Mohamed Elneny (25)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Mohamed Elneny (25)

Postby Ach » Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:07 pm

Arsenal midfielder Mohamed Elneny's proposed move to Besiktas has broken down due to the 29-year-old Egypt midfielder's wage demands. Elneny, who spent the 2019-20 season loan at Besiktas, also saw a switch to Galatasaray fall through for the same reasons. (talkSPORT)

Giving ridiculous contracts to our players coming back to bite us
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:19 am

Ach wrote:
Arsenal midfielder Mohamed Elneny's proposed move to Besiktas has broken down due to the 29-year-old Egypt midfielder's wage demands. Elneny, who spent the 2019-20 season loan at Besiktas, also saw a switch to Galatasaray fall through for the same reasons. (talkSPORT)

Giving ridiculous contracts to our players coming back to bite us

Not in this case Elneny is only on £52k per week.

That's the same as AMN and Callum Chambers, the issue is Besiktas want to offer him less money because Turkish clubs are tight and he understandably doesn't want a wage decrease.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:50 am

Take a look at the Turkish Lira exchange rate sometime. Player contracts are usually in EUR for this reason, which makes it more expensive for clubs to pay as their non UEFA revenue is all in local currency.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Arsenal Tone » Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:08 am

Am I right in thinking he's injured? If so, what will our midfield look like if Partey isn't ready
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:43 am

Arsenal Tone wrote:Am I right in thinking he's injured? If so, what will our midfield look like if Partey isn't ready

I think I read that the Egypt manager said it's nothing to worry about.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Arsenal Tone » Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:54 am

Cool
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:19 am

Arsenal Tone wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Phil71 wrote:They should both be shown the door.

I really cannot understand what people see in Elneny. He's 2nd rate at best.

Xhaka will lose you more points than Elneny will. Elneny is basic but can do a job keeping the ball, nothing flashy, he is a moderately good defender, rarely gives the ball away, rarely dispossessed, a basic footballer, reliable.

Xhaka will get sent off, give away dumb free kicks, lost the ball by being slow and is very little help defensively.

Its not about seeing anything in Elneny, its that Xhaka is just that bad for us, Elneny has a better level.

In the land of the blind a one eyed man is king.

The has rebounded straight back on you, because apart from you I don't know anyone who thinks Xhaka is a better CM than Elneny.

Me, I do.

Well both of you need to stay off the drugs!
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:21 am

Santi wrote:You don't have to be good to be better than Xhaka either. Mo is far superior to that Albanian c***, it's not even close.

Dude, I just don't understand how anyone can think Xhaka is better than Elneny. Elneny's only real critisism is he is basic, but at least he keeps the ball and can defend. Xhaka is dreadful.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:37 am

theHotHead wrote:
Santi wrote:You don't have to be good to be better than Xhaka either. Mo is far superior to that Albanian c***, it's not even close.

Dude, I just don't understand how anyone can think Xhaka is better than Elneny. Elneny's only real critisism is he is basic, but at least he keeps the ball and can defend. Xhaka is dreadful.

Nobody has said he is good. Neither of them are any good.

Saying he's better than Elneny is like saying David Attenborough can run the 100m faster than the Queen.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby thebigbangtheo » Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:57 pm

Phil71 wrote:
theHotHead wrote:

Saying he's better than Elneny is like saying David Attenborough can run the 100m faster than the Queen.

Now that is some funny shit Phil71, and conjures up one hell of an image! Ribs well and truly tickled :lol:
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby theHotHead » Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:22 pm

Phil71 wrote:
theHotHead wrote:

LOL !!

No its not, because Elneny has more useful qualities than Xhaka.

Lets put it this way, if your life relied on Xhaka/Elneny slowing down a counter attack, which one would you prefer to rely on ? Elneny for me all day every day. Same can be said for your life depending on one of the 2 players not being caught in posession, or giving away stupid free kicks.

The only scenario I would entrust my life to Xhaka over Elneny would be long range shooting.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:37 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
theHotHead wrote:

LOL !!

No its not, because Elneny has more useful qualities than Xhaka.

Lets put it this way, if your life relied on Xhaka/Elneny slowing down a counter attack, which one would you prefer to rely on ? Elneny for me all day every day. Same can be said for your life depending on one of the 2 players not being caught in posession, or giving away stupid free kicks.

The only scenario I would entrust my life to Xhaka over Elneny would be long range shooting.

I wouldn't like to rely on either of them for anything. I wish neither of them played a game for Arsenal ever again.

Playing either of them is like pushing your kids pram into the middle of the road and hoping nothing hits it. They're both second rate at best and a f***ing disaster waiting to happen.

But... in my opinion, Xhaka slightly less so.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Ach » Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:49 pm

Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Power n Glory » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:44 pm

We rejected the offer apparently. I guess we have plans to use him this season.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby theHotHead » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:27 pm

Elneny AND Xhaka in the same active squad. No ambition whatsoever this management.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk