Mohamed Elneny (25)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Mohamed Elneny (25)

Postby Rockape » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:14 am

Bit unfair on Mo there Phil. He’s defo not an accident waiting to happen, like Xhaka. He’s obviously quite limited, but is tidy and doesn’t take stoopid risks.

He’s a player you can bring on when we’re winning and want to rest players, in the knowledge that he will not do anything stupid.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby theHotHead » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:16 am

Rockape wrote:Bit unfair on Mo there Phil. He’s defo not an accident waiting to happen, like Xhaka. He’s obviously quite limited, but is tidy and doesn’t take stoopid risks.

He’s a player you can bring on when we’re winning and want to rest players, in the knowledge that he will not do anything stupid.

How Phil can't see this suggests he watches footie from behind the sofa and doesn't actually look at the game itself
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:15 am

theHotHead wrote:
Rockape wrote:Bit unfair on Mo there Phil. He’s defo not an accident waiting to happen, like Xhaka. He’s obviously quite limited, but is tidy and doesn’t take stoopid risks.

How Phil can't see this suggests he watches footie from behind the sofa and doesn't actually look at the game itself

If you think he's good then I don't know what to say.

He's never been good enough for Arsenal and we should replace him and that other clown as soon as possible.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Salibatelli » Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:21 am

Would rather keep Elneny than Xhaka, very limited yes, but works hard and isn’t prone to a stupid mistake.

We should have sold Xhaka when we had the chance, if keeping Elneny means Xhaka not playing I’m all for it.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby theHotHead » Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:35 am

Phil71 wrote:
theHotHead wrote:

He's never been good enough for Arsenal and we should replace him and that other clown as soon as possible.

I agree he has never been Arsenal quality and should never have signed for us in the first place. But its your point that Xhaka os marginally better than Elneny and I just don't see how. Xhaka is a liability, Elneny isnt.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:58 am

Phil71 wrote:
theHotHead wrote:

1) He is actually good at being a CDM, a CM as whole? as Rockape said, limited but tidy.

2) You keep judging him as a starting player, he is a reserve / substitute and at that he's perfectly acceptable for what he costs and offers the team ........ the issue with Xhaka is he's a starting player and no better all round, that's the issue that needed addressing, not Elneny.

Xhaka is keeping someone like Bissouma from being bought to play as 1st choice CM......... Elneny isn't.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Salibatelli » Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:09 pm

Spot on DG, Xhaka has been a regular for 6 years, making mistake after mistake, getting sent off, and insulting the fans and getting away with it.

If we’d sold him someone else would have come in and taken his spot, when I thought he was leaving I couldn’t believe it and somehow we managed to screw up our golden opportunity to get rid of him.

Now we’ve got a guy who is going to be playing week in week out, costing us points and doing next to nothing productive.

As you said Elneny is a backup, that’s all he’ll ever be, he’s nothing special but works hard and doesn’t make many mistakes, in my book he’s better than Xhaka anyway but it’s not like for like as he’s not a regular.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Rockape » Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:12 pm

2) You keep judging him as a starting player, he is a reserve / substitute and at that he's perfectly acceptable for what he costs and offers the team ........ the issue with Xhaka is he's a starting player and no better all round, that's the issue that needed addressing, not Elneny.

Indeed!

I wouldn't even want Xhaka playing the role that Mo does, as if he came on to shore up the defence late in the game.....you'd be hiding behind the sofa until the final whistle!
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Phil71 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:36 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
theHotHead wrote:

1) He is actually good at being a CDM, a CM as whole? as Rockape said, limited but tidy.

Xhaka is keeping someone like Bissouma from being bought to play as 1st choice CM......... Elneny isn't.

He's no good at defending at all. At set pieces he rarely has a clue what's going on, and throws his body around like an epileptic.

I'm not judging him as a starting player. I'm judging him as an Arsenal player. And in my opinion he should be nowhere near the club.

And I've said Xhaka is crap and should be sold, so not sure what your point is there.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby 22-0 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:40 pm

watching xhaka wear the captain armband makes me not wanna support the club.
22-0
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:51 pm

Phil71 wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
theHotHead wrote:

He's no good at defending at all. At set pieces he rarely has a clue what's going on, and throws his body around like an epileptic.

I'm not judging him as a starting player. I'm judging him as an Arsenal player. And in my opinion he should be nowhere near the club.

And I've said Xhaka is crap and should be sold, so not sure what your point is there.

The point is we need a squad.

Why would we waste transfer money to replace a back up player who's adequate for a back up player?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:56 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
theHotHead wrote:

The point is we need a squad.

Why would we waste transfer money to replace a back up player who's adequate for a back up player?

I don't want our squad players to be adequate. I want them to be good.

Replacing him definitely wouldn't be wasting money.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Santi » Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:05 pm

Don't know if anyone told you big philly, the transfer window is closed.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:11 pm

Santi wrote:Don't know if anyone told you big philly, the transfer window is closed.

Is it?

Damn
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:04 pm

Much ado about nothing methinks.

He's been in talks with 3 clubs, no deal. I think he will get minutes this season anyway since Partey is usually unavailable for long stretches of time.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk