Super Jacky Wilshere

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Jack Wilshere (10)

Postby Pudpop » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:16 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
BS221B wrote:
Arsenal will offer Jack Wilshere a new deal on his current £80,000-a-week wages. Talks to be held next week.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/spor ... -hxz3b8j8b

:think:

There you have it lads.

Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Zenith » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:19 pm

Contract change to pay as you play would make a lot more sense.

£25k standard weekly salary

£50k for every 90 minutes played.

Not going to happen, obv.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby UFGN » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:52 pm

Zenith wrote:Contract change to pay as you play would make a lot more sense.

£25k standard weekly salary

£50k for every 90 minutes played.

Not going to happen, obv.

You say obvs but it shouldn't be really should it

Only in the bonkers world of premier league football would a permacrock be able to insist on such wages and get them

It's perfectly reasonable that someone in his position should be offered effectively a training and rehabilitation contract with appearance bonuses
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Arsene Nose » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:20 pm

Good to see the club support a talented homegrown player. Hopefully he overcomes his problems and contributes to our efforts. I for one would love to see a fully fit wilshere starting for us.
Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Mess » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:31 pm

I beg to differ. It's about time we also value physical toughness when we build a squad. How can you have anything good going, any sort of consistency, when you keep having players out injured? Walcott gets injured, comes back, oh, now it's Ramsey. He comes back, oh, now it's Santi. He comes back (or not), oh, now it's Wilshere. He comes back (or not, probably not), now it's OX. And so on. What did the team gain by sticking with Diaby? Admiration from Diaby's family and a few fans that value loyalty and kindness over results? I'm still reading fans here hoping to build the squad around Santi. The team is obviously much better with him but it's quite clear that he's breaking down. That has to change, and starting next season, not after Wenger leave (if he ever leaves)
Mess
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Arsene Nose » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:48 pm

Mess wrote:I beg to differ. It's about time we also value physical toughness when we build a squad. How can you have anything good going, any sort of consistency, when you keep having players out injured? Walcott gets injured, comes back, oh, now it's Ramsey. He comes back, oh, now it's Santi. He comes back (or not), oh, now it's Wilshere. He comes back (or not, probably not), now it's OX. And so on. What did the team gain by sticking with Diaby? Admiration from Diaby's family and a few fans that value loyalty and kindness over results? I'm still reading fans here hoping to build the squad around Santi. The team is obviously much better with him but it's quite clear that he's breaking down. That has to change, and starting next season, not after Wenger leave (if he ever leaves)

You forgot to mention rvp...biggest crock during his day... but that doesn't fit your narrative.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:52 pm

Arsene Nose wrote:You forgot to mention rvp...biggest crock during his day... but that doesn't fit your narrative.

RVP was world class, Wilshere is mid-table level.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby gooney » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:14 pm

Arsene Nose wrote:Good to see the club support a talented homegrown player. Hopefully he overcomes his problems and contributes to our efforts. I for one would love to see a fully fit wilshere starting for us.

I for one wanted to see diaby fit....hell cazorla is not injured because we havent wished enough for him to be fit. Wishing makes no difference sadly
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Arsene Nose » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:56 pm

Arsenal's new tag line: Stronger Together*

* Unless you get injured in which case fck off and stop wasting our money.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby gooney » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:58 pm

Arsene Nose wrote:Arsenal's new tag line: Stronger Together*

Elite level football is ruthless.
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby BS221B » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:09 pm

BS221B wrote:stop spreading hate gooney.
BS221B
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Arsene Nose » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:32 pm

gooney wrote:
Arsene Nose wrote:Arsenal's new tag line: Stronger Together*

Elite level football is ruthless.

I'd like to be part of something bigger. I signed up to be part of a community, an ethos, a value system. Else I'd rather follow Chelsea.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby 22-0 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:45 pm

Dont want another diaby tbh. there are limits and wilshere is reaching that limit.
22-0
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Mess » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:57 pm

Arsene Nose wrote:
Mess wrote:I beg to differ. It's about time we also value physical toughness when we build a squad. How can you have anything good going, any sort of consistency, when you keep having players out injured? Walcott gets injured, comes back, oh, now it's Ramsey. He comes back, oh, now it's Santi. He comes back (or not), oh, now it's Wilshere. He comes back (or not, probably not), now it's OX. And so on. What did the team gain by sticking with Diaby? Admiration from Diaby's family and a few fans that value loyalty and kindness over results? I'm still reading fans here hoping to build the squad around Santi. The team is obviously much better with him but it's quite clear that he's breaking down. That has to change, and starting next season, not after Wenger leave (if he ever leaves)

You forgot to mention rvp...biggest crock during his day... but that doesn't fit your narrative.

I didn't think about him but yes, he was borderline. But as Va-Va-Voom said, he was actual world class, not "potential football simulator World class" .

And to add to my "narrative", I hope rumours that Arsene, sorry, Arsenal are interested in Marco Reus are false. Superb player but way too injury prone.

Is it so hard for you to understand Arsene Nose? There's no "narrative" here: If you keep having key players out year after after for long period of time, how do you expect to achieve anything great and show any consistency?
Mess
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby EliteKiller » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:39 pm

Arsene Nose wrote: I'd like to be part of something bigger. I signed up to be part of a community, an ethos, a value system. Else I'd rather follow Chelsea.

Go follow some PC correct bullshit and forget about football then, you obviously can't grasp that it's a business, you obviously don't understand that paying assets to do nothing is in fact stupid, but most evident you can't grasp the reality that the under the Arsene philosophy we are failing .....

Community, Ethos, Value they don't count for much unless you support them with a winning mentality first .... that's the bit you can't seem to grasp .... read this short exert from a true sporting great ....

My sporting career spanned almost five decades—from 1925 to 1973, count them—and in all that time I never had a boss call me upstairs so that he could congratulate me for losing like a gentleman. “How you play the game” is for amateurs. When you’re playing for money, winning is the only thing that matters. Show me a good loser in professional sports, and I’ll show you an idiot. Show me a sportsman first, and I’ll show you a player I'm looking to transfer out as fast as possible. You win first, you can afford to be sporting only after the job is done.

I believe in rules. (Sure I do. If there weren't any rules, how could you break them?) I also believe I have a right to test the rules by seeing how far they can be bent. Professionals play to win, not to be 'fair' 'nice' or 'sporting' it's a job and getting it done at all costs must come first, show me a team that doesn't know that and I'll show you a team of losers .....

http://press.uchicago.edu/Misc/Chicago/173887.html
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club