Some quality posts you don't want to miss

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Some quality posts you don't wanna miss

Postby alexafc12 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:33 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
alexafc12 wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:Somebody calls you an idiot and you leave the forum eh ? LOL

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:If you do not have a pair you better not come on to an internet forum imo.

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:This is a public forum where if you indulge in name calling people will give you back with interest and the said bloke must know it very well.

Very relevant imo. Great posts.

The difference being the poster being called out was not even responding. He was not even on the forum for days together. So yeah dig out as many as you want to all i care. It is very classy putting someone's name in the signature and calling him out when he is not even on the forum to respond.

I think the general message is the same. I'm not advocating name calling but people shouldn't get so worked up about what is said on an internet forum. There is an ignore function there for a reason.

...FYI: Gooney has been the topic of people's signatures for years...
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:26 pm

Dejan wrote:Im sure people said on here that chambers is very technical? He looks like bendtner when in posession
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Pudpop » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:05 pm

Was going through my first posts since I realized I've been here for four years now. Ended up in the Giroud signing thread and found this gem from UFGN and Starman

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=22320#p709593

starmandb wrote:
UFGN wrote:
starmandb wrote:
FrustratedGooner wrote:nothing on sky.com or arsenal or anywhere or skysports news....we have just been trolled...

it was on the ticker on sky sports news at 7-20 this evening

1876/7 season.
We were close to signing Arthur Sidebottom from Huddersfield Town.
Sky announced the deal was done.
But it turned out he failed the medical. Turned out he had Typhoid.
Never plaid again, died three months later.

not just close mate
he played in a pre season tour to malaysia
i was there googling arsenal news now carrier pigeon for information on his signing
turns out he wanted us to pay for his 27 brothers to come down from yorkshire so the deal fell through.
another 1 wenger missed out on

There in 1876? Starman the original Cripps tbh :hiding:
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby alexafc12 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:27 am

It's pretty obvious UFGN meant 1976/7 tbh
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby UFGN » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:27 am

alexafc12 wrote:It's pretty obvious UFGN meant 1976/7 tbh

No, I didn't.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby elkanofan » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:32 am

aniym wrote:
AAIRE99 wrote:
Mesüt wrote:the main thing that impresses me about leicester is the way they've handled being at the top all this time.

Dont mean to be a hater or skeptic but I find their position very suspicious at this stage, lets face it, no team has ever done anything like this in the best league in the world, bottom a year ago top now lol.

I dunno how there are not more people with tinfoil hats on, I think there is something fishy going on here, I read somewhere that their stats for covering ground have gone through the roof since they went on that 6 game winning run last season. If that is true it makes this beyond suspicious.

What's really suspicious is how a club spends 250 million to buy a new team with a 'proven' manager and still depends on 2 teenagers and Fellaini for goals.

Billo, i love him, he just walks into it everytime :rofll:
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby alexafc12 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:23 am

UFGN wrote:

No, I didn't.

Ok I'm really confused... What am I missing?

You said we tried to sign some pubber in 1876/7... 10 years before the club was founded...

I assumed you meant 1976/7 as this was the year that Sidebottom pubber was around
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:39 am

alexafc12 wrote:
UFGN wrote:

No, I didn't.

You said we tried to sign some pubber in 1876/7... 10 years before the club was founded...

I assumed you meant 1976/7 as this was the year that Sidebottom pubber was around

It's a joke.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby UFGN » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:49 am

alexafc12 wrote:
UFGN wrote:

No, I didn't.

My post was a parody of starmandb

He was gracious enough to join in with a spot of self-deprecating humour
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Zenith » Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:15 am

Youngie wrote:Home

bigtime pisse d. mancester was pcked

girl from night out wAS FLIRTY AS f**k

f**k E IMTHE MAN , knocked her back.

goodm boobs an blond

1-0 t grown up me

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2810&start=50970
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Zenith » Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:29 am

Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:46 am
CRGooner wrote:As I was reflecting on the season as a whole, lots of thoughts popped up in my head, mainly about my general feelings for the club. My train of thought took me to ask myself one specific question: why do I love Arsenal so much?

I've been a Saprissa (my local team) and Barça fan (I'm part Catalan by my mother's side ) my whole life. I've cried, celebrated and screamed for those teams. Arsenal came later, but somehow, it feels as big if not bigger in me. Why?

I was an impressionable 9 year old when the France WC hit. There I saw it. Bergkamp's goal vs. Argentina. I was awestruck. I asked my dad who that was and what team he played with. He told me he was at some team called Arsenal, they had mentioned it on the TV during the match.

The Prem wasn't as big in here then (La Liga is still more popular), so I hadn't heard about AFC before. 56k modem didn't help. Being 9 didn't, either. Still, without knowing the match calendar, without knowing the table, without knowing what was up, every weekend I zapped through every sport channel in search of an Arsenal game. Sometimes I got lucky. Sometimes I struck out.

When I did catch the games, it was a treat. I saw that not only Bergkamp was amazing, but that the lanky guy could score a lot, the keeper that I called D'Artagnan was amazing, and that no one would want to mess with that angry Tony guy and the big French man with the funny sounding name. I couldn't tell formations or tactics, but I could tell it was great.

Then came Thierry. Then came Pires. Then the Swedish guy came good. Through most of my teens, I had the chance to witness some of the most glorious moments of this club's history. Not everyone of them, but most. However, suddenly... the trophies dried out. The silverware stopped coming. What was up?

I didn't follow the ins and outs of the club administration like I do now. The day to day. I didn't know the cost of that shiny new stadium. I didn't know the reasons. Many of my friends who sort of followed the Prem started changing their preferences. Chelsea fans started popping around, ManU fans kept growing.

I've always been a light Roma fan (Totti had kind of a Bergkamp effect on me). But I stopped truly following them after Batistuta left. That team lost something after that era of triumphs. Arsenal had lost some bits and pieces, but somehow, it was all mostly still there.

There was no Bergkamp, no Thierry and no trophies, but not only did I not lose my interest. It actually increased. My other two teams (Saprissa and Barça) have never stopped challenging for every national and international honor available to them during my lifetime. Arsenal sadly had, but the identity I grew to love was still there. It was not only based on trophies. It was a soul.

Be it with Henry, Van Persie, Chamakh or Giroud up front; this team, this club and this fanbase has never changed its identity. We've never once stopped being capable of playing some of the best football in the world. Not once have we stopped being that squad that can score the most scintillating team goals in England. Not once have we lost that spark that made Bergkamp great. We have lost consistency, yeah, but never have we lost everything.

That is why I love Arsenal so damn much. I follow closely (with different degrees of attention) at least 8 or 9 leagues around the world. You can find many analogies between clubs of one and other, even through financial and footballing distances. But NEVER have I found a team analogous to Arsenal. Arsenal is unique. Arsenal is special.

We're by far the greatest team, the world has ever seen. I envy all of those that can go and express their love in the stands every weekend. I request to them that, next season, they scream a little louder on behalf of all foreigners that, like me, have gone madly in love with the red and white. I know that I'm only one of many. This club is too beautiful not to share it with the whole planet.

Gooner till I die.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=29275&p=1223507
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby UFGN » Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:30 am

Im having problems finding the epic "Dejan's new TV" saga

Several posts rather than just one but they are worth finding and preserving

UFGN

Postby Zenith » Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:41 am

UFGN wrote:Im having problems finding the epic "Dejan's new TV" saga

Several posts rather than just one but they are worth finding and preserving

You ask, I deliver.

Dejan wrote:
Zëdië wrote:
Dejan wrote:geek question incoming

I want to connect my pc to my tv so if i want to watch movies I dont have to burn it on dvd anymore.

what cable do i need and is it easy to set up?

What connections does your TV have?

USB, HDMI, AV etc.

jesus how do i know

let me check son

Dejan wrote:it does show not names on the back of the tv so here are pics

a few months later

kronickaos wrote:
Dejan wrote:Hey dickheads

Kronishits wrote:Just saw on BBC that the "hurricane" is headed for the Netherlands later today... hopefully it blows aways Dejans TV and computer

Plymöuth Gööner wrote:Dejan - is your computer the same age as your tv?

UFGN wrote:Dejan is that a steam TV? Does it run on coal?

Does it only show silent movies?

:sneaky:

Massa wrote:Get a good tv then you cheap f**k

Admiring my new tv?

42 inch in your face bitch

:rofll: :rofll: :rofll:

welcome to 2013!!! :1990_dancing.gif: :1990_dancing.gif: :1990_dancing.gif:

Git wrote:
Massa wrote:Nice stock pic

Dejan couldn't take a photo because this is his phone:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2810&start=51900#p901873

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26593
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Sims » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:49 am

LOOOOOL
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby UFGN » Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:46 pm

:rofll:

UFGN

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk