Super Jacky Wilshere

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Jack Wilshere (10)

Postby Jedi » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:29 am

Arsene Nose wrote:It’s quite sad that the social media fan base doesn’t understand what it means to be a club icon. Mark Noble is a hammers icon. He’s not the greatest player in their history, not a premier league legend but he’s one of their own.
I suppose this is what happens when you follow 3-4 clubs on th internet at the same time.

The difference is the hammers are shit so it's understandable that their club icon is a mediocre player.

Also Mark Noble has 3 times as many appearances for West Ham than Wilshere for Arsenal. He's also scored 45 goals while Wilshere only has 8.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:55 am

Arsene Nose wrote:Jack started at Luton. Yeah he made some bad decisions at six years of age :rofll:

Yet you brought up Gibbs playing for Wimbledon?
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Ach » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:10 am

The last stand of a Wenger lover. Trying his heart out to keeping some remnant of Wenger alive at the club but failing miserably.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Luzh 22 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:27 pm

Ach wrote:The last stand of a Wenger lover. Trying his heart out to keeping some remnant of Wenger alive at the club but failing miserably.

I agree to an extent. I don't think this guy even liked Wilsh that much, he was blaming all the players for letting AW down not so long ago.

However, he's decided to champion Wilsh for the sole reason of trying to poop on the new manager, in an indirect way of saying that getting rid of Wenger was the wrong thing to do.

He summarily got his arse handed to him in every single point he made along the way. Can't remember the last time I witnessed such destruction on this forum tbh.
"O Striker, Striker, why are you Striker?" - Arsene Nose 12/07/16
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Newman123 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:33 pm

Needed for both club and player. Hopefully he can fulfil his potential and get better. If he fulfils his potential then he can be a potential replacement for Iniesta at Barca.
Newman123
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Mess » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:00 pm

Jedieurokrem wrote:
Arsene Nose wrote:It’s quite sad that the social media fan base doesn’t understand what it means to be a club icon. Mark Noble is a hammers icon. He’s not the greatest player in their history, not a premier league legend but he’s one of their own.
I suppose this is what happens when you follow 3-4 clubs on th internet at the same time.

The difference is the hammers are shit so it's understandable that their club icon is a mediocre player.

Also Mark Noble has 3 times as many appearances for West Ham than Wilshere for Arsenal. He's also scored 45 goals while Wilshere only has 8.

How does one qualify to be a "club icon"? I'm trying REALLY hard with Wilshere but I can't find think of anything that would make him a club icon. Is it his love for the team? The fact he's been with Arsenal from a young age, moving up the ladders until he reached the big club? The fact he dissed Tottenham on several occasions? I don't get it. And none of what I've mentioned above, in my opinion, qualify any player as being a "club icon".
Mess
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:15 pm

Mess wrote:
Jedieurokrem wrote:

How does one qualify to be a "club icon"? I'm trying REALLY hard with Wilshere but I can't find think of anything that would make him a club icon. Is it his love for the team? The fact he's been with Arsenal from a young age, moving up the ladders until he reached the big club? The fact he dissed Tottenham on several occasions? I don't get it. And none of what I've mentioned above, in my opinion, qualify any player as being a "club icon".

Catchment area innit.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:17 pm

Wilshere isn't a club icon, it's pretty simple.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:27 pm

I blame Wenger for Wilshere not being the player he could have been!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:21 pm

Can't blame anyone but Wilshere.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Marsbar100 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:28 pm

Was Wenger's fault, complete mismanagement
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:34 pm

I remember when Wilshere said he would never change his playing style even though it resulted in injury after injury.

Guy is a r***rd.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Santi » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:34 pm

Wilshere's career is in his own hands, if he's run down he should tell the manager. No excuses for him.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:38 pm

How many more of these meltdowns are we going to have?

Wenger, Giroud, Wilshere.

Anything else?

For me this has been the best year as an Arsenal fan in years, complete reset and ready to move forward.

Our squad is shaping up nicely once all the new signings come in, Emery and Gazidis doing lots of pruning.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:56 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:How many more of these meltdowns are we going to have?

Wenger, Giroud, Wilshere.

Anything else?

For me this has been the best year as an Arsenal fan in years, complete reset and ready to move forward.

Our squad is shaping up nicely once all the new signings come in, Emery and Gazidis doing lots of pruning.

I honestly think a lot of our younger fans see the club as some sort of reality TV show and the players and manager as characters to be liked or not liked according to their image, Twitter profile and the quality of their selfies.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club