Sead Kolasinac leaves by mutual consent

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Sead Kolašinac (31)

Postby thebigbangtheo » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:50 am

I think that the idea of playing him as the defensive midfielder alongside xhaka (or any of our other midfielders for that matter) providing the cover, protection, bad dog, that would allow the Swiss to be more effective and have bigger and better influence on the game, is that of a coach, one who's recognised that kolasinac possess the ability and game to switch and suit the role, providing a clever solution to the problem. I agree and think he's good enough now but in that there is still so much more of his game to come because he ain't nowhere near his peak...frightening!

The only issue I have is that there is no one capable of playing the lb/lwb position (which should just be renamed kola now) in place of him or anywhere near as good as he does, so you're kinda solving one problem by creating another, another which was initially an outstanding solution to a massive, glaring problem.
Monreal has undergone something of a renaissance since vacating the position and would probably break out in a cold sweat if told he was going back there. The good just doesn't outweigh the bad for me in that scenario I'm afraid, or at least not for now.

I would rather we go out and purchase a bonafide defensive midfielder. My shout is for William Carvalho, his game and what he brings is perfect for us. But any from the array we have been linked with throughout the years will do.

However, the left back at Burnley has caught my eye, Gudmansson I think he's called and yes the spelling is wrong. I might be more susceptible to the idea of repositioning kola with someone like him as his replacement but still I think kola is best where he is at the moment and has scope to play a number of positions, I also think he could play a bit further forward, left in a midfield 3 or 4
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby BouncySean » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:44 pm

Rightfully dropped has been appalling the last few games. However the likes of Sanchez , Xhaka and Bellerin have been as bad if not worse.
BouncySean
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:14 am

So here I thought he didn't start in the last two games because he was carrying a slight injury only to find out that he's fit and Wenger is picking Niles ahead of him :think:
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby Nuggets » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:30 am

CrimsonGunner11 wrote:So here I thought he didn't start in the last two games because he was carrying a slight injury only to find out that he's fit and Wenger is picking Niles ahead of him :think:

Yup the mind boggles :dizzy: :dizzy:
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby fredd1 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:45 pm

You drop your lb for a rm well that makes sense.Your rb has been shit for a couple of yrs but still plays.
Surely then Niles should be on instead of Bellerin and everyone's in the right positions.

Wenger needs someone to explain to him that the team functions better that way.Manager is clueless because it's not rocket science
Last edited by fredd1 on Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fredd1
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby TheTank » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:46 am

Sorry but I must ask journalist question . I m working for one of Bosnia portal's and Arsenal fans and Kola fans here are really wondering what is the reason for dropping a LB who has 4 assist and a goal and well he did not perform great on last couple of games , but he was not abysmal either to drop for a midfielder , when in same time i think we can all agree that other FB ( the side witch that midfielder would prefer )on other side was not better then him ?! I m trying to be fair to Wenger , but he is really lost the plot a long time ago. Alexis for example is not in form and he killing Kola offensive game if u care enough to notice. So can anybody give me a reasonable explanation for 2 games on bench for my analize on forum to consider. And on private side like Arsenal fan who is really really tired of hope, when the f... will we try to change Wenger spend some money and act like f***ing title challengers ?!!!
TheTank
Liam Brady

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:08 am

No reason at all. He was not at his best against United, and sort of to blame for the first goal, but Koscielny was more at fault and still playing
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby BouncySean » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:00 pm

His passing in a few recent games has been around the 60% mark, so it does seem reasonable to drop him. However Sanchez and Bellerin should also be dropped.
BouncySean
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby PairyGrows » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:31 pm

Kolasinac has been dropped because, at the moment, he's the easiest player to drop. There are others who deserve to be dropped more than him (Xhaka, Bellerin, Alexis, Koscielny, etc.), but we have no adequate replacements for any of the aforementioned players.
PairyGrows
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby ESR10 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:06 pm

PairyGrows wrote:Kolasinac has been dropped because, at the moment, he's the easiest player to drop. There are others who deserve to be dropped more than him (Xhaka, Bellerin, Alexis, Koscielny, etc.), but we have no adequate replacements for any of the aforementioned players.

We play Niles, a right-footed fullback instead of Kola, and you named Bellerin in the lists of players who deserve to be dropped more than him.

Wenger really lost it. Everything seems to be based on hate and love these days.

Keeping Walcott and Welbeck ahead of the much better Lucas Perez.

Not giving Lacazette a full chance to prove himself. Same with Kolasinac now. It's like waiting for excuses to not playing them.

Not dropping Bellerin and Xhaka, no matter how awful they are.
ESR10
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner

Postby ALLCAPS_ » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:16 am

How was he tonight? Does he deserve to be back in on Friday?
ALLCAPS_
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:00 am

Yes
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Nuggets » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:19 am

GoonerAlexandre wrote:Yes