Advice for fans visiting Arsenal and / or London

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Advice for fans visiting Arsenal and / or London

Postby EliteKiller » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:24 am

Bring a blanket ... gets a bit chilly in a half empty stadium .... but at least you should have a row to yourself to lie down on ...
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Hanserik » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:33 pm

Hello

First time poster, long time reader.

I'm thinking of visiting London from New York in early May to see the Arsenal/Man U match. I've never been to a match before in London and am excited to see this particular fixture. Given Europa League for Man U, it appears this fixture is subject to change, however my travel plans are likely going to have to be set in stone at some point. If I'm intent on seeing this particular match, what do you guys think is the best approach?

- Should I try to get tickets, wait until we know the real date, and then investigate the expense of travel? If travel is too expensive, try to resell them?

- Just wait until the date is set in stone based on Europa League advancement by Man U and then try to buy both tickets and travel?

Is there something I'm not thinking about or is there a better way of going about this?

Thanks for any help you can give.
Erik
Hanserik
Liam Brady

Postby greengoonerie » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:14 pm

Hanserik wrote:Hello

I'm thinking of visiting London from New York in early May to see the Arsenal/Man U match. I've never been to a match before in London and am excited to see this particular fixture. Given Europa League for Man U, it appears this fixture is subject to change, however my travel plans are likely going to have to be set in stone at some point. If I'm intent on seeing this particular match, what do you guys think is the best approach?

- Should I try to get tickets, wait until we know the real date, and then investigate the expense of travel? If travel is too expensive, try to resell them?

- Just wait until the date is set in stone based on Europa League advancement by Man U and then try to buy both tickets and travel?

Is there something I'm not thinking about or is there a better way of going about this?

Erik

Hello Erik and welcome.
My suggestions:

1. Travel when you want to, regardless on the game date. Arsenal in their current format are not worth the cost of travel changes.

2. If the game is on when you get here, and Arsenal continue to play as they currently are, then come to the game if you're a masochist, as United will easily beat Arsenal.

3. If you have been watching Arsenal all season (and for many seasons now) then truly, do you think your money would be well spent by coming to watch them? They're an appalling team at the moment, in an appalling state. The only thing keeping them from utter collapse is the media darlings they have in their pocket and their use of media spin to pretend all is well.

I suggest you find another game in London and go to that - it doesn't matter which game - your money will be valued more and you might actually get to watch a team of players who GIVE a fu** (sorry for the language) as opposed to an Arsenal rabble who couldn't care less for the shirt, the fans and for themselves.

Arsenal FC currently don't deserve your business or your loyalty.

greengoonerie
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:01 pm

Mate, it's special watching Arsenal if you can't always watch them. Come along and ignore Mr.Pessimist above. I'd sort out my tickets quick because they'll sell out rather quickly
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Luzh 22 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:06 pm

GoonerAlexis wrote:Mate, it's special watching Arsenal if you can't always watch them. Come along and ignore Mr.Pessimist above. I'd sort out my tickets quick because they'll sell out rather quickly

Are you serious, advising someone to travel halfway around the world, spending all that cash, to watch this? ARE YOU SERIOUS?

YOU ARE ARSENAL PLC'S DREAM FAN.
"O Striker, Striker, why are you Striker?" - Arsene Nose 12/07/16
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:08 pm

Luzh 22 wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:Mate, it's special watching Arsenal if you can't always watch them. Come along and ignore Mr.Pessimist above. I'd sort out my tickets quick because they'll sell out rather quickly

Are you serious, advising someone to travel halfway around the world, spending all that cash, to watch this? ARE YOU SERIOUS?

YOU ARE ARSENAL PLC'S DREAM FAN.

Yes, if they can't actually attend games usually and have made plans, then yes. We'll probably lose but it would still be special for the guy.

Personally would I go? Hell no.

But if someone else does want to go and see Arsenal, then they should if they get the chance. Unlike locals, he can't just choose to go to a game later when/if Wenger goes. So if he's made plans, yes, go ahead with them
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Hanserik » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:33 pm

Hey guys -

I really appreciate all the input, both optimist and pessimist alike. A little of both is healthy for any well informed decision. Not to rile any of you up anymore, but I'd really like to watch Ozil play in person which given his recent fickleness to playing and/or caring when playing, perhaps I'll wait until he's a little more committed to his supporting cast. Or maybe he'll actually be in better spirits after getting some half way decent link up play from the back on Wednesday. ;)

Thanks again and if you have any further thoughts, please do share.
Hanserik
Liam Brady

Postby greengoonerie » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:12 pm

Hanserik wrote:Hey guys -

I really appreciate all the input, both optimist and pessimist alike. A little of both is healthy for any well informed decision. Not to rile any of you up anymore, but I'd really like to watch Ozil play in person which given his recent fickleness to playing and/or caring when playing, perhaps I'll wait until he's a little more committed to his supporting cast. Or maybe he'll actually be in better spirits after getting some half way decent link up play from the back on Wednesday. ;)

Thanks again and if you have any further thoughts, please do share.

No problem.

Best of luck with the travel.

Bear in mind, that according to the article here http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... rhaul.html it may be that Ozil is sold by the time May arrives.

If it's ozil you want to see, I suggest you travel to Germany and watch him play with some teammates who care about their individual performances.

GoonerAlexis is possibly paid by Arsenal PLC to continue the myth that Arsenal are currently interested in

a. football
b. fans
c. improvement

PS Edit- I'm not a pessimist. I'm a realist. GA is an fantasist. Check the results this season to see which of us lives in the real world regarding Arsenal.
greengoonerie
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:16 pm

Mate, Arsenal PLC have better things to do than to pay a guy to try to convince one guy to part with some money for one ticket. I'd be asking people to renew their season tickets instead ;)
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby coa999 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:02 pm

Hanserik wrote:Hello

Erik

I'm not sure to be honest. Sorry not to be of good help, but then it could either be 12:30 or 5.30pm on Saturday, or Sunday afternoon. Hardly ANY game between top teams is at 15:00 on Saturdays anymore. it's been this way for years, not with the new TV deal.

This is irrespective of whether they are in the Europa League, since this will be Sky or BT Sport's showpiece fixture.

What's your membership level? if its red level, then maybe you could get a late ticket on ticket exchange. or you could contact the club to find out when it will be rescheduled. as said, I don't think them being in Europa League is the key factor here, it's the TV companies.
coa999
Liam Brady

Postby peace99 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:33 am

Hi, I plan to visit London and of course Emirate stadium in May (around 23). This would be my first time there, pardon me for asking few questions:
1) May I know is the stadium still open to visit after the last match of the season?
2) What is the current price for replica jersey?
3) Would the jersey be cheaper by then?
The problem is there is an online sale from official Arsenal website now, as a student I cant afford at full price but find the offer very attractive. However since I am going to visit the stadium, I would like to know if the Stadium would sell jersey at a lower price so that I can decide whether to buy it now or later.
Thank you =)
peace99
Liam Brady

Postby CRGooner » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:38 pm

Hi guys. Long time no read you.

I'm flying to London tomorrow :1970_two_smileys_drinking_beer_together.gif:. I am also visiting some other parts of Europe, so I couldn't fit an Arsenal match day in the itinerary, but I want to take the Stadium Tour.

This FAQ seems pretty comprehensive: https://bookings.arsenal.com/stadiumtou ... ning-hours. But I am not sure about the statements regarding suitcases and luggage. I'm guessing I can still take my backpack with no problems, but let me know if I'm wrong.

Any tips or comments regarding the tour (if you've got any) would be nice.

Thanks!

PS: I am not booking in advance, but the FAQ states there is no issue with just walking into the Armoury with no reservation. Let me know if that's not accurate, please.
CRGooner
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby UFGN » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:55 pm

I don't know about booking in advance or taking bags

My gut instinct would be not to expect to be allowed in with a big rucksack or suitcase, but that a day bag would be ok

This is common nowadays for many tourist / similar attractions in Europe. I was turned away from a cathedral in Milan because I had a suitcase

When you go to the stadium you should use ARSENAL tube station, and ignore any other advice regarding this. Arsenal Tube Station is part of the club's history and basically, you can start your tour early by using it. You will see the unique floor-to-ceiling "tidal flow" fance which keeps fans and other tube users separated on matchdays, and you'll be walking from right ouside Highbury Stadium to Emirates Stadium to start your tour.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby CRGooner » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:09 pm

Great! Thank you for the tip!

Cheers, mate.
CRGooner
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby UFGN » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:14 pm

CRGooner wrote:Great! Thank you for the tip!

Cheers, mate.

No problem

But do turn up early because although using Arsenal Tube is the best way to start your day, it does mean you'll be on the opposite side of the ground to where the Armory is.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk