Héctor Bellerín

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Héctor Bellerín (2)

Postby Sims » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:16 pm

Cedric is fine as back up, we’re not at a stage where our rotation options are going to be perfect

Even Liverpool’s squad past their starting XI is very ropey
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Arsenal Tone » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:18 pm

Saliba can play there too :hiding:
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby gooney » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:21 pm

One of Amn or belllerin has to be sold to raise funds. We have 3 right backs in the squad. And no cedrick that we signed on 4 year deal isn’t gonna be sold
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Angelito » Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:24 pm

Callum wrote:
Angelito wrote:Unless it's a big money deal, why are we entertaining the idea of selling him?

He's one of the best RBs in the Prem. He's home grown. He's only 25. He's been with us since 2011.

Bellerin's departure suggests that Niles or Cedric assumes the RB responsibility. Niles isn't a RB. Cedric is a good backup, nothing more.

I would wager that we need to raise funds to acquire Partey and/or Aouar. That said, it leaves our RB position vacant as well. Niles is a wing-back, not a RB.

If we also intend to play with a back three, it might not be effective against the "lesser" sides.

In an ideal situation I don't want us to sell Bellerin but I can see the logic. We're having trouble shifting our deadwood, and we're not receiving much in the way of offers for our higher value players we're happy to sell like Torreira or Guendouzi either. I'd rather we keep him but if selling Hector allows us to sign Aouar/ Partey, so be it. I think Maitland-Niles has the skillset to play at RB in a back four.

I'd agree if we got closer to €50m for him.

In a pre-Covid world, it wouldn't be an outrageous fee. In today's time, I'd say €40m would be acceptable if we do wish to sell him.

That €40m helps us purchase Aouar. I don't think we can afford Partey as we'd have to pay his release clause in lump sum.

However, I don't want to sell him. He's a class RB and an Arsenal boy. Sure, he joined from La Masia but he's our longest serving player and is more of a London chap than a Catalan.

It'd hurt to see him go.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby KG3 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:30 pm

Hypothetical question would you rather sell Bellerin to PSG for 35M? or one of our rivals Chelsea buy him for 55M?
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:37 pm

30m from PSG? TAKE THE DEAL.
Bellerin has been a liability defensively.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Callum » Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:57 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:If todays reports are to be believed the direction has gone from ............

Selling AMN, to now keeping AMN and selling Bellerin.

Maybe that's because we're only being offered £15m from Wolves for AMN and we feel his stock will rise this year with England but Bellerin is fetching £25-£30m so not worth selling AMN?

Tbh I think they're performing at an equal level so I don't mind either, the one that bothers me is Cedric, how the fk do we have a Fullback who can't defend? waste of wages.

Tierney, AMN, Bellerin would of been solid Fullback options especially as AMN can play both Left and Right.

I think Cedric was brought in because we anticipated Maitland-Niles' departure, who reportedly didn't want to play at full-back and Arteta didn't seem to rate him. Sign we've signed Cedric, that's obviously changed dramatically.

For this summer, the club is probably open to selling either Maitland-Niles or Bellerin if the right bid comes in. We have a lot of deadwood we are struggling to offload and we almost certainly need to raise funds from player sales if we're to land a Partey or an Aouar. We're relatively well covered in the full back positions, with Cedric has a handy backup, so if we receive a good bid for either Maitland-Niles or Bellerin it makes sense to sell so that we can invest in the midfield.

Bellerin will likely command a higher fee and supposedly has the likes of PSG and Juventus sniffing around him, so I imagine he'll go if we receive a bid of £30m or more. Wolves won't be able to pay a similar fee for Ainsley, who's value has probably risen due to his England call-up, so he'll probably be the one more likely to stay.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:01 am

We should respond with a €50m + add-ons bid for Mbappe.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby alexafc12 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:29 am

Would be a shame to lose Bellerin - apparently he's a big presence in the team and the key interface between the different contingents.

Niles is younger and more versatile, however he's had issues previously with turning up late and slacking off in training.

Is AMN good enough and is he ready to accept being RB permanently ?
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby theHotHead » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:35 am

KG3 wrote:Hypothetical question would you rather sell Bellerin to PSG for 35M? or one of our rivals Chelsea buy him for 55M?

Chelsea for £55m definitely. Agent Bellerin
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:44 am

alexafc12 wrote:Would be a shame to lose Bellerin - apparently he's a big presence in the team and the key interface between the different contingents.

Niles is younger and more versatile, however he's had issues previously with turning up late and slacking off in training.

Is AMN good enough and is he ready to accept being RB permanently ?

He's shit at defending, though. Quite a lot of money to turn down for a key interface between different contingents.
We should maybe leave that to the manager, coaches and captain anyway.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:44 am

theHotHead wrote:
KG3 wrote:Hypothetical question would you rather sell Bellerin to PSG for 35M? or one of our rivals Chelsea buy him for 55M?

Chelsea for £55m definitely. Agent Bellerin

That would be an even bigger coup than selling Adebayor to City. :arse flag.gif:
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby theHotHead » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:04 am

Why would anyone be worried about selling players not good enough for Arsenal - to our rivals ?? If he was a benefit to us we would keep him.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:59 pm

PSG reported to have offered 25m
Take it. PLEASE!

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... r-bellerin
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Callum » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:06 pm

We shouldn't sell for a penny less than 30m GBP.
Callum
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to World Football