José Mourinho

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Mourinho as Future Arsenal Manager

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:29 pm

Jedi wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:I've thought about this and .............. No!

His best days are clearly behind him and he's bouncing from club to club leaving a wake of destruction because he just doesn't have that edge anymore and when things go wrong he causes chaos with fans, board and squad.

People considering him are being desperate, he was a shambles at Utd, didn't get on well at Real, failed on his 2nd stint at Chelsea.

The last time he was elite was, Porto, his 1st turn at Chelsea and at Inter where he peaked ............ that was over 10 years ago.

Forget it, this guy is practically finished, he'll come here, collect a cheque and leave us with a squad who want to jump ship.

No chance for me.

Managers like Wenger and Mourhino have been taken over by the likes of Klopp, Simeone and Pep, those other guys from that older era are all finished hence why Fergie did the classy thing and retired while Mourinho and Wenger embarrassed themselves into unemployment.

If his 2nd stint at Chelsea was a failure, i want Arsenal to fail just as bad.

He only got worse.

The Utd job was very similar situation to ours, former big club looking to bounce back and he fked that up royally.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Rockape » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:34 pm

Ach wrote:Gooney hating on our next possible manager.

I am shocked.

I’m with Gooney on this and I don’t say that very often! There are a lot people we should give a chance to.....long before we consider that poisonous c***!
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Jedi » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:37 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Jedi wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:I've thought about this and .............. No!

His best days are clearly behind him and he's bouncing from club to club leaving a wake of destruction because he just doesn't have that edge anymore and when things go wrong he causes chaos with fans, board and squad.

People considering him are being desperate, he was a shambles at Utd, didn't get on well at Real, failed on his 2nd stint at Chelsea.

The last time he was elite was, Porto, his 1st turn at Chelsea and at Inter where he peaked ............ that was over 10 years ago.

Forget it, this guy is practically finished, he'll come here, collect a cheque and leave us with a squad who want to jump ship.

No chance for me.

Managers like Wenger and Mourhino have been taken over by the likes of Klopp, Simeone and Pep, those other guys from that older era are all finished hence why Fergie did the classy thing and retired while Mourinho and Wenger embarrassed themselves into unemployment.

If his 2nd stint at Chelsea was a failure, i want Arsenal to fail just as bad.

He only got worse.

The Utd job was very similar situation to ours, former big club looking to bounce back and he fked that up royally.

Not similar at all. Utd wanted Mourinho to bring them from 6th to Champions which was impossible. He managed to win the League Cup AND the Europa League in his 1st season and then finished 2nd with 81 points the following season.

Arsenal, at the moment, just need someone who can drag them back to the Champions League spots and make them more competitive. We need CL spots desperately for the money and so we can tie Auba and Laca to new contracts.

Would you really say no to winning the Europa League, winning the League Cup, and finishing top 4 this season, and then finishing 2nd next season? Would that be a failure to you?
Last edited by Jedi on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Phil71 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:38 pm

Rockape wrote:

I am shocked.

I’m with Gooney on this and I don’t say that very often! There are a lot people we should give a chance to.....long before we consider that poisonous c***!

Yep.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Est83 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:45 pm

Would be the ultimate burn/troll/whatever to Wenger for Moureen to come in and bring trophies back to Arsenal.

Personally I think this team has the players for me to walk and change things. The team picks itself. There's a good mix of hungry talented youth and proven quality players at their peak. There's no way Maureen wouldn't immediately improve things... do I want him here though? Still no.

Why is Allegri not top of the list?

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Jedi » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:52 pm

Est83 wrote:Would be the ultimate burn/troll/whatever to Wenger for Moureen to come in and bring trophies back to Arsenal.

Personally I think this team has the players for me to walk and change things. The team picks itself. There's a good mix of hungry talented youth and proven quality players at their peak. There's no way Maureen wouldn't immediately improve things... do I want him here though? Still no.

Why is Allegri not top of the list?

never managed abroad

unproven
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Ach » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:10 pm

Rockape wrote:

I am shocked.

What better way to stick 2 fingers up at Wenger by taking the club Wenger was intent on destroying back to CL and trophies?

Has to happen
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby ag6789 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:59 pm

Back to Wenger as Director w/ Freddie to manage the team on daily basis and matchday.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Salibatelli » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:59 pm

There's a few managers out there, but I'd also take Mourinho, tactically astute, proven, yes I agree his last couple of jobs haven't gone well, but he'd certainly sort out our defence.

Some of the thing he achieved in football are incredible to be honest.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Ach » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:00 pm

ag6789 wrote:Back to Wenger as Director w/ Freddie to manage the team on daily basis and matchday.

Dear God

Why do you hate this club so much?
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Phil71 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:04 pm

ag6789 wrote:Back to Wenger as Director w/ Freddie to manage the team on daily basis and matchday.

No.

No, no, no, no, no, no, no.

No!
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby gooney » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:47 pm

Rockape wrote:

I am shocked.

Thank you. The most important thing is to get rid of emery. If you have to wait for the right man until the summer just get a care taker. It can be an older unemployed experienced manager. Mourinho is a very expensive mistake. It’s like buying ozil today based on what he did at real type of logic. There is a reason teams are not running to him
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:50 pm

Phil71 wrote:

No.

No, no, no, no, no, no, no.

No!

ag6789 should be banned for such a suggestion.

You want to put the tightest man in history as Director ........... we'll never spend more than £20m on a player ever again you fool.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby gooney » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:51 pm

Why not Eddie Howe?
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby ag6789 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:20 pm

The same man who bought Cazorla, Ozil (42 mil) and Sanchez ( 35 mil) resulting in 3 FA cups.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to World Football