Super Jacky Wilshere

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Jack Wilshere (10)

Postby Sims » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:23 am

Well he’s gonna get given a chance seeing as Ramsey’s f***ked

Sink or swim time for him
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Goonerz » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:29 am

thebigbangtheo wrote:I agree, I think its wrong for people to conclude already that he has lost his pace and have failed to fully appreciate the impact of the last 3 years has had on him. Just getting back to physically fit is not the be all and end all and usually understood when quantified by matches fitness. There are a couple more levels involved too and these are much less measurable and able to be rectified regardless of effort, some things just can't be rushed and have to happen at the body's pace, naturally. Remember, it took 18 months for Ramsey to finally get over his injury nightmare and he was so far away from the player he was before his broken leg it was similarly mooted that he was finished too. Let's not be too quick to write him off please, we suffered Diaby who I believe would have gone on to be a great and we are suffering Santi so come on.

OMG.. Wawa weewa, Diaby was a monster for the few matches he was fit. What a talent he could have been without his glass legs.
New Day, New Era, New Start. Come On You The Arsenal.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:32 pm

Sims wrote:Well he’s gonna get given a chance seeing as Ramsey’s f***ked

Sink or swim time for him

As one pundit said (or I think it was DT?) which is something I said a few weeks ago, Wilshere is the only player we have with that creative and ball to feet talent that Cazorla used to offer us, I've fkin missed it tbf so even though he's not the man himself (Cazorla) he's the only one who comes close to replicating him on the team.

So I'm all for it.

He's definitely improving us when he's on the pitch, that I don't think anyone can question, between him and Ozil we can run the show midfield against everyone bar City and some of the other top 4 teams.

The only thing Wenger needs to do is put a midfielder next to him who's instructed to anchor, I don't want little Jack back deep having to play enforcer on 6ft plus players putting himself at risk.

There's a gap there for any of Xhaka, Elneny or Coquelin to nail that anchor role for themselves if their up for doing it, they'd become invaluable.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Marsbar100 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:10 pm

I think even sanchez and ozil respect him in the sense they know bar carzola he is the only other guy they might actually be able to play proper football with
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby thebigbangtheo » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:44 am

I hear what you're saying Diamond bar one issue which is xhaka being grouped with le coq and elneny for that crucial anchor role. I watched xhaka a few times before he was signed which were initially by coincidence then purposefully after he was linked to us. He never played as a holding/anchor midfielder or enforcer /destroyer type, never. Where some of the misinterpretation comes from is that he liked a tackle and more often than not would come out of a cruncher with the ball. Furthermore, (the name of his German team slips my mind) were much better drilled defensively and defended as a unit and as such not once would he have encountered anything like the isolated, last ditch Alamo-esque scenario's he now suffers as a recurring nightmare. He had a midfield partner alongside him who would be the primary holding player and allow him to affect the game further forward and the time to display his sublime long passing game, add in the defensive nous and graft of the TEAM around him and you have a completely different environment and completely different xhaka. And therein lies the problem, his passing game and starting position was recognised by Wenger as a solution to the problem of that element of our armoury we lost with Santi's injury, the ability to move the ball quickly and accurately from around our box to theirs. That we would have Ozil, Sanchez, Lacca and Ollie as the primary receivers of that ball and suddenly it's feeding time in the shark pool. So along with Santi and Jack, Xhaka is also a deep lying playmaker, just a bit different to them both in the same way Pirlo and Xavi played the same position differently but equally brilliant.

Both elneny and coquelin have displayed attributes that you would think would make either of them perfect for the enforcer role but in how both continue to rush forward and abandon the position to leave the defense exposed, I don't think the penny has dropped that when we do finally get a proper DM or someone like Belik, Maitland-Niles or Chambers realises there is a guaranteed place in the team up for grabs and steps forward, those two will have have little to no chance of 1st team football again but for an injury crisis. Elneny's only saving grace is that he is a genuine box to box midfielder with a great engine but in that there is a more cautious tinge to his game as opposed to expressive and definitely not enough goals or shots even, he loses out to Ramsey every time and with the likes of the Jeff coming through, it ain't looking good for him.

I don't know, maybe le prof has some sort of Frankenstein complex in that he wants the player who has the physicality a Gilberto/Viera brings with the tenacity, graft and flexibility of Petit, passing ability, ambidextrousness, vision and ability to carry the ball of Santi and Jack and classy stylishness' of Edu.
Last edited by thebigbangtheo on Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Interest: waning » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:27 pm

thebigbangtheo wrote:I hear what you're saying Diamond bar one issue which is xhaka being grouped with le coq and elneny for that crucial anchor role. I watched xhaka a few times before he was signed which were initially by coincidence then purposefully after he was linked to us. He never played as a holding/anchor midfielder or enforcer /destroyer type, never. Where some of the misinterpretation comes from is that he liked a tackle and more often than not would come out of a cruncher with the ball. Furthermore, (the name of his German team slips my mind) were much better drilled defensively and defended as a unit and as such not once would he have encountered anything like the isolated, last ditch Alamo-esque scenario's he now suffers as a recurring nightmare. He had a midfield partner alongside him who would be the primary holding player and allow him to affect the game further forward and the time to display his sublime long passing game, add in the defensive nous and graft of the TEAM around him and you have a completely different environment and completely different xhaka. And therein lies the problem, his passing game and starting position was recognised by Wenger as a solution to the problem of that element of our armoury we lost with Santi's injury, the ability to move the ball quickly and accurately from around our box to theirs. That we would have Ozil, Sanchez, Lacca and Ollie as the primary receivers of that ball and suddenly it's feeding time in the shark pool. So along with Santi and Jack, Xhaka is also a deep lying midfielder, just a bit different to them both in the same way Pirlo and Xavi played the same position differently but equally brilliant. Both elneny and coqelan have displayed attributes that you would think would make either of them perfect for the enforcer role but in how both continue to rush forward and abandon the position to leave the defense exposed, I don't think the penny has dropped that when we do finally get a proper DM or someone like Belik, Maitland-Niles or Chambers realises there is a guaranteed place in the team up for grabs and steps forward, those two will have have little to no chance of 1st team football again but for an injury crisis. Elneny's only saving grace is that he is a genuine box to box midfielder with a great engine but in that there is a more cautious tinge to his game as opposed to expressive and definitely not enough goals or shots even, he loses out to Ramsey every time and with the likes of the Jeff coming through, it ain't looking good for him. I don't know, maybe le prof has some sort of Frankenstein complex in that he wants the player who has the physicality a Gilberto/Viera brings with the tenacity, graft and flexibility of Petit, passing ability, ambidextrousness, vision and ability to carry the ball of Santi and Jack and classy stylishness' of Edu.

Mate, ain't no one gonna read your paragraph-less mess of a post!!
Interest: waning
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Marsbar100 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:32 pm

Seems close to his prime now, a lot more mature, pray he can stay fit
Marsbar100

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:44 am

GIVE HIM THE CONTRACT FFS
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:49 am

Both Ozil and Jack want to stay at Arsenal. In Jack's case, there has been no offer on the table and in Ozil's case, the club hasn't pushed harder.

I don't know what we are doing.

It's only Alexis who wants to leave outright. And Bellerin, who will be off the moment Barca sneeze. Wonder why Barca would even be interested tbh.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:52 am

Angelito wrote:Both Ozil and Jack want to stay at Arsenal. In Jack's case, there has been no offer on the table and in Ozil's case, the club hasn't pushed harder.

It's only Alexis who wants to leave outright. And Bellerin, who will be off the moment Barca sneeze. Wonder why Barca would even be interested tbh.

Should have cashed in on both. Could conceivably have got 100 million+ on Alexis and Bellerin, and when you consider how shit Bellerin is, and how Sanchez is leaving anyway, weird to reject it.
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Nuggets » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:58 am

GoonerAlexandre wrote:
Angelito wrote:Both Ozil and Jack want to stay at Arsenal. In Jack's case, there has been no offer on the table and in Ozil's case, the club hasn't pushed harder.

Should have cashed in on both. Could conceivably have got 100 million+ on Alexis and Bellerin, and when you consider how shit Bellerin is, and how Sanchez is leaving anyway, weird to reject it.
:clap:
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Marsbar100 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:27 am

Nuggets wrote:
GoonerAlexandre wrote:

As frustrating as Wenger is, keeping Sanchez was the right thing to do, he is one of only two world class fit players that we have and if we win anything this season more than likely Sanchez will probably play a part and show up when it really matters like he has done whilst he has been here.

We could have sold bellerin and Sanchez for 100m what ducking difference would it make if Wenger isn't serious about winning.
Marsbar100

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:30 am

Marsbar100 wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
GoonerAlexandre wrote:

As frustrating as Wenger is, keeping Sanchez was the right thing to do, he is one of only two world class fit players that we have and if we win anything this season more than likely Sanchez will probably play a part and show up when it really matters like he has done whilst he has been here.

We could have sold bellerin and Sanchez for 100m what ducking difference would it make if Wenger isn't serious about winning.

Let's see what we can win this season:
Europa League- Sanchez has done nothing
League Cup- Sanchez has done nothing
FA Cup- Likely Sanchez won't play since he'll be off by then
Premier League- Can't win....
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Marsbar100 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:08 am

GoonerAlexandre wrote:
Marsbar100 wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
GoonerAlexandre wrote:

In regards to the pl we both know sanchez could score 20+ like last season and we wouldn't be getting close to the pl with this squad, this squad simply isn't near the required level.

In regards to the league cup we have done well to get to the semis, however to win it from here we are more than likely going to have to face city, chelsea or united over two legs and a final. Considering wenger has never won this competition, it would be wise to assume we could do with a fully motivated sanchez to change that.

In regards to the el, sanchez scored a belter on his first start back if i remember correctly, regardless if hadn't done, the competition hasn't even seriously started for us, ozil hasn't even played in it yet , do you feel confident that we will not need ozil to win this competition?

Wenger has said he will not go in January of course if that happens then yeah it would have been a waste of time keeping sanchez, hopefully that will not happen and he will he help us win something.

On point though surely you can agree wenger, the board or both via mutual consent aren't genuinely serious about winning the title or cl, until that changes i don't really see what difference selling bellerin and sanchez would have made.
Marsbar100

Postby starmandb » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:26 pm

GoonerAlexandre wrote:
Marsbar100 wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
GoonerAlexandre wrote:

Sanchez put us in front v cologne home
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club