Some quality posts you don't want to miss

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Some quality posts you don't want to miss

Postby Dejan » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:54 am

Zenith wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Dejan wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:
theHotHead wrote: Our argument has clearly been about me stating Hazard is overrated and all you can write about is Ozil.

Shouldn't have to point this out but might I suggest you --- look at the feckin' thread title ... :rofll: :rofll: :rofll:
Loooool

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk

Still butthurt :rofll:

You can post about me on every thread you want, it won't take away the pain :naughty:

"But but but ... mods mods mods ........." they heard him cry.

That post you're quoting is nearly 6 weeks old.

Time to bury the hatchet.
Jep. Truelly embarrassing

Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:38 am

LOL, I didn't notice that. I can admit when I am wrong and in this case - I am wrong. Nobody is right 100% of the time, even me. 99% is ok.
Last edited by theHotHead on Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Jedi » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:39 am

Pudpop wrote:
BrunelGooner wrote:I am sorry but some of you are complete and utter embarrassments.

But before anyone wants to accuse me of being up Emery's backside, please read my comments in this thread where I was severely critical of his tactics and team selection yesterday.

The usual suspects (Angelito in particular and others) have no sense of perspective or understanding at all.

I do not accept this revisionism of Wenger's latter years where we played "attractive football". No - the football we played was equally as drab and where we put in some of the worst, most gutless and spineless displays known to man. Where we passed the ball around with no intensity or purpose. Where any team that showed even a smidgen of physicality, we would fold like a pack of cards.

We already have more away wins this season than we did for the entirety of last season. It's only February.

We have more points and scored more goals than this point last season. We are also not cut adrift from the top 4 (though I do not think we will get it).

We are one of the favourites for the Europa League. We are a solitary point off Manchester United in 4th.

And this is despite us having one of the worst injury crises we've ever had, where 3 of our first choice back 4 are injured, 3 important players have had season-ending injuries, we've got the worst squad out of all the top 6 and we have strapped for cash (mainly down to self-sabotage admittedly).

People talk about us winning cups and competing for top 4 under Wenger when he's the reason the squad is in the sorry state it is in currently. Tell me - did winning 3 FA Cups in 4 years mean we had progressed? Were fans happy? Or were people calling for Wenger's head despite the cup wins because all they did were mask our structural deficiencies?

When other clubs were making movements, looking to improve and increase their chances of success, he was dithering because he didn't want to kill Giroud's career...

When you have ex-Arsenal players saying that the coaching staff at the club weren't good enough, yet Wenger persisted with keeping them anyway, is it any wonder we haven't seen any development in our players?

When David Ornstein - one of the most reliable sources of intel there is - is saying that people within the club felt Wenger had too much power and authority at the club to the point where he felt infallible, people are acting as if pastures new was not only necessary, but needed for the sake of the club's future.

It's Emery's first season, you're expecting him to win everything in sight when the main priority for this season is to get into the CL (which has to take precedence over a trophy in the short-term due to the additional income). He was always going to make some mistakes in his first season.

As for money being an excuse - people can say it is an excuse all they want, it doesn't change the reality. A HUGE part of the reason why we are in the mess we are in is because we wasted money on the wrong players either through transfers or contract extensions. Other clubs were bound to catch up. This has been an issue that preceded Emery.

Our defensive issues have been prevalent well before Emery was manager. In fact, it's been all people have spoken about us for the last 10 years. It takes time to change mentalities, let alone personnel.

As for having no recognised identity, I'm not sure what you want me to say. We were playing good stuff up until December time and since then we have not played that well, yeah. Injuries to your key players will influence that, though. When you then factor in the lack of quality and depth we had already, it doesn't exactly enhance our chances of playing good football.

So, considering all the external and internal factors, Emery's not done a bad job so far.

Is he faultless? Absolutely not. I have been critical of him plenty of times.

But I refuse to be drawn into this doom mongering when it is abundantly clear some of you never wanted him to succeed in the first place.

To which I say: go f**k yourselves.

This guy gets it.

It's like we share the same thoughts but when i try to express them I'm left with a word sallad and he summarized it all perfectly.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Santi » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:46 pm

Dejan wrote:
Pudpop wrote:
BrunelGooner wrote:I am sorry but some of you are complete and utter embarrassments.

But before anyone wants to accuse me of being up Emery's backside, please read my comments in this thread where I was severely critical of his tactics and team selection yesterday.

The usual suspects (Angelito in particular and others) have no sense of perspective or understanding at all.

I do not accept this revisionism of Wenger's latter years where we played "attractive football". No - the football we played was equally as drab and where we put in some of the worst, most gutless and spineless displays known to man. Where we passed the ball around with no intensity or purpose. Where any team that showed even a smidgen of physicality, we would fold like a pack of cards.

We already have more away wins this season than we did for the entirety of last season. It's only February.

We have more points and scored more goals than this point last season. We are also not cut adrift from the top 4 (though I do not think we will get it).

We are one of the favourites for the Europa League. We are a solitary point off Manchester United in 4th.

And this is despite us having one of the worst injury crises we've ever had, where 3 of our first choice back 4 are injured, 3 important players have had season-ending injuries, we've got the worst squad out of all the top 6 and we have strapped for cash (mainly down to self-sabotage admittedly).

People talk about us winning cups and competing for top 4 under Wenger when he's the reason the squad is in the sorry state it is in currently. Tell me - did winning 3 FA Cups in 4 years mean we had progressed? Were fans happy? Or were people calling for Wenger's head despite the cup wins because all they did were mask our structural deficiencies?

When other clubs were making movements, looking to improve and increase their chances of success, he was dithering because he didn't want to kill Giroud's career...

When you have ex-Arsenal players saying that the coaching staff at the club weren't good enough, yet Wenger persisted with keeping them anyway, is it any wonder we haven't seen any development in our players?

When David Ornstein - one of the most reliable sources of intel there is - is saying that people within the club felt Wenger had too much power and authority at the club to the point where he felt infallible, people are acting as if pastures new was not only necessary, but needed for the sake of the club's future.

It's Emery's first season, you're expecting him to win everything in sight when the main priority for this season is to get into the CL (which has to take precedence over a trophy in the short-term due to the additional income). He was always going to make some mistakes in his first season.

As for money being an excuse - people can say it is an excuse all they want, it doesn't change the reality. A HUGE part of the reason why we are in the mess we are in is because we wasted money on the wrong players either through transfers or contract extensions. Other clubs were bound to catch up. This has been an issue that preceded Emery.

Our defensive issues have been prevalent well before Emery was manager. In fact, it's been all people have spoken about us for the last 10 years. It takes time to change mentalities, let alone personnel.

As for having no recognised identity, I'm not sure what you want me to say. We were playing good stuff up until December time and since then we have not played that well, yeah. Injuries to your key players will influence that, though. When you then factor in the lack of quality and depth we had already, it doesn't exactly enhance our chances of playing good football.

So, considering all the external and internal factors, Emery's not done a bad job so far.

But I refuse to be drawn into this doom mongering when it is abundantly clear some of you never wanted him to succeed in the first place.

:clap:

:fail:

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPhone XS Maxemuum met Tapatalk
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Rockape » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:56 pm

That’s not a summary....that’s an Epic!

However, now Ive had the chance to read it, I agree with every word! :clap:
Last edited by Rockape on Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Ach » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:54 pm

Read this whole thread. Some decent posts on here. Some I don't get.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Luzh 22 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:04 am

Jedi wrote:
Pudpop wrote:

This guy gets it.

It's like we share the same thoughts but when i try to express them I'm left with a word sallad and he summarized it all perfectly.
"O Striker, Striker, why are you Striker?" - Arsene Nose 12/07/16
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Arsenal Tone » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:20 am

gunnor wrote:Emery doing amazing so far. I'm here to say one thing. If Emery gets us top 4 + Europa League, I don't want to hear Wenger's name EVER AGAIN.

In over 20 years Wenger has won NOTHING in Europe. Couldn't even see out a 1-0 win against 10 man Atletico Madrid. Our invincibles crumbled against Chelsea in the Champions League. By the time Wenger left he turned Arsenal into a LAUGHING STOCK in Europe and yet we just slapped Italy's second best team without conceding a single goal.

If we beat Chelsea in the final of the Europa League which could easily happen, Wenger will have been outdone in Europe in a single season by Emery. (We had great seasons in CL under Wenger I admit but we ultimately won nothing and actually we bottled a lot of those even though we played nice football but after 2011 we became a JOKE in Europe.)

I'm getting ahead of myself but Emery's doing well. Still can't believe we didn't get rid of Wenger sooner, we also could have had Klopp whose FIRST CHOICE was Arsenal not Liverpool.

/end rant
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:05 am

That is a f***ing shit post
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Dejan » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:30 am

Yeah, this gentlemen already throwing in the towel on the first of januari is a better post

Sims wrote:Given that we’ve practically got no budget would not signing anyone be a good idea? We’ve got nothing to play for really so why not wait until the summer to assess all options?
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:49 am

Dejan wrote:Yeah, this gentlemen already throwing in the towel on the first of januari is a better post

Sims wrote:Given that we’ve practically got no budget would not signing anyone be a good idea? We’ve got nothing to play for really so why not wait until the summer to assess all options?

Nothing to play for y'know
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Sims » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:12 pm

Tbf we would’ve been better off signing no-one than the lesbian we got on loan for £2m
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby thebigbangtheo » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:38 pm

Jedi wrote:
Pudpop wrote:

This guy gets it.

I doff my cap to you sir. I wish it were posts like this that dominated the forum.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Angelito » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:57 pm

Sims wrote:That is a f***ing shit post
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby UFGN » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:00 pm

Angelito wrote:
Sims wrote:That is a f***ing shit post

Emery still shit?

Still sack him if he loses the next match?
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk