Héctor Bellerín

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Héctor Bellerín (24)

Postby arsenalpan » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:36 pm

Angelito wrote:
Tony_Adams wrote:Ideally suited to the wing in a formation with a back three:

Alexis--Giroud
Ozil
Chamberlain--Xhaka--Ramsey--Bellerin
Koscielny--Mustafi--Gabriel
Cech

I like this. It will work only if Ramsey realizes that he's a CM and not a striker. Sadly, our manager can't ensure that.

If he could play like Khedira, this team will be up by one level.
arsenalpan
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Arsenal Tone » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:36 pm

Angelito wrote:

Alexis--Giroud
Ozil
Cech

I like this. It will work only if Ramsey realizes that he's a CM and not a striker. Sadly, our manager can't ensure that.

Thing is, with three CBs behind him, he can do that without leaving us short of cover for the defence.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby ALLCAPS_ » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:39 pm

EliteKiller wrote:

Alexis--Giroud
Ozil
Cech

Yup .... back three with attacking wing-backs is the way to go .... and that's where Bellerin would shine .....

I like the look of that.

Lwb, cb, cm, st in the summer suited to that formation that could be pretty nice.

Never gonna happen sadly
ALLCAPS_
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Marsbar100 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:47 pm

I prefer Chelseas version of 3 at the back because they have two top wide players in Pedro and hazard plus Moses whilst isn't a top winger he use to be a wide player and is a far better attacking wide player than bellerin.
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Marsbar100 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:51 pm

.................... Sanchez................theo

............Ozil

................... Xhaka.............Elneny

Ox........................................................bellerin

......................Gabriel.........Kos...........Mustafi

Prefer something like this
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:02 pm

GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:03 pm

"It’s also true that we have a few games in hand, we are a few games behind some of the teams on top of us. But we knew this year it was going to be very competitive. There were six or seven teams that were going to compete for the Champions League spots.
"We knew that it was going to get tough. It was going to be one of the hardest leagues probably in the last few years. We knew it could happen but we still have loads of games for us to recover and make it into the top four.
"I think it’s just ours for the taking."

Read more at http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... wXLdtws.99

Irks me

Literally does.

TOP FOUR IS NOTHING, YOU BELLEND! THE TITLE IS GONE!
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:17 pm

Tony_Adams wrote:
Angelito wrote:

Alexis--Giroud
Ozil
Cech

Thing is, with three CBs behind him, he can do that without leaving us short of cover for the defence.

For a 3-5-2 to work, you'd need 2 competent CMs who play like B2B players, with one sitting back when the other goes to attack. We already have Ozil who will have the free role behind the strikers. Xhaka is effective when he has space and time. Ramsey must work his shoes off to allow Xhaka the space and time, whilst ensuring we're not exposed. I think Elneny is more equipped for such a role.

The FBs, in this system, have the license to bomb forward and at such times, Ramsey and Xhaka will have to stay back to cover for them. Chambo and Bellerin are both attack-minded players. I'd be confident under any other manager because frankly, this seems to be a formation to get the best out of our players. With Wenger in charge, we'd be so naive - Ramsey playing alongside Giroud, Alexis trying to do all by himself, Ozil playing as a CM, Xhaka not having clue in the middle, and the likes of Bellerin/Chambo getting caught out of position, we might be worse off. All these players occupying each other's position will only create a meddled setup.

During such times, even 3 at the back won't help. It's all about drilling our players and ensuring they understand their roles. Would you trust Wenger to do that? I don't.

Have you noticed that we don't seem to have as big problems when Cazorla is playing? Simply put, when Cazorla is there, Ozil doesn't have to drop deep, and Coq doesn't have to play as a B2B player. Santi's passing, close control, dribbling, vision, and ambidexterity allows Coq to stay simple and Ozil to hold the fort in the final third - where he's most effective. We need a world class CM to replace Cazorla if anything.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Arsenal Tone » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:17 pm

^ good points
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby MecurialGooner » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:20 pm

After his latest comments, I hope he's sold ASAP. can't deal with this f**king loser.
MecurialGooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:25 pm

Bellerin as a wing back would be great, but I don't see Wenger going with it. Hector has been moving inside far more this season by design. He should have scored with that center box run on Wed. Theo has been much better at covering for Bellerin this year as well.

Ox, not sure he is willing to track back hard enough to make the switch as Moses did. I have always liked him in the Ramsey central role. he is always more engaged and plays his best there.
He/His/Non-Menstruater/Postmenopausal/non-vaginal male. Yup all man!
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Sims » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:12 am

He's been dogshit for a while now but he's needed surgery on his ankle for months. Really ain't his fault he's playing whilst injured
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby coach8smallball » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:30 pm

Angelito wrote:
Tony_Adams wrote:
Angelito wrote:

Alexis--Giroud
Ozil
Cech

For a 3-5-2 to work, you'd need 2 competent CMs who play like B2B players, with one sitting back when the other goes to attack. We already have Ozil who will have the free role behind the strikers. Xhaka is effective when he has space and time. Ramsey must work his shoes off to allow Xhaka the space and time, whilst ensuring we're not exposed. I think Elneny is more equipped for such a role.

The FBs, in this system, have the license to bomb forward and at such times, Ramsey and Xhaka will have to stay back to cover for them. Chambo and Bellerin are both attack-minded players. I'd be confident under any other manager because frankly, this seems to be a formation to get the best out of our players. With Wenger in charge, we'd be so naive - Ramsey playing alongside Giroud, Alexis trying to do all by himself, Ozil playing as a CM, Xhaka not having clue in the middle, and the likes of Bellerin/Chambo getting caught out of position, we might be worse off. All these players occupying each other's position will only create a meddled setup.

During such times, even 3 at the back won't help. It's all about drilling our players and ensuring they understand their roles. Would you trust Wenger to do that? I don't.

Have you noticed that we don't seem to have as big problems when Cazorla is playing? Simply put, when Cazorla is there, Ozil doesn't have to drop deep, and Coq doesn't have to play as a B2B player. Santi's passing, close control, dribbling, vision, and ambidexterity allows Coq to stay simple and Ozil to hold the fort in the final third - where he's most effective. We need a world class CM to replace Cazorla if anything.

in the 3-5-2, you'd be going to 3 players in the back that strictly defend. in a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-3-3 you have 2 CB's that strictly defend.

we couldn't have any of those 3 bombing forward. just provide depth for support on the wings and change the point of attack if needed. I'd be satisfied with a mustafi/kos/monreal setup. and based on our current form (as much as I hate to admit), we'd be better off with the lamp post up top with alexis. when healthy, lucas could play left and either walnut/welbz on the right. ozil/elneny/xhaka or ramsey in the middle.

just my 2 cents worth....
cheers!
--tank
coach8smallball
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Gunpowder » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:43 pm

Wenger shouldn't have frozen Debuchy out. This kid isn't that good
Gunpowder
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Nuggets » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:45 pm

Gunpowder wrote:Wenger shouldn't have frozen Debuchy out. This kid isn't that good

He is going backwards, he is getting like Walnut all speed and fook all else. :biggrin:
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

PreviousNext

Return to World Football