Replacement Manager??!

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Replacement Manager??!

Postby KG3 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:52 pm

Not gonna lie and pretend I know anything about Bielsa, had a quick look on his wiki and 26 years of management with zero cups, don't see what you lot see in him especially at 61 years of age if he was younger then yeah but at best this would just be another Wenger.
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby lexluchor » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:02 am

KG3 wrote:Not gonna lie and pretend I know anything about Bielsa, had a quick look on his wiki and 26 years of management with zero cups, don't see what you lot see in him especially at 61 years of age if he was younger then yeah but at best this would just be another Wenger.

But is very unfair considering the teams he had till now.
Chile: penultimate and with scandals in the previous clasifications, with Bielsa, he put us second (1 point under Brasil) and make us pass to quarter finals in the world cup. The last 2 Copa America wins was because his work, Sampaoli and Pizzi didnt move a milimeter from his tactics and system.
Athletic : Finals UEFA and Copa del Rey, with the handicap that Athletic just have vasco's players.
Argentina: winner of clasifications and winner of Olympic games
Marseille: no one can demand cups when PSG was bullying everyone there, at least till now

Whatever, always will be the fans of Mourinho, Capello or others who need lots of money and years to have results, Bielsa is other thing, is a builder of systems and institutions, no team is the same after Bielsa. At least in Chile, after Bielsa no one accept players walking or complaining, everyone dies in the field and run like if is for their lives. We can loose, but the intensity and compromise are not negotiables.
lexluchor
Michael Thomas

Postby KG3 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:54 am

lexluchor wrote:
KG3 wrote:Not gonna lie and pretend I know anything about Bielsa, had a quick look on his wiki and 26 years of management with zero cups, don't see what you lot see in him especially at 61 years of age if he was younger then yeah but at best this would just be another Wenger.

But is very unfair considering the teams he had till now.
Chile: penultimate and with scandals in the previous clasifications, with Bielsa, he put us second (1 point under Brasil) and make us pass to quarter finals in the world cup. The last 2 Copa America wins was because his work, Sampaoli and Pizzi didnt move a milimeter from his tactics and system.
Athletic : Finals UEFA and Copa del Rey, with the handicap that Athletic just have vasco's players.
Argentina: winner of clasifications and winner of Olympic games
Marseille: no one can demand cups when PSG was bullying everyone there, at least till now

Whatever, always will be the fans of Mourinho, Capello or others who need lots of money and years to have results, Bielsa is other thing, is a builder of systems and institutions, no team is the same after Bielsa. At least in Chile, after Bielsa no one accept players walking or complaining, everyone dies in the field and run like if is for their lives. We can loose, but the intensity and compromise are not negotiables.

Another issue is he seems to have a knack of resigning due to conflicts and broken promises with management no doubt he'd face those at Arsenal, I'm sure Wenger faces them too but obviously it's kept quite. We need some sort of stability not someone who's going to quit without a moments notice.
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Angelito » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:42 am

Bielsa is insane. With him in charge, there are extreme possibilities - either we'll win the League, or we could also finish 8th.

Our board won't hire him simply because he has a confrontational personality. The likes of Theo, Ox, Gibbs, Ramsey, et al will piss their pants under him. While that's a positive, he also won't shy from putting his case in front of the board. And, we all know the, "ethos," of our board.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby MecurialGooner » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:45 pm

#1 Diego Simeone (who looks likely to lose Griezmann to Man Utd)
#2 Massimiliano Allegri.
#3 Jorge Sampaoli / Marcelo Bielsa
MecurialGooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby ESR10 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:46 pm

MecurialGooner wrote:#1 Diego Simeone (who looks likely to lose Griezmann to Man Utd)
#2 Massimiliano Allegri.

agreed
ESR10
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner

Postby Newman123 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:50 pm

Can we tempt Heynckes out of retirement? Dream manager for me :drools: His counterattacking football was some of the best I've seen especially against Real Madrid in the semis.
Newman123
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Gunpowder » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:42 pm

He's 71. Don't think he'll be interested

Mustafi wrote:
MecurialGooner wrote:#1 Diego Simeone (who looks likely to lose Griezmann to Man Utd)
#2 Massimiliano Allegri.

agreed

Same here
Gunpowder
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Santi » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:58 pm

Rather try Sampaoli than Allegri, only noticed recently and only for this season but his away record against good teams is weak despite having a far superior squad. Good manager but not wholly convinced tbh.

Anything's a gamble since we missed Klopp, even Pep hasn't had it easy so far so any on that list are worth a go. Tuchel and Karanka also worth a ponder.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:52 pm

Karanka needs another step up before he takes a crack at one of the big boys imo

Too defensive minded and I think that's what's gonna stop Koeman from getting a shot at a top club. Boring as f**k
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Sims » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:54 pm

Sampaoli also slowly becoming my second choice cos Alexis will stay if he comes in
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Zenith » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:03 am

Sims wrote:Sampaoli also slowly becoming my second choice cos Alexis will stay if he comes in

Would increase the likelihood of Arsenal playing a formation that uses three at the back.

He wouldn't get away with his Chile 3-3-3-1, but a variant of 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 would be highly likely.

Not against the idea, in fact I favor it looking at how Conte's Chelsea and even Spurs sat up last weekend, but it requires the right personel for it to be succesful or we'd end up like City, leaking goals left right and centre.

Bellerín is a player who would excell in a formation like this imo.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Sims » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:20 am

I think Sevilla played 4 atb against Madrid tho I can't remember
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby lexluchor » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:48 am

Zenith wrote:
Sims wrote:Sampaoli also slowly becoming my second choice cos Alexis will stay if he comes in

Would increase the likelihood of Arsenal playing a formation that uses three at the back.

He wouldn't get away with his Chile 3-3-3-1, but a variant of 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 would be highly likely.

Not against the idea, in fact I favor it looking at how Conte's Chelsea and even Spurs sat up last weekend, but it requires the right personel for it to be succesful or we'd end up like City, leaking goals left right and centre.

Bielsa, Berizzo, Sampaoli, Guardiola all them try to play very similar, with some differences...

Berizzo: still dont try in a big team, needs more left hand to deal with egos and build a team with figures.

Sampaoli: A perfect copy of Bielsa, but without the integrity of Bielsa, he run out of Chile when the President of the Football Asociation falls in the FBI hands, then Sampaoli shows his real face, lot of problems of money, and payments under the table...

Guardiola: he had a team around Iniesta, Xavi and Messi, needs a lot of money to rebuild a winner team like that, in Bayern he had the team and almost not opposition

Bielsa: before was acused of dont know how to adaptate his system, but with Chile and Athletic he change his mind and was much more flexible

I see ....
-------------- Cech --------------

-------??--------Mustafi-----Koscielny

Bellerin-----------Xhaka--------??------
------------------Ozil------------------

Wallcott------- Perez-----Alexis

With Bielsa could be an abuse...! passing in attacking position to:

------------------------ Cech --------------------

------------??--------Mustafi-----Koscielny---------

Bellerin---------Ozil-----Xhaka--------??------
Wallcott---------------------------------Alexis
------------------------ Perez-----------------------

Cazorla, Ox, Giroud, Iowi like a good bench... and not anymore with Ramsey, Monreal, Rafael, Gibbs and cople more.
lexluchor
Michael Thomas

Postby LMAO » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:35 am

Zenith wrote:

Bellerin as a RWB is wank worthy. We'd definitely need a third CB though.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk