Lucas Pérez

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Lucas Perez (9)

Postby Arsene Nose » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:37 am

Unbelievable stupidity people ringing their hands over Lucas Perez. It happens that players move clubs and it doesnt work out. Andriy Shevchenko was a ballon d'or winner when he moved to Chelsea and got shafted. If anything Wenger gives every dog and their pup a chance so if Lucas didnt get his I can only assume he wasn't up to snuff. Yeah, I know he scored three tap ins in one game. The last thing you can accuse Wenger of is not giving a player a chance. As far as his number being taken away, unfortunate and inconsiderate of Arsenal and they should apologize for the manner in which it was done.
Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:52 am

Arsene Nose wrote:Unbelievable stupidity people ringing their hands over Lucas Perez. It happens that players move clubs and it doesnt work out. Andriy Shevchenko was a ballon d'or winner when he moved to Chelsea and got shafted. If anything Wenger gives every dog and their pup a chance so if Lucas didnt get his I can only assume he wasn't up to snuff. Yeah, I know he scored three tap ins in one game. The last thing you can accuse Wenger of is not giving a player a chance. As far as his number being taken away, unfortunate and inconsiderate of Arsenal and they should apologize for the manner in which it was done.

And players like Chamberlain and Welbeck are up to snuff?

Funny that Chamberlain especially has been dogshit for six years and he's still here, but Wenger is shifting Perez out after one season of sporadic appearances. Yeah, Wenger sure gave him a fair chance.

P.S.

Perez scored 7 goals in all comps, which is more than Chamberlain has ever managed.

20 goals in six seasons for the mighty Ox, looooool.

By the way if Wenger has his way Chamberlain will be here next season.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Arsene Nose » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:30 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Arsene Nose wrote:Unbelievable stupidity people ringing their hands over Lucas Perez. It happens that players move clubs and it doesnt work out. Andriy Shevchenko was a ballon d'or winner when he moved to Chelsea and got shafted. If anything Wenger gives every dog and their pup a chance so if Lucas didnt get his I can only assume he wasn't up to snuff. Yeah, I know he scored three tap ins in one game. The last thing you can accuse Wenger of is not giving a player a chance. As far as his number being taken away, unfortunate and inconsiderate of Arsenal and they should apologize for the manner in which it was done.

And players like Chamberlain and Welbeck are up to snuff?

Funny that Chamberlain especially has been dogshit for six years and he's still here, but Wenger is shifting Perez out after one season of sporadic appearances. Yeah, Wenger sure gave him a fair chance.

P.S.

Perez scored 7 goals in all comps, which is more than Chamberlain has ever managed.

20 goals in six seasons for the mighty Ox, looooool.

By the way if Wenger has his way Chamberlain will be here next season.

Ok. Let's discuss that. When we bought Ox he was a kid with potential nothing more. He was given chance after chance and he did nothing with it. He's an inferior player to Perez. The difference in the last sixth months has been that we had a midfield shortage and with a switch to the new 343 Ox was useful in a wing back role. The fact that he has not signed a new deal this far into the summer pretty much shows he lacks confidence that Wenger will give him anything more than a squad role.
In the case of Perez he seems like a good box striker. Problem is in a 343 he loses out. Alexis takes the left, Ozil takes the right and Welbeck is best suited through the center. Now I will entirely agree that Welbeck's goal output is wank and needs to improve (that's why we have bought Laca after all) but Welbeck's mobility and athleticism drag defenders around opening up space for the others. Our run towards the end of the season culminating in a FA Cup win came with us switching to 343 and playing him at CF. This is not something Perez's profile as a player allows. To me he is at best a backup to Alexis. But Alexis never sits a game out (thankfully!) so he never gets a chance. I feel for the guy but can only imagine that Wenger would not have spent 50 mil on Laca if he thought Perez could do the job. Remember Wenger has to make the board money, right?
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Massa » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:21 pm

Don't care about the shirt number change, but let's not act like AW hasn't handled LP like a tool
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Mike Dean » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:59 pm

Massa wrote:Don't care about the shirt number change, but let's not act like AW hasn't handled LP like a tool

This.

Wenger has been very unprofessional regarding Perez.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby ALLCAPS_ » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:22 pm

If he's leaving then get it over with already ffs
ALLCAPS_
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby knowledge93 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:36 pm

ALLCAPS_ wrote:If he's leaving then get it over with already ffs

Lol this is Arsenal. We don't get these over and done. Knowing our club we'll end him on a few loan spells to lose him on a free.
knowledge93
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Angelito » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:08 pm

knowledge93 wrote:
ALLCAPS_ wrote:If he's leaving then get it over with already ffs

Lol this is Arsenal. We don't get these over and done. Knowing our club we'll end him on a few loan spells to lose him on a free.

^ We are a poorly run club. Players running down their contracts, our inability to offload players, and the time we take to close down deals.

Lucas is a good player and I'm sure, if we lower the asking price to less than £10m, Prem clubs will be interested in him.

It seems we don't want to lower the price though. We sold Szczesny for £10m when he's easily a £20m player in today's market.

There are few things this club does well apart from make money. And that is the end all here.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby jules_w » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:10 pm

Isn't he sold yet?! Damn , we need to get rid of all this deadwood asap
jules_w
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Losmeister » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:55 am

Lucas>>>ox
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Arsene Nose » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:02 am

He has only one offer and that's for 9 mil. So obviously he's not going to be sold.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:40 am

Quite strange really, if I were a lower half table club in the Prem I'd be all over £15m for a guy of this skill level.

But then again no ones seen him play, we have because we watch our lesser cup games etc which is the only way you would of seen Lucas last season.

Wenger is such a tw*t.

Tbf Perez's days were numbered the moment he showed Wenger up and scored a hat trick.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsene Nose » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:59 am

DiamondGooner wrote:Quite strange really, if I were a lower half table club in the Prem I'd be all over £15m for a guy of this skill level.

But then again no ones seen him play, we have because we watch our lesser cup games etc which is the only way you would of seen Lucas last season.

Wenger is such a tw*t.

Tbf Perez's days were numbered the moment he showed Wenger up and scored a hat trick.

You've seen more of Perez than say Everton or Leicester's scouts? Ok then.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Santi » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:13 pm

Massa wrote:Don't care about the shirt number change, but let's not act like AW hasn't handled LP like a tool
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:55 pm

Deportivo have offered 8 million to buy him back, and with a year of almost zero football, that's probably what he's worth now. He should be allowed to go back to them, preferably with an apology from Gazidis regarding how he was treated. His agent should have known that Wenger wasn't going to give up on Project Welbeck/Walcott anytime soon.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to World Football