought in chambers for saka. However, in fact, that sub was totally spot on as it completely changed the game. Did anyone give him any praise at all? Ofcourse not. The obvious argument is that chambers should of started then. No, not really because he was awful against frankfurt.

I really cant be bothered to argue. Right now we are 3rd, just 2 points behind city while already played tottenham and liverpool. Won both our cup matches with a few youngsters being really promising.
Yet, reading this forum you would think we are 14th and already eliminated out of all cups.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:09 pm

Dejan wrote:
Santi wrote:Rodgers is doing better than Emery, he's in his first season with a lesser squad and 1 point behind us after arguably harder fixtures.

We are 1 point behind city, had the harder fixtures and city had the better squad

So by that same logic, emery > pep

Always knew it. The bald fraud

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:47 pm

think its some tapatalk shit

but same for me, only PG
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:01 pm

jayramfootball wrote:We've got to rid the club of Wengers side ways passing. We waste half the game without creating anything. It's boring and unproductive.
Cut it out completely. Should only ever be used when under pressure.
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Jedi » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:04 pm

Hmm, pretty sure Emery is the head coach of this club

Let me fix that for you
jayramfootball wrote:We've got to rid the club of Emerys* side ways passing. We waste half the game without creating anything. It's boring and unproductive.
Cut it out completely. Should only ever be used when under pressure.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Ach » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:06 pm

Sideways passing started a long time before emery was here and as we can see it takes time to recover from cancer. It's not overnight.
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby NovaGB » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:05 am

Ach wrote:Sideways passing started a long time before emery was here and as we can see it takes time to recover from cancer. It's not overnight.

Classy.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Ach » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:33 am

elkanofan wrote:
gamechannel wrote:You love writing novel after novel defending the indefensible. Comparing Klopp at Liverpool and Emery at Arsenal should be enough for anyone to dismiss your opinion right away.

For all those trying to defend the stupidity of Emery by comparing him to Klopp, allow me to dispel the notion:

- Klopp took over a flailing Liverpool side mid-season in 2015.

In October actually. Not mid season!

Yet his style of play was evident in his first few games.

Like drawing 0-0 at home vs West Brom!

Sure, he didn't have the players he would eventually sign and had a leaky defense but the philosophy was there for all to see. In the 2016-2017 season, he had his first pre-season with the team. That year, Liverpool finished top 4 and showed a massive jump in points as well as goal difference of 36 with Klopp ball on full display despite of a leaky defense.

And you can go over to RAWK and see a significant number of fans wanted Klopp out because the defence was so bad for so, so, long, it was the van Dijk signing which really changed things for him. He was always a great manager, but as i say with Emery when the club such a shitshow, it takes time!!! The difference i have seen between Klopp and Emery is the Liverpool board have given Klopp all the money available very window to buy who he wants, we got priced out of buying f***ing Zaha this summer in which we overspent on Pepe and had to once again rely on loans and buying youngsters!

In 2017-2018 season, Klopp, while dealing with the Coutinho nonsense, finished 4th with and even better goal difference of 46.

Thanks to spending big money on van Dijk and again been given time to find a suitable style and buy who he wants, Emery will bring success if we get this last wasteman from the soft Wenger era out of our club and free up those wages to get a proper reliable creative player which Emery desperately needs.

Player power is a very serious issue in modern football especially when they are over the hill but don't want to accept the truth!

Emery has had 2 full pre-seasons and 2 summer transfer windows where the club has gotten him players he wanted.

Did we get Zaha who Emery wanted this summer?

Did we trade Ozil for Perisic who WANTED TO COME last January when the offer was available? Did we embarrass ourselves in January asking for loans rather than buying the winger we badly needed last January?

Have we sold players like Iwobi because we can't shift Ozil from the squad because nobody wants him because he's overrated?

We are club which was being taken down for years by a man who went senile and we are very lucky to get a manager as good as Emery who should given time and the right creative players when Ozil leaves finally the squad to move us back in the UCL and forward again as a club, until then we are a flawed team treading water and having to grind results. If we sack Emery we are Everton, we are going nowhere and god forbid this wasteman Oil continues to fleece our club out of 350k until 2021!

And yet, he has regressed. His first season was not much better than Wenger and ppl blamed Wenger players.

You seemed so confident in your argument and its fallen apart already!

He capitulated at the end of the season and f***ked up what was a sure shot 4th place finish by pussying out to mid table and low table teams.

Like i said already, Ramsey was one injury too far, we failed to act and buy in January and the team eventually fell apart towards the end of the season because we weren't good enough and didn't have the squad to make the difference.

Oh and may i remind your Ozil's usually crap performance in a huge game in which Willock did more in 10 f***ing minutes than he did all game in Baku. If we actually had a competent player in attacking mid its a shame because if Ramsey was fit we would of easily made top 4 and beaten Chelsea in Baku and all. If we had got Perisic we would of got op 4 because we desperately needed a winger last season thanks to Wengers favoritism creating a horribly balanced squad with too many AM's and no wide players.

His second season, we are on Pace to have have beautiful goal difference of 4 goals at the end of the season with a massive regression in playing style and not a single convincing league performance. arsenal had not won a single game this season with a goal difference of more than one. He has been consistently bailed out by Auba this season due to moments of individual brilliance rather than team ball.

What would you do if you have a overrated idiot who you have tried to ship away from the club, move on and move forward but instead other creative and good players leave all around you because his wages are too much so you sacrifice others to balance the books? You give him a full pre season where he's 'ok' then the season starts and you see he's got even worse from last season and even moderate youngsters like Willock are better? This is the reality, nobody wants to admit Ozil is so bad right now as we saw against Watford and Forest, he fails physically to even get into positions to make his passing count in the final third anymore. He's an MLS level player now at best.

Look, get real, look at what i continually say! IF Ozil was that good? Why the hell doesn't any other team want him? Why is he always 'sick'? Why does every continually make excuses for this guys failures over the years? Nobody answers these questions, they carry on with the same manager witch hunt which people fall into because they cant be bothered to accept reality.
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:36 am

Ach wrote:
LMAO wrote:We're a point away from being the best of the rest.

Are you saying Liverpool are out on their own? And city are with us lot?

I agree

:rofll:

Riiiiiiiiiiight.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Nuggets » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:49 pm

LMAO wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
gooney wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:Counseling?

You got booed for 30 seconds ffs you weren't in Vietnam.

I actually think Xhaka is a hard man. I mean he is Albanian after all and they are proud people. I doubt he would go to counselling. It's just the club feeding media so fans can lay him off. The man even refused to apologies

Mother Theresa was Albanian.

I remember when she died and they got Elton John to sing Sandals in the Bin.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:29 pm

UFGN wrote:I think there can be little doubt at this stage that Raul is preparing to take his penis out

Its just a question of when the crane arrives

Hiring heavy lifting equipment can mean lots of delays and red tape

^ Regarding the possibility of raul sacking emery and mourinho rumours
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Jedi » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:11 pm

Ach wrote:
Manoban wrote:xhaka is our captain?

what the f**k

I think it's in the hope that most of our recent captains leave not long after being given the armband so Xhaka is gone soon.

Posted back in August. Now there's serious rumors that he's leaving is January. Best of all, likely none of this would've happened if he wasn't named captain.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Zenith » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:08 pm

Est83 wrote:That dude who threw away his season ticket on AFTV after the game, made a good point about Sokratis' ability to play out from the back. If he's not that man, if he can't do that (one of the few things Luiz is actually good at) then he's always gonna look shit.

Goes for the whole defence, and the knock on effect that has on the team, all the way to the front. Strikers are nervous and can't keep the ball because they know if they lose it, that ball is gonna get ran straight through our midfield, because the midfield are also a bag of nerves knowing how shit our defence is. With the defence as shit as it is, the midfield stretched because the defenders are deep and trying to tika taka their way out of their own box, there's just no cohesion, no confidence, no transition, no possession.

Nothing wrong with playing out from the back, every club does it. Wenger wanted everyone playing sexy football, lots over overlapping, being interchangeable etc. That's all fine. But when you've clearly been asked to do it every single time, when it just doesn't suit anyone (bar Luiz), then what the f**k's gonna happen?

Playing out from the back should be an option, not a default tactic.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:06 am

Jack The Ripper wrote:Everyone told me that Arteta will be like Pep and has learned everything from Pep.. but I swear in his first 5 prem games with us so far he is exactly like Wenger, nothing like Pep at all.. it actually is basically Wenger. Subs are exactly the same time, its almost right down to the actual second!!!!!!. Also tactics are Wenger too. I feel like its Wenger

Is Wenger back in disguise??

Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby ag6789 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:29 pm

He doesn't have the the quality on bench as Pep have. So, it is not surprising that he would be more like Wenger, making the best w/ limited resources. Besides, injuries and suspensions have left him high and dry.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk