Sead Kolasinac leaves by mutual consent

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Sead Kolašinac (31)

Postby Callum » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:30 pm

It's almost if a decade of police cuts from multiple Tory governments has resulted in more crime. Who knew?!

There was a really interesting post on /r/UK earlier today about the state of policing in this country:

I serve in the Met Police. This is my experience as a Met officer. I can't speak for other forces, but I know they are similar, especially those such as Manchester and Birmingham (West Midlands Police).

Policing isn't braking, its broken. We're broken. The whole policing system from the front line to the court room is broken. People are tired, weary, fed up, under paid, under appreciated.....some have even committed suicide becasue they just can't take it anymore.

20,000 is not going to help at all. If the public really knew and actually cared about how bad it is currently to be a police officer they'd be shocked.

Say you line in North London. To the Met that compromises of Enfield and Haringey. You are supposed to have 60 officers per shift, but that was reduced to around 30 when they realised that 60 was impossible. Now 30 is what is known as minimum strength. This means that 30 is the minimum number of officers that should be working at any one shift and should be able to cope with what ever the day brings. Except its never 30, it's 18 or 19. Of if you're lucky it's 20. This is Met wide. No borough is currently functioning at its minimum strength. Not one, and its the same for detectives.

Mi Investigation was brought in to ease the burden on detectives so they could be left to deal with more serious crime. It was agreed that uniformed officers should not have to deal or take on more than 5 crimes. This doesn't sound like much and it isn't but consider they have to also answer calls, commit to aid requirements, go to court, process requests, work in custody, work in the station office (detectives don't have to do these other duties they just mostly investigate crime). However officers are routinely carrying 10 or more and its just simply not workable.

Police have had an 18 percent pay cut in the last 9 years (compared to the rate of inflation).

The government DO NOT WANT career police officers anymore. They want you to join up for 5 years and leave. They don't want to pay the pensions and they don't want people staying long enough to get to top rate. The teaching of officers will be set to a national standard which isn't a bad thing and means that you will get a transferable qualification outside of policing but it is severely reduced and has been adjusted so much that its simply a case of getting as many through the door as possible with below par instruction.

The attrition rate is awful with only 4 in 10 officers staying after their 2 year probation. With detectives it's even worse.

Honestly I could go on and on about how Sir Tom Winsor and Teresa May and the Conservative government have slowly crushed the life out of policing.

Apologies for poor formatting, I'm walking to my police station now and wondering if I shouldn't just turn around and go home.

https://www.reddit.com/r/unitedkingdom/ ... k_more_if/

Glad I live in a different city now, to be honest. Toronto has its problems but it's very safe for such a large city.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby north bank gooner » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:05 pm

Callum wrote:It's almost if a decade of police cuts from multiple Tory governments has resulted in more crime. Who knew?!

There was a really interesting post on /r/UK earlier today about the state of policing in this country:

I serve in the Met Police. This is my experience as a Met officer. I can't speak for other forces, but I know they are similar, especially those such as Manchester and Birmingham (West Midlands Police).

Policing isn't braking, its broken. We're broken. The whole policing system from the front line to the court room is broken. People are tired, weary, fed up, under paid, under appreciated.....some have even committed suicide becasue they just can't take it anymore.

20,000 is not going to help at all. If the public really knew and actually cared about how bad it is currently to be a police officer they'd be shocked.

Say you line in North London. To the Met that compromises of Enfield and Haringey. You are supposed to have 60 officers per shift, but that was reduced to around 30 when they realised that 60 was impossible. Now 30 is what is known as minimum strength. This means that 30 is the minimum number of officers that should be working at any one shift and should be able to cope with what ever the day brings. Except its never 30, it's 18 or 19. Of if you're lucky it's 20. This is Met wide. No borough is currently functioning at its minimum strength. Not one, and its the same for detectives.

Mi Investigation was brought in to ease the burden on detectives so they could be left to deal with more serious crime. It was agreed that uniformed officers should not have to deal or take on more than 5 crimes. This doesn't sound like much and it isn't but consider they have to also answer calls, commit to aid requirements, go to court, process requests, work in custody, work in the station office (detectives don't have to do these other duties they just mostly investigate crime). However officers are routinely carrying 10 or more and its just simply not workable.

Police have had an 18 percent pay cut in the last 9 years (compared to the rate of inflation).

The government DO NOT WANT career police officers anymore. They want you to join up for 5 years and leave. They don't want to pay the pensions and they don't want people staying long enough to get to top rate. The teaching of officers will be set to a national standard which isn't a bad thing and means that you will get a transferable qualification outside of policing but it is severely reduced and has been adjusted so much that its simply a case of getting as many through the door as possible with below par instruction.

The attrition rate is awful with only 4 in 10 officers staying after their 2 year probation. With detectives it's even worse.

Honestly I could go on and on about how Sir Tom Winsor and Teresa May and the Conservative government have slowly crushed the life out of policing.

Apologies for poor formatting, I'm walking to my police station now and wondering if I shouldn't just turn around and go home.

https://www.reddit.com/r/unitedkingdom/ ... k_more_if/

Glad I live in a different city now, to be honest. Toronto has its problems but it's very safe for such a large city.

https://www.mtlblog.com/news/canada/in- ... mb-threats

Yeah Toronto is a safe city if you don’t look outside your front window. I remember a mass shooting from last year. The only place I have been mugged in my life is Madrid when I had my wallet lifted out of my pocket very skillfully by a thief.

It pisses me off when people say London is a no go city, and I am genuinely sorry that the Police have been treated so bad by the Conservative government. 20,000 extra police is a start even if its not enough, its better than nothing.

London is a great city, with so much going for it. Not forgetting its the home of the mighty Arsenal, you do wonder if people have such pre conceived ideas about London being a shithole, have they even seen a home game.
Arsenal fans who hate other clubs more than Tottenham? Really!!
north bank gooner
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby north bank gooner » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:06 pm

Dejan wrote:London sucks

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk

Are you sure you’re a gooner?

Or just an overseas troll.
Arsenal fans who hate other clubs more than Tottenham? Really!!
north bank gooner
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Losmeister » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:11 pm

back to Sead being a dont phukk with me knida guy... its his thread aftre all....
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Phil71 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:20 pm

Has anyone mentioned the fact that Özil hid in the car with the women while Kolasinac got out to tackle the robbers?
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Sims » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:22 pm

Phil71 wrote:Has anyone mentioned the fact that Özil hid in the car with the women while Kolasinac got out to tackle the robbers?

Seems better than Ozil going out and one of the other moped gangs that we’re chasing them taking the car and kidnapping the wives doesn’t it?
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Zenith » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:23 pm

What people fail to mention is that Sead was, aside from Mesut, and first and foremost, protecting his own spouse.

It's not unlikely that he actually told Mesut to make his way to the restaurant ASAP and that he will try to get there himself - which they all ended up doing.

Edit: Sims beat me to it by a few seconds.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Zedie » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:24 pm

Sims wrote:
Phil71 wrote:Has anyone mentioned the fact that Özil hid in the car with the women while Kolasinac got out to tackle the robbers?

Seems better than Ozil going out and one of the other moped gangs that we’re chasing them taking the car and kidnapping the wives doesn’t it?

Innit. Mans in the driving seat. Get the women to safety. That or jump out and get stabbed because hes not naturally a fighter.

90% of the people giving him stick would have shit themselves immediately.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:24 pm

Zedie wrote:
Sims wrote:

Innit. Mans in the driving seat. Get the women to safety. That or jump out and get stabbed because hes not naturally a fighter.

90% of the people giving him stick would have shit themselves immediately.

Absolute thick c**** on here mate that’s why
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby thebigbangtheo » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:25 pm

It's a crying shame our cuddly teddy bear Bosnian didn't get chance to get hold of the machete himself, and show the guy exactly why his nickname is the Impaler.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:26 pm

Make him captain immediately.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby UFGN » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:29 pm

Imagine if that has been Adams and Keown.

My god

Two murders then down the pub before training
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Zenith » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:33 pm

UFGN wrote:Imagine if that has been Adams and Keown.

My god

Their butchered corpses would be left hanging from the Westminster Bridge for all to see. Mexican drug cartel style.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Nuggets » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:39 am

Losmeister wrote:back to Sead being a dont phukk with me knida guy... its his thread aftre all....

True, not lets hate London, the guy is a beast an enforcer. :arse fan:
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Nuggets » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:45 am

UFGN wrote:Imagine if that has been Adams and Keown.

My god

Or Lauren......
Nuggets

PreviousNext

Return to World Football