Héctor Bellerín

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Héctor Bellerín (2)

Postby fredd1 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:35 pm

KingChrome wrote:We need to start Lichstiener against the big teams and play Bellerin against the crap.

Absolutely the blokes bloody useless.Doesn't even know how position himself always astray
fredd1
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby KingChrome » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:13 pm

fredd1 wrote:
KingChrome wrote:We need to start Lichstiener against the big teams and play Bellerin against the crap.

Absolutely the blokes bloody useless.Doesn't even know how position himself always astray

I think he should be played at right wing/midfield in a 4-4-2 where his defensive dutys are much smaller, another problem is he does not have the crossing ability to back up that pace either.
KingChrome
Michael Thomas

Postby fredd1 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:12 pm

Shouldn't be in the team full stop.Why play him wing back as you said he can't cross the ball so again you're being hypocritical like your Ozil post.He can't defend or cross so really he's not good enough end of story really
fredd1
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Luzh 22 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:30 am

I think his defensive game hurts us more than any positives we derive from his attacking game.
"O Striker, Striker, why are you Striker?" - Arsene Nose 12/07/16
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby KingChrome » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:41 am

Despite all of this it was part Lacazette who was at fault for Chelseas winner, he lost possession cheaply and Bellerin was out of place from the counter.

But yes his defensive work is crap, i'm not sure what hes good at other than running.
KingChrome
Michael Thomas

Postby EliteKiller » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:19 am

KingChrome wrote:Despite all of this it was part Lacazette who was at fault for Chelseas winner, he lost possession cheaply and Bellerin was out of place from the counter.

But yes his defensive work is crap, i'm not sure what hes good at other than running.

Interesting take ... 100% it was Lacca at fault for giving the ball away .... he then tracked back and found himself one-v-one defending against Hazard ... that only ends one way and indeed it did and they scored ...

A good defender would have seen the Lacca v Hazard situation developing and got out there and covered his man, a really good defender would have been all over Hazard in the first place ... it's not like we don't know he's a good player ...

Sadly our defenders just stood back and let Lacca get mugged .... Lacca? Bellerin? both to blame .... but in the end the defensive player should be able to defend sadly Bellerin just ain't very good at it ....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby KingChrome » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:37 am

I think Lichtsteiner would have just smacked him off the ball lol.
KingChrome
Michael Thomas

Postby Zenith » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:05 am

Posts removed.

Any additional insults from you two will be met with a formal warning.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby KingChrome » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:23 am

Sorry mate thats i thought things were done here judging by the 3 page neverending racism tirade going on in the Ozil thread that you guys have ignored.

It was only banter from me anyway hence the laughing faces, i think maybe some of your established members need a chat because they are setting a bad example for innocent forum noobs such as myself.
KingChrome
Michael Thomas

Postby Roycck » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:36 am

I rewatched the match, some moments in the first half going forward a big plus but his primary job is to defend. He was awful, found wanting in no mans land and easily beaten one on one.

There was a moment in the second half he went up and was literally walking back (dont know whether he needs medical attention but he was walking while chelsea is on the counter)

He was not helped by Mhki as well. Emery really needs to bench him to wake him up. His positioning sense is awful and atrocious.
Roycck
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Nuggets » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:31 am

Bellend has been shite for a long time but still seems to start, he is like Walnut all speed and fook all else.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:37 am

Full backs like Bellerin are the ones in demand. He has the speed to recover. He can improve his positioning and discipline definitely but he offers a lot going up front. Gone are the days where impotent full backs sitting back , in this era full backs have to have the ability to overlap and create opportunities.

Hate this trend of calling anyone and everyone sh*t. You cannot have 11 world class players in every position especially with the kind of budget we have. Bellerin has the potential to develop in to a proper full back. I hope Emery instills some discipline and helps work on his positioning skills but definitely not at the cost of what he offers going forward.

All our major chances were created on the flanks. Don't break something which is working. Easy to buy an impotent full back who does not cross the half way line. There are plenty out there of that type.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:24 am

I also think Bellerin did pick up a knock at the end

Was almost in tears at the end and explains why he was so hesitant to get to Hazard
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby PairyGrows » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:56 am

Bellerin is good offensively but terrible defensively.
PairyGrows
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Zenith » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:45 am

KingChrome wrote:Sorry mate thats i thought things were done here judging by the 3 page neverending racism tirade going on in the Ozil thread that you guys have ignored.

It was only banter from me anyway hence the laughing faces, i think maybe some of your established members need a chat because they are setting a bad example for innocent forum noobs such as myself.

Oh please, stop pretending like you're unfamiliar with the code of conduct on here.

The mod team knows who you are and knows all about your history having been banned multiple times for verbal abuse in the past.

'innocent noobs such as myself"

Unbelievable.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

PreviousNext

Return to World Football