Mohamed Elneny (25)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Mohamed Elneny (25)

Postby Dejan » Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:20 am

disrespect? Nah. We just know an average player when we see one.
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:48 am

Ach wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Ach wrote:Thiago is shit

No coincidence Liverpool's game has completely fallen apart with him in the team.

Are you for real ??? I know you come out with outlandish comments sometimes for shits and giggles but I have a feeling that's not the case in this instance. How can a player that bossed the Barca Midfield and the Bayern midfield be shit ? If you are saying he hasn't been great so far for Liverpool I wouldn't even agree with that, he has been the same old same old, Liverpool have been somewhat ineffective this season, that's not Thiago's fault though.

0 assists last season

In that Bayern team

Says it all

I'm not a fan of pretty passers with no end product.

Sideway pass masters like him are laughable.

I've been saying he's shit for years tbf. Nothing he's done since and I include last year and the shocker he's having at Liverpool has changed my mind.

And yet he could've walked into any top team of his choice when he left Bayern. He is the glue of the team, if you can't see it well, we obviously see/appreciate different things. And if you call him a sideways pass master that absolutely tells me you don't watch him play.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:52 am

Ach wrote:0 assists last season

In that Bayern team

Says it all

I'm not a fan of pretty passers with no end product.

Sideway pass masters like him are laughable.

I've been saying he's shit for years tbf. Nothing he's done since and I include last year and the shocker he's having at Liverpool has changed my mind.

Sideways passing you say ??

https://talksport.com/football/741244/thiago-stats-rumours-transfer-liverpool-bayern-munich-georgino-wijnaldum-trent-alexander-arnold-jurgen-klopp/

https://twitter.com/statmandave/status/1257731791126851587?lang=en
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:54 am

Angelito wrote:Would like to see a midfield trio of Ceballos - Partey - ESR tbh.

I called this a while back, but for Ozil. With him now gone the dream midfield is like you say.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:36 am

Dejan wrote:disrespect? Nah. We just know an average player when we see one.

Maybe I have a higher tolerance for the definition of average.

On a scale of world class, good, average, bad, atrocious, I’d class Ceballos as better than average
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby Power n Glory » Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:04 am

CrimsonGunner11 wrote:

On a scale of world class, good, average, bad, atrocious, I’d class Ceballos as better than average

Sams but I would describe his performances as average. I dont think he's a bad player at all. Hits a few dodgy passes wide off the mark from time to time but no real major issues with his game outside of him not imposing himself more and being more attack minded. Or at least sparking attacks and playing like a deep laying playmaker. Maybe playing with Partey will help spark some life into his game but with the arrival of Odegaard game time maybe limited.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:52 am

Power n Glory wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:

Sams but I would describe his performances as average. I dont think he's a bad player at all. Hits a few dodgy passes wide off the mark from time to time but no real major issues with his game outside of him not imposing himself more and being more attack minded. Or at least sparking attacks and playing like a deep laying playmaker. Maybe playing with Partey will help spark some life into his game but with the arrival of Odegaard game time maybe limited.

There are many key things you mentioned in your post.

“I would describe his performances as average. I dont think he's a bad player at all”

“no real major issues with his game outside of him not imposing himself more and being more attack minded”

“Maybe playing with Partey will help spark some life into his game”

All this points to a managerial issue as opposed to a player issue IMO. As for Odegaard coming in, I think both can play together without too much problems and if that doesn’t happen then again we’re adding another reason to the managerial column as opposed to the player column.
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli

CrimsonGunner11

Postby Santi » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:37 pm

KG3 wrote:
Santi wrote:
KG3 wrote:
Santi wrote:Ceballos better than Thiago :rofll:

Not yet but he has the ability to be

Don’t see it at all, he’s had a few good games but doesn’t seem to really excel at anything in particular.

If you can’t see what he excels at then it’s not my fault you don’t understand football, you’re deffo one of them people that thought Busquets and Carrick were average players who didn’t excel at anything.

At the same age Thiago was in his second season at Bayern still having injury problems and no on considered him as one of the worlds best at time.

You're deffo one of them people who makes wrong statements in attempt to justify their love for a certain player. You have your favourites and that's fine but doesn't make Ceballos a future world class player (which he'd have to be to be better than Thiago).

He's a decent player who has some moments where you can see his vision but otherwise excels at nothing as I said. Maybe he'll improve to a good CM over time but would be surprised if he reaches Thiago levels.

FYI thought Busquets was great, thought Carrick was boring and average...and a spud.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:44 pm

CrimsonGunner11 wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:

“I would describe his performances as average. I dont think he's a bad player at all”

“no real major issues with his game outside of him not imposing himself more and being more attack minded”

All this points to a managerial issue as opposed to a player issue IMO. As for Odegaard coming in, I think both can play together without too much problems and if that doesn’t happen then again we’re adding another reason to the managerial column as opposed to the player column.

It's Arteta's fault to some degree but not totally. We've watched Partey play the same position and next to the same players Ceballos will often play with but Partey has found ways to be influential in a short space of time and less appearances. That's with Elneny and Xhaka.

I understand that we won't necessarily see players bomb forward if Arteta instructs his two CM's in the double pivot to sit deep, cover space and to be more defensive/cautious. But from what I've seen of Partey in a short space, that hasn't stopped him from doing the sort of things I've expected from Ceballos. That assist to Aubameyang is a key example. Gets the ball under control quickly and gets it forward to set up Auba.

I'm not expecting an assist everytime but I'm just happy seeing Partey at least punch the ball forward to our attackers and not just play it back to a CB or fullback as we often see from our CM's including Ceballos.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby theHotHead » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:36 pm

CrimsonGunner11 wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:

I literally could not make this post any more spot on :clap:
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:28 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:

It's Arteta's fault to some degree but not totally. We've watched Partey play the same position and next to the same players Ceballos will often play with but Partey has found ways to be influential in a short space of time and less appearances. That's with Elneny and Xhaka.

I understand that we won't necessarily see players bomb forward if Arteta instructs his two CM's in the double pivot to sit deep, cover space and to be more defensive/cautious. But from what I've seen of Partey in a short space, that hasn't stopped him from doing the sort of things I've expected from Ceballos. That assist to Aubameyang is a key example. Gets the ball under control quickly and gets it forward to set up Auba.

I'm not expecting an assist everytime but I'm just happy seeing Partey at least punch the ball forward to our attackers and not just play it back to a CB or fullback as we often see from our CM's including Ceballos.

Go to the “Vision & Passing” segment of the video @ 4:24. He’s capable. If Partey has found a way to be more influential, then that says more of Partey than it does Ceballos to me. It tells me that Partey has a higher football IQ and is closer to a world class player than Ceballos is
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli

CrimsonGunner11

Postby Power n Glory » Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:58 pm

CrimsonGunner11 wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:

Go to the “Vision & Passing” segment of the video @ 4:24. He’s capable. If Partey has found a way to be more influential, then that says more of Partey than it does Ceballos to me. It tells me that Partey has a higher football IQ and is closer to a world class player than Ceballos is

I know he's capable of those passes and the fact that we don't see it enough is why I'm disappointed with him. Partey is definitely closer to a world class talent, a higher football IQ and why I can't pin everything on Arteta for Ceballos not having a bigger influence in games. It's part of the story but not all of it. Hopefully, Ceballos comes to life more with Partey in the side but since he's a loan player I'm not fussed about his development if he's not staying for the long term. We're better off developing our own.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:12 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:

I know he's capable of those passes and the fact that we don't see it enough is why I'm disappointed with him. Partey is definitely closer to a world class talent, a higher football IQ and why I can't pin everything on Arteta for Ceballos not having a bigger influence in games. It's part of the story but not all of it. Hopefully, Ceballos comes to life more with Partey in the side but since he's a loan player I'm not fussed about his development if he's not staying for the long term. We're better off developing our own.

Agreed
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli

CrimsonGunner11

Postby Power n Glory » Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:19 pm

CrimsonGunner11 wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:

Agreed

:1970_two_smileys_drinking_beer_together.gif:
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Zenith » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:00 pm

Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

PreviousNext