Mohamed Elneny (25)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Mohamed Elneny (25)

Postby KG3 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:48 pm

Ceballos is disrespected on this forum too much, not his fault we have a bad team and Arteta plays him with the wrong midfielders/setup, last time he started against West Brom he ran the show and we scored four goals away from home.

One day he’s going to be world class, he’s got the ability to become one of the best in his position even better than Thiago.

Bookmark this post and remember KG3 told you so, a few years from now you’ll be complaining about how we didn’t sign him.
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Santi » Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:15 pm

Ceballos better than Thiago :rofll:
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:22 pm

Thiago is shit

No coincidence Liverpool's game has completely fallen apart with him in the team.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Power n Glory » Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:24 pm

KG3 wrote:Ceballos is disrespected on this forum too much, not his fault we have a bad team and Arteta plays him with the wrong midfielders/setup, last time he started against West Brom he ran the show and we scored four goals away from home.

One day he’s going to be world class, he’s got the ability to become one of the best in his position even better than Thiago.

Bookmark this post and remember KG3 told you so, a few years from now you’ll be complaining about how we didn’t sign him.

I doesn't matter if he's World Class later in his career when he's with Real Madrid. He's not world class now and has failed to show the sort of initiative ESR and Partey have shown despite having to play in the seam team and set up. If this wasn't a loan move I'd have more time for him but he's not our player so what's the point in going all out to defend him or argue to build around him?
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby theHotHead » Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:38 pm

Ach wrote:Thiago is shit

No coincidence Liverpool's game has completely fallen apart with him in the team.

Are you for real ??? I know you come out with outlandish comments sometimes for shits and giggles but I have a feeling that's not the case in this instance. How can a player that bossed the Barca Midfield and the Bayern midfield be shit ? If you are saying he hasn't been great so far for Liverpool I wouldn't even agree with that, he has been the same old same old, Liverpool have been somewhat ineffective this season, that's not Thiago's fault though.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:41 pm

KG3 wrote:Ceballos is disrespected on this forum too much, not his fault we have a bad team and Arteta plays him with the wrong midfielders/setup, last time he started against West Brom he ran the show and we scored four goals away from home.

I agree with the premise of your post, Ceballos is better than many give him credit to be, but to be fair to everyone, based on what we have seen, he has been nothing special at all. I think he has the potential to be very good, we have seen glimpses, I want to see him alongside Partey.

No way on Earth he will be as good as Thiago let alone better than him.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:08 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Ach wrote:Thiago is shit

Are you for real ??? I know you come out with outlandish comments sometimes for shits and giggles but I have a feeling that's not the case in this instance. How can a player that bossed the Barca Midfield and the Bayern midfield be shit ? If you are saying he hasn't been great so far for Liverpool I wouldn't even agree with that, he has been the same old same old, Liverpool have been somewhat ineffective this season, that's not Thiago's fault though.

0 assists last season

In that Bayern team

Says it all

I'm not a fan of pretty passers with no end product.

Sideway pass masters like him are laughable.

I've been saying he's shit for years tbf. Nothing he's done since and I include last year and the shocker he's having at Liverpool has changed my mind.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Power n Glory » Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:09 pm

Ceballos has the technical skills and ability but we just don't see him play to his potential. The disappointment with his loan spell comes from the fact that unlike the others, he's capable of so much more.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:23 pm

Power n Glory wrote:Ceballos has the technical skills and ability but we just don't see him play to his potential. The disappointment with his loan spell comes from the fact that unlike the others, he's capable of so much more.

I don't know if he is. He seems one of the most motivated players (check out his celebrations when we score), but his output is average for somebody coming from Real, with the reputation he had.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby KG3 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:02 pm

Santi wrote:Ceballos better than Thiago :rofll:

Not yet but he has the ability to be
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Santi » Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:02 am

KG3 wrote:

Don’t see it at all, he’s had a few good games but doesn’t seem to really excel at anything in particular.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby mrblonde » Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:19 am

[/quote]Here's the place to research. I was surprised too.

http://thearsenalhistory.com/stat/aftlu.htm[/quote]

Someone - or several someones - has put a lot of work into that. Very impressive.
mrblonde
Michael Thomas

Postby Angelito » Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:31 am

Would like to see a midfield trio of Ceballos - Partey - ESR tbh.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby KG3 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:03 am

Santi wrote:
KG3 wrote:

Don’t see it at all, he’s had a few good games but doesn’t seem to really excel at anything in particular.

If you can’t see what he excels at then it’s not my fault you don’t understand football, you’re deffo one of them people that thought Busquets and Carrick were average players who didn’t excel at anything.

At the same age Thiago was in his second season at Bayern still having injury problems and no on considered him as one of the worlds best at time.
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:13 am

I agree with KG3 on the point that Ceballos seems to be disrespected. You only need to read my posts about him to see what I think about him.

Also see sig. I’ve fancied him as important first team player since we signed him
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk