Héctor Bellerín

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: 39. Hector Bellerin

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:10 pm

I feel bad for the kid more than anything. He was clearly not good enough. Of course not, he's 19 and it's the first time he's ever started for the club.
It's like Jenkinson in the 8-2. He had no business playing in that game, but he was thrown into it through no fault of his own.
Last edited by ThereIsBearCüm on Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Santi » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:11 pm

Exactly
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Maradonna » Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:02 pm

he looked like a winger playing as a LB.
He needs time.
Maradonna
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Popey » Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:28 pm

ThereIsBearCüm wrote:I feel bad for the kid more than anything. He was clearly not good enough. Of course not, he's 19 and it's the first time he's ever started for the club.
It's like Jenkinson in the 8-2. He had no business playing in that game, but he was thrown into it through no fault of his own.

and that's exactly what a don't like about wenger. he just throws them into a game with so much pressure...they aren't even ready for that.

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby S&W the no1Fan » Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:35 pm

GunnGunn wrote:
Salt and Wenger wrote:hector was no worse than mertesacker.

Koscielny was our worst defender yesterday and had bellerin performed like koscielny did people would be saying all sorts.

It was a tough game for him but he certainly didnt embarrass himself and jenkinson would have been no better.

Jenkinson vs Bayern. Who have a better team....

bellerin did no worse

i'm guessing jenkinson would have dealt with dortmunds pressing better

picked out better passes or not allowed space.

Jenkinson is the johan djourou of defenders, just relies on recovery he would have done no better and we probably would have been under more pressure with his shit ball skills.
S&W the no1Fan
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Popey » Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:36 pm

Salt and Wenger wrote:
GunnGunn wrote:

Koscielny was our worst defender yesterday and had bellerin performed like koscielny did people would be saying all sorts.

It was a tough game for him but he certainly didnt embarrass himself and jenkinson would have been no better.

bellerin did no worse

Jenkinson is the johan djourou of defenders, just relies on recovery he would have done no better and we probably would have been under more pressure with his shit ball skills

disagree!

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Angelito » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:30 pm

ThereIsBearCüm wrote:I feel bad for the kid more than anything. He was clearly not good enough. Of course not, he's 19 and it's the first time he's ever started for the club.

This.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby gooney » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:37 pm

I feel bad for him and every young defender at Arsenal who are similar age. Last 7-8 years Arsenals coaching at youth level have been way behind the top teams and there is a consistent theme of players having no tactical understanding of the game as they are not taught that side of the game. Now that Jonker has arrived, there may be a chance for the younger ones. But for the likes of Hayden and Bellerin its already too late imo. Liam brady was incompetent beyond belief
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby StockGooner » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:28 am

Salt and Wenger wrote:
GunnGunn wrote:

bellerin did no worse

Jenkinson is the johan djourou of defenders, just relies on recovery he would have done no better and we probably would have been under more pressure with his shit ball skills.

Don't want to say Bellerin did worse as I don;t want to pin blame on him but Jenkinson v Bayern was good, very good game, one his best considering the opponents, although that also had a lot to do with Bayern already lading 3-1.

And strange comparison with Djourou, who at times did well for us, just had brain farts. Whereas Jenkinsons weaknesses are just a bit of composure when it comes to attacking instincts
StockGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby John Ozil » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:54 pm

the hate Bellerin got after the Dortmund..will be his excuse when he leaves for Barca in 2019
#Messi4GOAT
John Ozil
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby gooney » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:56 pm

bellerin is a proper footballer, not a good defender. Jenkinson is pure garbage imo. I cant think of worst footballer for arsenal in years
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Cripps » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:59 pm

Arteta?
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Yago » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:06 pm

gooney wrote:bellerin is a proper footballer, not a good defender. Jenkinson is pure garbage imo. I cant think of worst footballer for arsenal in years

andre santos
Yago
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner

Postby gooney » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:08 pm

Yago wrote:
gooney wrote:bellerin is a proper footballer, not a good defender. Jenkinson is pure garbage imo. I cant think of worst footballer for arsenal in years

andre santos

Are you kidding me? Santos was far far more talented than jenkiinson. For me he is a terrible footballer and a poor defender
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:16 pm

Silvestre, Squillaci.
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to World Football