Super Jacky Wilshere

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Jack Wilshere (10)

Postby Cripps » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:25 pm

Looked very good for 25 mins. Then came the usual.

Squad player, nothing more. Bring him in for 25 mins and hope he does the same as he did for the first 25 here.

Can't last a full 90
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby KG3 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:38 am

Got an assist tonight, amazing stuff what's that like his 3rd or something lmao, I know I'm not Ozils biggest fan but we can't replace him with this 1 game wonder.
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby EliteKiller » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:52 am

Can't do more than produce what was needed against pretty poor opposition ... needs to produce against the big boys ... let's hope he does
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Losmeister » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:09 pm

well, this is, i think, what was hoped for...

that he gets fitness and plays well in his appearances and then we try mixing him in for EPL matches and see
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby PairyGrows » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:16 pm

Seeing him putting on good shifts breaks my heart. I was so excited when Wilshere first burst to the scene in the 2010-11 season. It hasn't happened for him - and it's only a matter of time before he's injured again. It's so sad.
PairyGrows
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Goonerz » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:01 pm

This lad just needs to stay fit and gain sharpness then he will be very influential.. But can't rely on his fitness..
New Day, New Era, New Start. Come On You The Arsenal.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:13 pm

Play him in the League Cup. FA Cup if he stays fit.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:14 pm

Jack Wilshere on form is a good CAM you can't deny it, however Cazorla is even better, just goes to show how much we've been missing.

Imagine ......... Lacazette, Ozil, Sanchez and Cazorla all in the same line up.

3rd best line up in the Prem?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Mike Dean » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:33 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:Jack Wilshere on form is a good CAM you can't deny it, however Cazorla is even better, just goes to show how much we've been missing.

A full season lineup consisting of Lacazette Ozil Sanchez and Cazorla would be a legitimate title contending one.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby fredd1 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:19 am

I know he was rusty but to me it was the same old same old.Loses control of the ball stretches to get it and gets clattered and goes down.How he hasn't learnt by now is mind boggling.Unfortunately you just know there's another injury around the corner.When he was younger he looked fantastic now I just think he's struggling shame cos he can still pick a great pass.
fredd1
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby gooney » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:52 am

That bate performance has earned him a new contract it seems. We really are not gonna see any changes in midfield. If ox could stay he would be here as well. I hope wilshere gets injured......we need to move on
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Mike Dean » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:29 am

fredd1 wrote:I know he was rusty but to me it was the same old same old.Loses control of the ball stretches to get it and gets clattered and goes down.How he hasn't learnt by now is mind boggling.

You can't teach an old dog a new trick.

I have said it before. He is not the smartest cookie around. Runs the team and himself into trouble with the decisions he makes on the pitch, but the dreamers then look at a few patches of brilliance, and hold onto a false hope that he will eventually realize his potential from half a decade ago.

Wishful and delusional thinking.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Marsbar100 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:32 am

He has been good since he came back imo, early days and hasn't played anyone though but i don't see any reason to criticize him so far, sure he might lose the ball a bit but he is a player that takes risks.
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Goonerz » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:42 pm

Mike Dean wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:Jack Wilshere on form is a good CAM you can't deny it, however Cazorla is even better, just goes to show how much we've been missing.

A full season lineup consisting of Lacazette Ozil Sanchez and Cazorla would be a legitimate title contending one.

But in the 15/16 season when cazorla was involved, we had gooners complaining that he is not a CM and that he makes us weak in there. A lot of fans on Arsenal-Mania even celebrated when he got injured, citing "Cazorla's injury might be a blessing in disguise as it might give Ramsey a better chance of recovering his 2014 purple patch". etc..
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Goonerz » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:52 pm

Mike Dean wrote:
fredd1 wrote:I know he was rusty but to me it was the same old same old.Loses control of the ball stretches to get it and gets clattered and goes down.How he hasn't learnt by now is mind boggling.

You can't teach an old dog a new trick.

I have said it before. He is not the smartest cookie around. Runs the team and himself into trouble with the decisions he makes on the pitch, but the dreamers then look at a few patches of brilliance, and hold onto a false hope that he will eventually realize his potential from half a decade ago.

Wishful and delusional thinking.

Reminds me of a certain Arsenal player. Can't expect him to do this, can't expect him to do that, can't change him, why change him?, he was very good for his previous club blah blah..
But a few patches of brilliance and his history is what his dreamers keep holding onto, hoping it will all come together in time.. ;-)
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club