Replacement Manager??!

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Replacement Manager??!

Postby Pudpop » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:41 pm

Would probably pick Howe over benitez tbh. Won't win anything but at least we get those 4-3s and 3-3s
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Dejan » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:50 pm

never rated benitez myself
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:53 pm

Didn't Benitez just win in Europe less than 5 years ago? Are people mad, fam? Are they mad, fam?
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:18 am

Benitez can bring in better continental talent than Eddie Howe. I think Howe is definitely destined for big things in a few years but he is nowhere near ready to take over at AFC. ot would be Moyes mk. 2. He'd pay inflated fees for Bournemouth players and bring back Wilshere, and some deluded people will think a renaissance is upon us.

Benitez is a safe pair of hands who can keep us in the CL at the very least.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Fenice » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:25 pm

Dejan wrote:never rated benitez myself

Me either.
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby KG3 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:24 pm

Allegri, Tuchel, Sampaoli, Benitez, low, Blanc, Hiddink and Van Gaal we could easily bring in most if not all of these as Wenger replacements, now I'm not saying all of them would be upgrades or that I rate all of them however I'd certainly trust them over Eddie Howe.
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby lexluchor » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:42 pm

This one...

And this one...

Are a bad copy of this other..

And the original doesnt have a team now, likes serious projects and was born to be manager in the Premier League
qualities?
Intensity, strong teams, intensity, attack football, intensity, dont need tons of euros to build a great team, intensity, compromise...
I will love see him take Arsenal to the next level, and rebuild players as Walcott, Ramsey, Wilshere, Monreal....
plus, is the favorite manager of Alexis, who understand football in his same way...
lexluchor
Michael Thomas

Postby Gunpowder » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:51 pm

There is a good reason for that. He's crazy.
Gunpowder
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby lexluchor » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:21 pm

Gunpowder wrote:There is a good reason for that. He's crazy.

In fact, is like a myth, in reality the guy is just serious and extremly professional
- He leave Chilean selection when the President of the football change, for integrity, before was a true professional and honest guy, Bielsa leave because a thief who is now in the hands of FBI, reached the power.
- He leaved Athletic Bilbao after bring them to a UEFA and Copa del Rey final, because conflicts with a company about shitty works in the instalations (but the company had political and commercial contacts with the directors of Athletic ...so), Bielsa was protecting the Club, directors was protecting their pockets.
- He leave Marseille after fight for the title with PSG for a long long time, because directors promise him sign some players (very cheap players, Medel from Inter, Isla from Cagliari, etc..), but the president had some agenda, bringing other players without ask Bielsa, And they sold half team.
- He resign to Lazio because they had a deadline to sign some numbers of players, and they didnt, so.. Bielsa understand that conditions was not right to work there.

In general, have problems with stupidity and not serious directives, in a serious team, with respect for his opinion and supporting him (Athletic Bilbao in the first part and Chile), he build an amazing style, team, and bring his players to the next level. Vidal, Sanchez, Bravo, Payet, etc..

Is a pleasure see the football of the teams of Marcelo Bielsa

lexluchor
Michael Thomas

Postby Gunpowder » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:31 pm

lexluchor wrote:

I agree with that and I actually like him. I just don't think his style is sustainable. That OM should have finished the job and won the title but Bielsa had them working too hard and they didn't have anything to give later on season.
Last edited by Gunpowder on Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gunpowder
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby lexluchor » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:35 pm

Gunpowder wrote:
lexluchor wrote:

I agree with that and I actually like him. I just don't think his style isn't sustainable. That OM should have finished the job and won the title but Bielsa had them working too hard and they didn't have anything to give later on season.

Is true, for that kind of football you need other level of compromise, if youve just Monreal's. or Ramsey's, is impossible, but with Alexis and Ozil's is what Real Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern bring every weekend.
Chilean team have overall very shitty quality.... with 2 or 3 exceptions, but Bielsa build so strong team that Sampaoli and Pizzi was able to collect the prizes with them
Isla, Medel, Jara, Vargas, etc... are players of 2-3 m euros each, but as a team? thanks Bielsa and the hungry of them, Chile is 4-5° in the world
Arsenal needs players with hungry, starving for glory, and a Manager who can take the best of them
lexluchor
Michael Thomas

Postby Pudpop » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:42 pm

I don't know much about Bielsa but I like lex's description so he's my 2nd choice now
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby lexluchor » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:58 pm

Pudpop wrote:I don't know much about Bielsa but I like lex's description so he's my 2nd choice now

) glad to hear that! I think that dont exist any reason to accept that Arsenal is not one of the biggest clubs in the world:

- Yearly revenue: similar to Bayern and City, a step back of RM and Barca, but just one step. Number 4 or 5 in the world
- Popularity: the same, just an step far from RM and Barca, similar to any other super team in the world, I read is number 4-5 too
- Support: Arsenal have permanently full capacity in the stadium, I think even more than RM and Barca
- History: Arsenal have a tradition of big team and with his own style.

Easyly we can considerer that Arsenal is in the top 5 of the world, but when is about be competitive, mediocrity is acceptable, why? why is ok be top 16 when you deserve better?

When with attitude you can bring the team to other level, to be top 5, and be in the same Universe of Bayern, RM, Barca, is a sin dont even try, and keep going with the same players who live a comfortable life of new rich. I like the attitude of Alexis, same in the national team, that is the difference between glory and mediocrity. Bielsa have the same type of blood.
lexluchor
Michael Thomas

Postby Sims » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:00 pm

think id prefer sampaoli over bielsa but a manager in his mould would be great for us
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:09 pm

Bielsa is amazing, and would be my first choice
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk