Advice for fans visiting Arsenal and / or London

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Advice for fans visiting Arsenal and / or London

Postby UFGN » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:31 pm

Kola wrote:Hello I am an out of towner looking for advice on places to go on a match day. Went twice to the emirates last season and got there via arsenal tube station, to be honest I was disappointed with options for pubs being VERY limited. Am I better off using the highbury and Islington tube station and going up Holloway road? What can I expect if I do that? Also are there any other alternatives of places to go and take in a bit of the matchday atmosphere before heading to the ground? Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Go to Finsbury Park and have a few drinks in the Twelve Pins

Or from Arsenal Station, turn left and walk for about three mins. On the corner of St Thomas's Road you will find the Arsenal Supporters Club bar. Packed with gooners and reasonable prices. £1 entry
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Kola » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:42 pm

UFGN wrote:
Kola wrote:Hello I am an out of towner looking for advice on places to go on a match day. Went twice to the emirates last season and got there via arsenal tube station, to be honest I was disappointed with options for pubs being VERY limited. Am I better off using the highbury and Islington tube station and going up Holloway road? What can I expect if I do that? Also are there any other alternatives of places to go and take in a bit of the matchday atmosphere before heading to the ground? Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Go to Finsbury Park and have a few drinks in the Twelve Pins

Or from Arsenal Station, turn left and walk for about three mins. On the corner of St Thomas's Road you will find the Arsenal Supporters Club bar. Packed with gooners and reasonable prices. £1 entry

Thanks for the advice, believe I walked past the supporters club bar and wrongly thought it was a members only type of thing. :redface: Might also give the twelve pins a try for the villa game!
Kola
Liam Brady

Postby UFGN » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:53 pm

It is a members club but on matchdays non members can drink there if they pay £1 entry fee
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Kola » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:12 pm

Will have to give it a try, planning on doing 3 games this season and to be honest I think it's more interesting taking in the local surroundings than the outside of the stadium another time. Shame the inside of highbury is blocked off on match days but it makes sense for those who live there.
Kola
Liam Brady

Postby Arsenal Tone » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:38 pm

I'm a miserable bar steward and don't like fighting my way from one end of a pub to another or queuing for a pint. Did once at one of the football pubs near the ground and it took me 45mins to get a pint.

Now I get off at Holborn, go for a fry up and a pint at the wetherspoons next door and then get back on the tube to Arsenal.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:54 pm

Tony_Adams wrote:I'm a miserable bar steward and don't like fighting my way from one end of a pub to another or queuing for a pint. Did once at one of the football pubs near the ground and it took me 45mins to get a pint.

Now I get off at Holborn, go for a fry up and a pint at the wetherspoons next door and then get back on the tube to Arsenal.

The real bastard is away matches. Unless its a city you know well, you drink where you are told to by the police, and with a few honourable exceptions they are generally shitholes

UFGN

Postby Kola » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:03 am

Went to Twelve Pins before the game the other day and would also recommend, good pub queues were shorter than expected and it was fun watching United get d*cked by West Ham :cheers:
Kola
Liam Brady

Postby stevesmiff » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:12 pm

The upcoming home game vs Bournemouth is not on UK TV, just wondering if any of the pubs round the ground show it on matchday?
stevesmiff
Liam Brady

Postby UFGN » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:19 pm

stevesmiff wrote:The upcoming home game vs Bournemouth is not on UK TV, just wondering if any of the pubs round the ground show it on matchday?

Im not sure. I dont think they show home matches, only away. The Twelve Pins have screens. Ask them

UFGN

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:47 pm

I wonder if any pups will survive around any football grounds? Another trickle down impact of covid. Pub bailout in order?
He/His/Non-Menstruater/Postmenopausal/non-vaginal male. Yup all man!
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Santi » Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:59 am

Should do, loads are reopened/reopening and I know loads of gooners who went to the ones round the ground for the final. Just depends how the tv games work next season but sure fans will go support their usual pub if they can't go actually in the ground.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Royal Gooner » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:22 am

Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:I wonder if any pups will survive around any football grounds? Another trickle down impact of covid. Pub bailout in order?

The Gunners did a roaring trade on Cup Final Day. We literally drank the place dry!
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby VCC » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:34 am

Royal Gooner wrote:
Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:I wonder if any pups will survive around any football grounds? Another trickle down impact of covid. Pub bailout in order?

The Gunners did a roaring trade on Cup Final Day. We literally drank the place dry!

Would have been rude not too
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:08 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:

NIce.
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:08 pm

Piebury Corner is no more due to C19! :shock:
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk