Some quality posts you don't want to miss

Arsenal news and interviews
Discuss anything Arsenal related, players, tactics etc.

Some quality posts you don't want to miss

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:24 am

I am making a general thread for allowing members to quote the posts that they like. many quality posts get lost in to oblivion as time wears on. This thread would allow one to just go back in time and go through the posts rated by the members.

Just go ahead, quote the posts you admire and paste them here. It is as simple as that.
User avatar
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 24373
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:52 pm

Re: Some quality posts you don't wanna miss

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:25 am

Starmandb In the Wenger out thread.

starmandb wrote:But you can't have it both ways you can't knock people who champion wenger for victorys then refuse to blame him for defeats
By doing the same but in reverse
As a club there is no doubt we have not done good enough in defending titles ( apart from the fa cup) and obviously there is a huge gap in his cv as far as Europe is concerned
One can't help feeling that a tactically more astute manager would have won the champions league given the quality of players we have had
But I object to the open season approach to wengers whole tenure at the club
I still believe for his flaws that up until 2008 he was the best man to manage this club
That is no longer the case and to my mind he should have been sacked in October 2011 after an appalling end to the 10/11 season and start to 11/12 sandwiching in between that a summer transfer window where he sat on his hands and waited till we had dropped 8 points before addressing squad deficiencys and still didn't get the spine we so obviously needed
The guy was making a point about our squad being better than everybody else's
Mr wenger deserves credit for that
No?
I'm a greedy c*** I want the best squad in the world
Wenger doesn't anymore
That's unforgivable
I don't mind failing
I can't abide not trying
User avatar
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 24373
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:52 pm

Re: Some quality posts you don't wanna miss

Postby Tony_Adams » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:28 am

UFGN wrote:A club with far less money than us is making a more convincing bid for the title than we have at any point in the last decade

(When money, above all else, has been the excuse-in-chief for the club's situation)

If you don't think that proves anything, then it's because you don't want it to.
Image
User avatar
Tony_Adams
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 35221
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Some quality posts you don't wanna miss

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:34 am

Cripps wrote:Just got back. Anyone who dares questioning my love for the club after watching that crap in that weather needs a slap.

Off to the game, left a few minutes later than planned due to FIFA 15 commitments. A few minutes is all it takes whether you miss a train that's empty or get a train that's packed. At least I won my game. It was all downhill from there.

Maybe cos it's xmas, I don't know but people actually started making conversation with me at the station and on the train. Stfu people. I have my headphones on so would like to travel in peace and not be disturbed by pubbers of the community.

Got to Arsenal station with not much hassle, walking to the stadium. See a couple of QPR supporting grandads beating some Arsenal fan. Thought about helping but caught a glimpse of the name on the back of the Arsenal fans top and it said Propa with the 69 so left him to it. God rest his soul.

One thing, surely there must be a law somewhere where people are banned from drinking on trains, the smell was disgusting. Sooner alcohol is banned and prohibition amongst us, the better. Once again england will rise to become one of the greatest instead of being in the dumps as it is now.

Walking to the stadium, fans start singing the Arsenal songs. Really annoying. Bad enough in the stadium but really, do I have to hear it outside? That red army one is the worst. Be creative at least ffs.

Anyway get to the stadium, take my seat and realise the guy next to me is not the usual guy who has been there every home since I got my season ticket. What a plastic. Later learned he was in hospital. Typical excuse.

Got my iPad in one hand and my phone in the other, upper tier as usual very noisy. Not good for my head. Unfortunately I can't get season ticket moved to the quietness of the lower tier but then I won't be able to see shit so we win some and we lose some.

Game starts, got bored rather easily. Started messaging some chick, heard a roar, we have a penalty. Pray for alexis to take it as he's my captain, he doesn't score and I call him every name under the sun.

Notice Flamini having an awesome game once more. Makes me thing and laugh out loud of how naive GW is. Got some weird looks but I ignored them as I went back to messaging.

Sanchez makes up for his miss with a well headed goal, gets a deserved cheer from me.

Half time comes, for the first time ever I go inside as its cold and I go exploring for chicks and chips. Find one, not the other. Got back to my seat and

2nd half starts, more pass pass pass shit. Then Giroud shows why he is truly hated, first too slow to get to the through ball and then headbutts onouha. Ridiculous reaction from the pubber but the red was right and my hatred increases when I realise Welbeck will probably play upfront putting me in a dilemma whether to keep him in my team. Anger softens when I then realise no Giroud for 3 games.

Rosicky, best player in the pitch then gets a well taken goal. Game set and match? Not when you're Arsenal. Penalty given away, Austin steps up. Hoping he scores and he does. Points!!!!

Mert now steps up and becomes the awesome defender we know he is. Well assisted by Monreal. We hold on which was the biggest surprise of the day but it is a time for miracles and we saw one. Game ends, I get to the station within minutes making a mockery of the plastics who left early, one who left at half time and never returned and others with half hour to go.

On we go
Image



Invincibles Never Die
User avatar
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015
 
Posts: 21079
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:01 am

Re: Some quality posts you don't wanna miss

Postby Git » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:13 am

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:I am making a general thread for allowing members to quote the posts that they like. many quality posts get lost in to oblivion as time wears on. This thread would allow one to just go back in time and go through the posts rated by the members.

Just go ahead, quote the posts you admire and paste them here. It is as simple as that.

Arsenal Fanatic in the best posts thread.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
MML
User avatar
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman
 
Posts: 11825
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:55 am
Location: West Sussex, UK

Re: Some quality posts you don't wanna miss

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:08 am

Sims wrote:
Image
User avatar
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 24373
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:52 pm

Re: Some quality posts you don't wanna miss

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:13 am

Propa_Nutcase wrote:Had a great weekend out myself.

Turned up at Asda at 11:58pm straight out the boozer, drove straight down to the front of the shop doors and got out leaving the boot open and engine running, even left the top down on the convertible to fit more things in.

By the time i got there the queues were in the hundreds, i walked straight to the front knocking through all the kids and older women that were standing in the way.

Shortly after the barriers were open, everyone rushed to the things they wanted like in the video clips, I just walked up taking stock of what items I wanted and which shelves they were on. By the time I got to the aisles these chavs were already scrapping over the last of the tvs, I picked one up under the armpits and threw him into the refrigerated section sprawling amongst the milk and butter. I told the other to hand over the tv if he wanted to keep his teeth, and he duly obliged by dropping it between my feet and apologising

Taking the tv I went over to see about the tablets, a batch of samsung galaxys were about to be dropped by one of the customer service staff. all the black friday shoppers were waiting in anticipation, waiting with their tongues out like a pack of hyenas. 'i'm not taking the chance' i thought. I approached over the woman's shoulder and took all the tablets out of her hands, flicking through the colours i wanted and just thinking how much i could sell them for. i momentarily paused to check the crowds faces to see if there were any objections to my behaviour, but this was just met with an awkward silence. over my shoulder i noticed the lad was still wedged in the milk, struggling to wriggle his arse out the bottom of the fridge

With a 55 incher in one hand and 8 samsung galaxy tablets in the other, i had little room for any more christmas gadgets. I saw an ipod on the side on my way and managed to fit it in under my chin. Noticing the security guard was distracted i made my way for the exit, however I must have caught the side of his eye as he frantically gave chase. Taking hold of my shoulder litterally 6 feet from the doors he flipped me around to face him. I instinctively knew it was going to be this prick, the bald headed security guard who thought he was hard probably because he did a weekly martial arts session session or something. In fact he reminded my a lot of people on here all round Remembering how much i hated that ****, i channelled my anger with one singular powerful headbutt to the bridge of his nose, careful not to drop the ipod tucked under my chin, and dropping him in a oner. With bloody splattered over my face and clothes, the securty guard writhing on the floor in agony, the other shoppers continued their business distracted by the cheap toasters and bread makers that had just been dropped.

i made my way successfully through the exits to drop it all in the back of my car, closed the boot and drove home with a newcastle brown ale in one hand and a spliff in the other

the moral of the story is i now have 8 samsung galaxy tablets available in all colours, PM me with offers please NO TIMEWASTERS
Image



Invincibles Never Die
User avatar
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015
 
Posts: 21079
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:01 am

Re: Some quality posts you don't wanna miss

Postby Pudpop » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:20 am

If you want to link this thread quickly then just say www.goonersworld.co.uk/r/bestof

;)
Image
'The Turkish Diddler' ~ O(z)il on Canvas, © 2017
User avatar
Pudpop
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 12683
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:34 pm
Location: The Windy Cape

Re: Some quality posts you don't wanna miss

Postby Pudpop » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:31 pm

Image
'The Turkish Diddler' ~ O(z)il on Canvas, © 2017
User avatar
Pudpop
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 12683
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:34 pm
Location: The Windy Cape

Re: Some quality posts you don't wanna miss

Postby Dubs4Sam » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:51 pm

Great idea. I think though people should include the date of the post to give them a time reference point.
Image
User avatar
Dubs4Sam
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 2258
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 11:00 am
Location: Inside the Know Outside the Comprehension

Re: Some quality posts you don't wanna miss

Postby alexafc12 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:56 pm

Someone merge this thread with the Gooney hall of shame thread.

Some of the posts in there were comedy gold
Image
User avatar
alexafc12
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 8074
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:54 am

Re: Some quality posts you don't wanna miss

Postby Pudpop » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:58 pm

Dubs4Sam wrote:Great idea. I think though people should include the date of the post to give them a time reference point.


Todays date: The 14 day of Wele in the year of Ozil

Happy f***ing Valentine's day gays :)
Image
'The Turkish Diddler' ~ O(z)il on Canvas, © 2017
User avatar
Pudpop
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 12683
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:34 pm
Location: The Windy Cape

Re: Some quality posts you don't wanna miss

Postby Dai_Dillinger » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:37 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Cripps wrote:Just got back. Anyone who dares questioning my love for the club after watching that crap in that weather needs a slap.

Off to the game, left a few minutes later than planned due to FIFA 15 commitments. A few minutes is all it takes whether you miss a train that's empty or get a train that's packed. At least I won my game. It was all downhill from there.

Maybe cos it's xmas, I don't know but people actually started making conversation with me at the station and on the train. Stfu people. I have my headphones on so would like to travel in peace and not be disturbed by pubbers of the community.

Got to Arsenal station with not much hassle, walking to the stadium. See a couple of QPR supporting grandads beating some Arsenal fan. Thought about helping but caught a glimpse of the name on the back of the Arsenal fans top and it said Propa with the 69 so left him to it. God rest his soul.

One thing, surely there must be a law somewhere where people are banned from drinking on trains, the smell was disgusting. Sooner alcohol is banned and prohibition amongst us, the better. Once again england will rise to become one of the greatest instead of being in the dumps as it is now.

Walking to the stadium, fans start singing the Arsenal songs. Really annoying. Bad enough in the stadium but really, do I have to hear it outside? That red army one is the worst. Be creative at least ffs.

Anyway get to the stadium, take my seat and realise the guy next to me is not the usual guy who has been there every home since I got my season ticket. What a plastic. Later learned he was in hospital. Typical excuse.

Got my iPad in one hand and my phone in the other, upper tier as usual very noisy. Not good for my head. Unfortunately I can't get season ticket moved to the quietness of the lower tier but then I won't be able to see shit so we win some and we lose some.

Game starts, got bored rather easily. Started messaging some chick, heard a roar, we have a penalty. Pray for alexis to take it as he's my captain, he doesn't score and I call him every name under the sun.

Notice Flamini having an awesome game once more. Makes me thing and laugh out loud of how naive GW is. Got some weird looks but I ignored them as I went back to messaging.

Sanchez makes up for his miss with a well headed goal, gets a deserved cheer from me.

Half time comes, for the first time ever I go inside as its cold and I go exploring for chicks and chips. Find one, not the other. Got back to my seat and

2nd half starts, more pass pass pass shit. Then Giroud shows why he is truly hated, first too slow to get to the through ball and then headbutts onouha. Ridiculous reaction from the pubber but the red was right and my hatred increases when I realise Welbeck will probably play upfront putting me in a dilemma whether to keep him in my team. Anger softens when I then realise no Giroud for 3 games.

Rosicky, best player in the pitch then gets a well taken goal. Game set and match? Not when you're Arsenal. Penalty given away, Austin steps up. Hoping he scores and he does. Points!!!!

Mert now steps up and becomes the awesome defender we know he is. Well assisted by Monreal. We hold on which was the biggest surprise of the day but it is a time for miracles and we saw one. Game ends, I get to the station within minutes making a mockery of the plastics who left early, one who left at half time and never returned and others with half hour to go.

On we go


This is amazing
"I'm obsessed by the idea of making my mark on history. And Arsenal is my paradise" - King Thierry
User avatar
Dai_Dillinger
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 2245
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:17 am

Re: Some quality posts you don't wanna miss

Postby Sims » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:39 pm

Cripps wrote:Lol I'm liking this Jackson pubber. A nobody poster looking to make a name for himself and taking on the big dog.

I can respect that. Unfortunately seeing as you've been a fan since the cup win which I mentioned a couple weeks back, I don't waste time on nobodies.

Keep trying. I appreciate the effort. In a year or so if you're still an Arsenal fan then come back to me


elkanofan wrote:Nah, sorry, he was sacked and he returned 6 years later.

Jose Mourinho is a short term manager who is solely about winning everything in 1-2 years then f***ing off somewhere else to stretch his ego. His whole awareness is short term and all about him. The club is secoundary.

Look at the sheer sewer of total shit which has spewed from his mouth since we be them on Sunday. The handshake fiasco and all. He's a very insecure man, shitting himself at the prospect of Wenger being able to win titles with us in his first few years, then build a new stadium and a manage the cost of it over a decade, paying off all the debts and winning the league again with a club, which even after he soon leaves is all ready to continue to dominate for the next 10-20 years!

Gary Neville said it a few years ago. At the bare minimum Wenger just needs to win the league again and that alone with all he has done will be one of THE great managerial achievements of all time. He's turned us into a legitimate super club with our fanbase and we have the stadium ready, look at Chelsea and Sp*rs scramble around desperately looking to move to Wembley to start building their stadium because they envy us they are starting to see something Wenger saw years and years ago in advance.

What has helped us is the Karma effect now turning back on itself for Chelsea and especially City who look awful this year, their grotesque spending has destroyed the transfer market. Now teams have tons of money but few to no world class players with any value to buy, and the hilarious thing is when they become available they go straight to Madrid and Barcelona!

Jose is shitting himself at the gigantic task he has ahead of him, one unlike before when he had the luxury of just buying any number of world class players available to compete with rivals! He now knows he has to start doing things he never thought he would need to do, such as like OX showed on Sunday! Develop. Young Players For The Future! Something Mourinho is totally incapable of!
Image
User avatar
Sims
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 29759
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:47 pm
Location: East London

Re: Some quality posts you don't wanna miss

Postby Big17 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:05 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Propa_Nutcase wrote:Had a great weekend out myself.

Turned up at Asda at 11:58pm straight out the boozer, drove straight down to the front of the shop doors and got out leaving the boot open and engine running, even left the top down on the convertible to fit more things in.

By the time i got there the queues were in the hundreds, i walked straight to the front knocking through all the kids and older women that were standing in the way.

Shortly after the barriers were open, everyone rushed to the things they wanted like in the video clips, I just walked up taking stock of what items I wanted and which shelves they were on. By the time I got to the aisles these chavs were already scrapping over the last of the tvs, I picked one up under the armpits and threw him into the refrigerated section sprawling amongst the milk and butter. I told the other to hand over the tv if he wanted to keep his teeth, and he duly obliged by dropping it between my feet and apologising

Taking the tv I went over to see about the tablets, a batch of samsung galaxys were about to be dropped by one of the customer service staff. all the black friday shoppers were waiting in anticipation, waiting with their tongues out like a pack of hyenas. 'i'm not taking the chance' i thought. I approached over the woman's shoulder and took all the tablets out of her hands, flicking through the colours i wanted and just thinking how much i could sell them for. i momentarily paused to check the crowds faces to see if there were any objections to my behaviour, but this was just met with an awkward silence. over my shoulder i noticed the lad was still wedged in the milk, struggling to wriggle his arse out the bottom of the fridge

With a 55 incher in one hand and 8 samsung galaxy tablets in the other, i had little room for any more christmas gadgets. I saw an ipod on the side on my way and managed to fit it in under my chin. Noticing the security guard was distracted i made my way for the exit, however I must have caught the side of his eye as he frantically gave chase. Taking hold of my shoulder litterally 6 feet from the doors he flipped me around to face him. I instinctively knew it was going to be this prick, the bald headed security guard who thought he was hard probably because he did a weekly martial arts session session or something. In fact he reminded my a lot of people on here all round Remembering how much i hated that ****, i channelled my anger with one singular powerful headbutt to the bridge of his nose, careful not to drop the ipod tucked under my chin, and dropping him in a oner. With bloody splattered over my face and clothes, the securty guard writhing on the floor in agony, the other shoppers continued their business distracted by the cheap toasters and bread makers that had just been dropped.

i made my way successfully through the exits to drop it all in the back of my car, closed the boot and drove home with a newcastle brown ale in one hand and a spliff in the other

the moral of the story is i now have 8 samsung galaxy tablets available in all colours, PM me with offers please NO TIMEWASTERS


One of the greatest posts iv'e ever read.

I miss him so much :(
User avatar
Big17
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 8441
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:28 pm

Next

Return to Arsenal Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yandex [Bot] and 4 guests