Mohamed Elneny (25)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Mohamed Elneny (35)

Postby ALLCAPS_ » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:47 pm

You're telling me someone is willing to pay 10 mil for him? Grab it and plz plz reinvest it into someone who offers something to the game.
ALLCAPS_
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:33 pm

his offensive abilities are quality. really good today imo
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:34 pm

GoonerAlexis wrote:
What I like about Elneny is that he has no overall weakness. He's the perfect average player to have. His positioning is good enough, he works his socks off, doesn't collect stupid cards, can pass the ball, can defend, can attack.

Still maintain this. He's the only one we have with no significant weakness.
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby MesutOzil11 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:37 pm

GoonerAlexis wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:
What I like about Elneny is that he has no overall weakness. He's the perfect average player to have. His positioning is good enough, he works his socks off, doesn't collect stupid cards, can pass the ball, can defend, can attack.

Yup!

He reminds me of Kante but he's not as nippy.

Very good player to have. I hope we don't sell him to Galatasary!
MesutOzil11
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby gooney » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:38 pm

GoonerAlexis wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:

he is far from average. His shyness and physical strength is weakness. By physical strength I mean again he doesnt fully believe in himself. I have seen less talented players than him do well because of self belief. People will not like this....but Ray Parlour is perfect example or even Gilberto. No way are these players more talented than El nenny despite what they achieved. But they maximised their talent and they fully believed in themselves. In El nenny really believes in himself and physically commits. He will be a starter
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Nuggets » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:40 pm

He does what is needed, I hope we keep him we have enough deadwood we can get rid of.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby dc16 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:45 pm

I like him. He's tidy in possession, keeps the ball moving and keeps it simple by wining back posession and passing it on to our creative players.
dc16
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:49 pm

gooney wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:

he is far from average. His shyness and physical strength is weakness. By physical strength I mean again he doesnt fully believe in himself. I have seen less talented players than him do well because of self belief. People will not like this....but Ray Parlour is perfect example or even Gilberto. No way are these players more talented than El nenny despite what they achieved. But they maximised their talent and they fully believed in themselves. In El nenny really believes in himself and physically commits. He will be a starter

Yes, he really lacks ambition in his passes. I won't call it a weakness. The others weakness directly concede goals, his only means we're less creative. Until he fixes it though, I think he'll stay average, but if he does showing more ambition, he'll be much better than our supposed world class midfielder in Ramsey
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby gooney » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:58 pm

GoonerAlexis wrote:
gooney wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:

Yes, he really lacks ambition in his passes. I won't call it a weakness. The others weakness directly concede goals, his only means we're less creative. Until he fixes it though, I think he'll stay average, but if he does showing more ambition, he'll be much better than our supposed world class midfielder in Ramsey

yeah its mentality issue......he needs to become braver and a good manager would bring it out of him. Demand more and tell him you are important...believe in yourself. He is overall the most balanced complete midfielder we have and his ability to move the ball quick, always be available is big strength. People like to talk about how superior coquelin is defensively. But people never mentions the ability to defend with the ball is even more important. By constantly being available we keep the ball more with him than with coq and giving the ball far less away than coq also makes us stronger defensively. With coq everything is reactionary
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:18 pm

Gs1981 wrote:would you rather keep Elneny or sell and buy Seri? because we wouldn't have room for both, we need Le Coq as a Ball Winner type.

I would sell Coquelin. Or the Wheelchair.
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:25 pm

The only player Coquelin can play next to is cazorla. He's the easiest option to get rid of stylistically
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby ESR10 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:30 pm

Sims wrote:The only player Coquelin can play next to is cazorla. He's the easiest option to get rid of stylistically

Still the best mobile tackler we have. We should get rid of him, but then we need to buy a technically better ball winning midfielder
ESR10
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:30 pm

Mustafi wrote:
Sims wrote:The only player Coquelin can play next to is cazorla. He's the easiest option to get rid of stylistically

Still the best mobile tackler we have. We should get rid of him, but then we need to buy a technically better ball winning midfielder

Wilshere is the easiest deadwood. No offence, but he's never fit.....
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:31 pm

Mustafi wrote:

if we keep this formation then its a type of player we dont need. although id only think of getting rid as long as we buy someone else who is nimble. for all his flaws coq is mobile and has quick feet, as long as his midfield partner is never more than 5 yards away from him
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby ESR10 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:41 pm

GoonerAlexis wrote:
Mustafi wrote:

Wilshere is the easiest deadwood. No offence, but he's never fit.....

Wenger seems to be done with him too. Just no buyers. Selling him for 7-8m isn't worth it. He will probably stay with us for another season.
ESR10

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk