Héctor Bellerín

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Héctor Bellerín (2)

Postby Zenith » Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:21 pm

:hiding:

Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby thebigbangtheo » Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:52 pm

So, a graphical representation to simply display that we have the very poorest full back in the league.

Happy to reporct then that whilst my eyesight has indeed diminished from perfect 20/20 vision as a handsome and dashing twenty something, Specsavers are still doing one hell of a great job.
Last edited by thebigbangtheo on Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby LMAO » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:18 pm

AMN tho
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Power n Glory » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:41 pm

Zenith wrote: :hiding:

Wow.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Gordon Bennit » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:35 pm

Stunned by the sheer number of times he passed backwards. He wasn't the only one but so many times the move had to restart after he had received the ball.
Good old Arsenal, we're proud to say that name
Gordon Bennit
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby thebigbangtheo » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:48 am

Gordon Bennit wrote:Stunned by the sheer number of times he passed backwards. He wasn't the only one but so many times the move had to restart after he had received the ball.

I think that it is now not only prudent but also absolutely fair to say that Bellerin is the antithesis of Tierney.

If you have ever suffered the misfortune to have driven a front wheel drive car where one of the front brakes had seized on, that is what I am put in mind of when watching them paired at full back.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby EliteKiller » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:07 am

I don't rate Bellerin but he does have a small measure of sympathy ....

On our attacking left we have Auba (sure in crap form) playing ahead of Tierney .... now as poorly as Auda is playing the opposing fullback has to mark him, he is a golden boot winner and given time and space he will score, any opposing midfield player and fullback knows this, Auba is the main threat.

This leaves Tierney either free to overlap or one v one with a midfield player - with his ability he looks very good given these options.

Meanwhile Bellerin has Saka who at 19 is doing OK but does he get even close to the same level of respect as Auba - not a chance - so Bellerin going forward has the opposing midfield player and a fullback probably seeing him as the main threat.

This means Bellerin has far less opportunity to impress ...

That said Bellerin is still very average, he neither defends or attacks well, he's decent mid-table level .... is that really worth seven seasons as our main right back?
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby thebigbangtheo » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:47 am

EliteKiller wrote:I don't rate Bellerin but he does have a small measure of sympathy ....

On our attacking left we have Auba (sure in crap form) playing ahead of Tierney .... now as poorly as Auda is playing the opposing fullback has to mark him, he is a golden boot winner and given time and space he will score, any opposing midfield player and fullback knows this, Auba is the main threat.

This leaves Tierney either free to overlap or one v one with a midfield player - with his ability he looks very good given these options.

Meanwhile Bellerin has Saka who at 19 is doing OK but does he get even close to the same level of respect as Auba - not a chance - so Bellerin going forward has the opposing midfield player and a fullback probably seeing him as the main threat.

This means Bellerin has far less opportunity to impress ...

That said Bellerin is still very average, he neither defends or attacks well, he's decent mid-table level .... is that really worth seven seasons as our main right back?

I genuinely like how you have cleverly sliced and diced the issue in a completely different manner, yet still draw the same conclusion as all the previous posters on this page.

You make some valid points with regards to Aubameyang which is why I for one am looking forward to when the team is eventually evolved beyond his presence within it or at least stationed on the left, as I think a combination of Gabi/Mari, Tierney, Saka & Martinelli down the left instead will bear much more fruit than it presently does given the way those latter three play as though they've been in the same team together since the under 11's and seem to really enjoy playing together.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Nuggets » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:35 am

A few misguided people what him as captain lol
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Angelito » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:10 am

With Ozil's departure, Bellerin is now our longest-serving player.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Santi » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:00 pm

Not for long hopefully
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:15 pm

Needs to play
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:17 pm

I'm going to be honest, I've about had it with him.

He's a proper snow flake and even though he's professional about his work, he just doesn't have that drive to get to the next level.

Look at Tierney compared to Bellerin, that's when it really stands out.

We didn't even miss him today playing Cedric.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:51 pm

Barcelona, Paris Saint-Germain and Juventus are all chasing the signature of Arsenal full-back Hector Bellerin - according to Calcio Mercato.

All three clubs have shown an interest in the 25-year-old, whose current contract at Emirates Stadium is due to expire in 2023.

A bidding war between three European powerhouses could erupt at the end of the season, with Camp Nou thought to be Bellerin's most likely next destination due to his past stint in their La Masia academy.

Sell. get lamptey.
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby KG3 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:18 pm

Soon as Tierney is back he should be dropped and Cedric play RB, even now really AMN should be playing with Cedric in the opposite flank.

Won’t happened though certain managers have their favourites, like Lampards love of Mount which eventually got him sacked lol.
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

PreviousNext

Return to World Football