Super Jacky Wilshere

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Jack Wilshere (10)

Postby Arsene Nose » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:46 pm

EliteKiller wrote:"Arsene Nose"

Just a few years ago and it's 'Jack would be great in Spain, with a Spanish manager who would appreciate his technical ability' ... Barca, Real, Atletico he'd fit in with any of them .....

Fast forward to 2018 and Arsenal appoint a Spanish manager, within a month ..... "feck off Jack, you're a reserve player at best" ....

Funny how the real world catches up with the fantasy one ....

A bloke who’s best finish was fourth in Spain is in no position to judge Jack the lad.
Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby EliteKiller » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:59 pm

Arsene Nose wrote:A bloke who’s best finish was fourth in Spain is in no position to judge Jack the lad.

:rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll:

How about we judge "Jack the lad" on his record ....

12 years since his EPL debut ....

Played just 166 games .... scoring just 8 goals ....

Doesn't take a Spanish manager to judge, my gran can judge those numbers, and she's been dead for twenty five years ....

You sir are a first class idiot :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Angelito » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:05 pm

UFGN wrote:
Angelito wrote:Why are you guys mocking him?

He clearly mentioned that he was ready to take a pay cut to remain at Arsenal. Such is his love for Arsenal.

It's not his fault that he was mismanaged from a young age by a manager on the brink of mediocrity and a medical team that was out of date/incompetent.

Jack had the potential. Sadly, it was never realized. He's leaving now. There's no need to rub it in.

He's still Arsenal through and through.

I would never diss him on a personal level, but he's simply not good enough. Yes he's been mismanaged to a large degree imo but a lot of it is also down to fans expecting him to be better than was realistic.

He's not world class or even the player he was when he started. Last season, you could see how he lost his world class burst from deep. It was a specialty. It's unfortunate but that's the truth.

I find the way people are mocking him, personally and professionally, just petty. He's gone. He's always been a fighter. He was never the smartest but he wore his heart on his sleeve and he was technically a fine player.

I wouldn't have minded if he stayed, tbh because he was okay as a back-up. We only have one CM now. Torriera is a DM. Xhaka is a DLP. The other player who could fill the CM role is Elneny but he's not as attack-minded as Jack.

In the Europa League, I'm now assuming Emery will play Niles and Elneny in a 4-2-3-1.

Cech; Lichtsteiner, Holding, Mavropanos, Kolasinac; Niles, Elneny; Nelson, Mkhi, Welbeck; Lacazette.

Perhaps.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Arsene Nose » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:12 pm

Angelito wrote:
UFGN wrote:

He clearly mentioned that he was ready to take a pay cut to remain at Arsenal. Such is his love for Arsenal.

It's not his fault that he was mismanaged from a young age by a manager on the brink of mediocrity and a medical team that was out of date/incompetent.

Jack had the potential. Sadly, it was never realized. He's leaving now. There's no need to rub it in.

I would never diss him on a personal level, but he's simply not good enough. Yes he's been mismanaged to a large degree imo but a lot of it is also down to fans expecting him to be better than was realistic.

He's not world class or even the player he was when he started. Last season, you could see how he lost his world class burst from deep. It was a specialty. It's unfortunate but that's the truth.

I find the way people are mocking him, personally and professionally, just petty. He's gone. He's always been a fighter. He was never the smartest but he wore his heart on his sleeve and he was technically a fine player.

I wouldn't have minded if he stayed, tbh because he was okay as a back-up. We only have one CM now. Torriera is a DM. Xhaka is a DLP. The other player who could fill the CM role is Elneny but he's not as attack-minded as Jack.

In the Europa League, I'm now assuming Emery will play Niles and Elneny in a 4-2-3-1.

Cech; Lichtsteiner, Holding, Mavropanos, Kolasinac; Niles, Elneny; Nelson, Mkhi, Welbeck; Lacazette.

Perhaps.

:clap:
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby UFGN » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:24 pm

Angelito wrote:
UFGN wrote:

Perhaps.

The thing is his Englishness causes everyone a problem. He's English and HG. So he's expansive. So he commands a disproportionately high wage. So you simply can't afford to having him as a squaddie. That's why you need him to be First choice or not at all.

He is better off finding his level in mid level Prem where he can earn his money and play.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Fran Solo » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:37 pm

Time for our players to realize that the coach is not their father. Move on!
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby UFGN » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:41 pm

Fran Solo wrote:Time for our players to realize that the coach is not their father. Move on!

A f***ing men to that

Culture shock incoming
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Arsene Nose » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:50 pm

People talk such shit. Nasri was on 170k five seasons ago at city as a squad player. That’s how you win the league.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:50 pm

This from Patrice Evra on what he said to RVP on joining Man Utd, this is exactly what we're talking about, glad Emery is fast changing this ...........

"First of all when he came I said "welcome to a proper team, a man team, not a baby team".

‘And he laughed, but he understood straight away because I remember him saying: "Patrice, to be fair, I just feel like now I’m playing for a big team because all of you win many trophies, many medals, and you still go in the gym before training, going in the gym after training".

‘Robin was like a kid, he was just like amazed about that. When he looked at us he’d say: "when I see all of you guys, I have to work hard because I want to win, I want to win trophies".’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -club.html
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:55 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:This from Patrice Evra on what he said to RVP on joining Man Utd, this is exactly what we're talking about, glad Emery is fast changing this ...........

"First of all when he came I said "welcome to a proper team, a man team, not a baby team".

‘And he laughed, but he understood straight away because I remember him saying: "Patrice, to be fair, I just feel like now I’m playing for a big team because all of you win many trophies, many medals, and you still go in the gym before training, going in the gym after training".

‘Robin was like a kid, he was just like amazed about that. When he looked at us he’d say: "when I see all of you guys, I have to work hard because I want to win, I want to win trophies".’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -club.html

He wouldn't go to ManU and boast about Arsenal, would he?

Regardless, as much as I love van Persie, he was part of a side that bottled the title twice... And finished 8th with ManU!
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:01 pm

Arsene Nose wrote:People talk such shit. Nasri was on 170k five seasons ago at city as a squad player. That’s how you win the league.

............ failing to mention Arsenal don't have £170k to waste on squad players like City do.

Well done.

Angelito wrote:I wouldn't have minded if he stayed, tbh because he was okay as a back-up. We only have one CM now. Torriera is a DM. Xhaka is a DLP. The other player who could fill the CM role is Elneny but he's not as attack-minded as Jack.

Not quite, your forgetting Mkhitarayan can play CM / CAM as well.

In fact if we want to put Laca and Auba on same time that may be an option to do anyway.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby ag6789 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:50 pm

Waste of time discussing Wilshire, when he doesn't want to fight for a place. Well all know he survived due to Wenger's obsession with his 'project players', like Diaby and a few others. He never matured into a decent reliable midfielder and still wishes to walk in to first team. Ridiculous!
There are other pressing issues that of Ozil and Xhaka underperforming, which might pose huge problems going forward in the campaign. From WC form, Ozil seems like in his last legs, and Xhaka as anonymous as can be imagined. Shudder to think a team built around Ozil, with Xhaka as his lieutenant, trying to compete for the PL and FA cup!!
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:30 pm

ag6789 wrote:Waste of time discussing Wilshire, when he doesn't want to fight for a place. Well all know he survived due to Wenger's obsession with his 'project players', like Diaby and a few others.

You have no idea how glad I am to see the back of that sh*t.

Only a manager who feels absolutely no pressure to get results, has the time, luxury or even the balls to keep playing underwhelming players due to being experimental.

Can you imagine Pep playing Iwobi game after game??

Pure madness, looking back on it now, I was actually holding myself back when Wenger was here through having pretty much given up, now that he's gone the cracks in that man look like canyons now.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Callum » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:10 pm

This, 100%. Never understood the vitriol he gets from a lot of members on here.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:13 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
theHotHead wrote:Glad he has gone, he was never going to reach his potential and we don't have time to waste and positions in the squad to lose to mediocrity.

Onwards and upwards, exciting times ahead, not the same old same old.

How do you reconcile this statement with your support of Welbeck?

He can play more often and offers an alternate plan/different option to the strikers we already have. Maybe I have to make things clear again, I don't jump for joy because we have/play Welbeck, I just see his merits and I don't agree with people that he is shit.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club