Sead Kolasinac leaves by mutual consent

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Sead Kolasinac

Postby Gunpowder » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:25 pm

We should keep Monreal incase this doesn't work out. Gibbs is a decent backup but as a starter, his level is West Brom
Gunpowder
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Sims » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:27 pm

Nah it's time for us and Nacho to part ways man

Rapidly declining and this is the last time we might be able to get some decent bunce from Athletic
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Zedie » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:31 pm

Mesüt wrote:Left back was becoming a sneaky priority but not one we need to spend big money on right now imo, I guess Donreal will go back to Spain and Gibbs will stay in his current #2 bench seat.

Other areas need the money so this is a decent move imo, we can go big for a left back in a couple of years if this guy turns out nothing special.

Tbf, I've been thinking that Lb was a top priority for a while now and some proper steele/athleticism will go a long way to fixing our broken play style.

Monreal is fine for teams that Park the bus, but for any counter attacking team with reasonably strong wfs, he's a liability.

We defo need some proper talented mobility at DM to cover counters too, Xhaka is unfortunately slower than merts and can't hold down the defensive midfield on his own, or get back once someone has even a slight running start over him.

Giroud should go this summer to make way for a Lukaku type, plus we need a carassco type of pacey dribbling winger and I think we would be ok.

This move is prudent. My only criticism is we could have gotten him earlier if we weren't so tight.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:36 pm

Big Bosnian B@stard looks like he could eat Walcott for breakfast.

Haven’t seen the guy play before but from watching youtube videos he looks like your average, no-nonsense LB which can be a good and bad thing. On one hand, he’ll do the basics well (i.e. putting crosses into the box, providing support down the wings, not giving away possession at the back) but on the other hand he’ll look out of place when the going gets tough or when up against quality opposition (i.e. making late tackles, getting himself sent off, disrupting chemistry).

In short, a Xhaka/Mustafi level signing
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:54 pm

Pleased we're signing more physical players.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby ESR10 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:58 pm

CrimsonGunner11 wrote:Big Bosnian B@stard looks like he could eat Walcott for breakfast.

Haven’t seen the guy play before but from watching youtube videos he looks like your average, no-nonsense LB which can be a good and bad thing. On one hand, he’ll do the basics well (i.e. putting crosses into the box, providing support down the wings, not giving away possession at the back) but on the other hand he’ll look out of place when the going gets tough or when up against quality opposition (i.e. making late tackles, getting himself sent off, disrupting chemistry).

In short, a Xhaka/Mustafi level signing

I agree with that specially the part, that it's a Xhaka/Mustafi level signing and I think to get a player of this level for free is not bad business.
We could even sell both Monreal and Gibbs and buy a second left back (I know it's unlikely)
ESR10
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner

Postby Angelito » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:57 pm

Guardian is reporting it, so that's that.

We shouldn't let Monreal go. I like Gibbs even though I believe he should leave. He's English, so he'll have plenty of suitors in the Prem. Mon is still good--and can play as a CB as well.

I have no idea about this guy (Kolasinac). As a back-up, I'd rather have Monreal over Gibbs.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Santi » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:59 pm

Monreal is trash
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby ESR10 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:00 pm

Looking at this season I'd rather have Gibbs over Monreal as backup too. Monreal doesn't have the legs anymore and other won't get better
ESR10

Postby Cripps » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:05 pm

Sims wrote:
Mustafi wrote:
Massa wrote:Sky Germany: We are hearing that #Kolasinac is on his way to Arsenal.

I hope, it's true. Solid defensive option. He's better than Monreal and Gibbs imo.
Even if the news of the 200m transfer budget are true, these kind of free transfers should be very welcomed, as 6-7 new players should be brought in and the most top players will cost at least 40m plus.

absolutely

we know we cant spend as much as city/united/chelsea regardless of apparent budget, so we need to be very shrewd, and this would be a perfect type of signing

Wasn't that the whole point of Emirates stadium?
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:08 pm

No, neither of them had big money when we commissioned the new stadium build. It was Bayern we were supposed to compete with.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby MesutOzil11 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:17 pm

Monreal has done his job. He came in and gave us a few solid seasons but he's declined massively this season. It's time we moved him on.

I'm okay with Gibbs being back up for another season or two because by the sounds of it Bramall is progressing well so I think we'll be seeing a fair bit of him next season in the carling cup games ect.
MesutOzil11
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Angelito » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:17 pm

Mesüt wrote:No, neither of them had big money when we commissioned the new stadium build. It was Bayern we were supposed to compete with.

Dein saw it coming and wanted us to "follow" Chelsea's model instead of this self-sustainability model. Things didn't work out contributing to one of the reasons why he left.

The Emirates move, whilst great, has backfired, as stadium revenue today is clearly not as valuable as it was during the 90s and early 00s.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Kite33 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:45 pm

Tony_Adams wrote:Pleased we're signing more physical players.

This is the point breh people seem to forget this. This is what we need hard players also with winning mentality and this guy is like that...giroud and sanchez are like that thats all others are pussys maybe xhaka but the problem is he is so slow otherwise he would be much better.

For example wingers like zaha he destroyed monreal because Monreal is a pussy but Not kolasinac he would break zahas legs and that's what we need brah
Kite33
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Cripps » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:46 pm

Xhaka is a physical player...

Anything more need to be said?
Cripps
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to World Football