Super Jacky Wilshere

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Jack Wilshere (10)

Postby theHotHead » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:13 pm

Losmeister wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:Jack's long range passing is very underrated, he pinged quite a few beautiful balls out wide that left our wingers in acres of space. The key to this was not just the speed of the pass, it was the speed of his movement, moving from near the right flank to the center and pinging a ball out wide on the left.

And it wasn't even his best game yet. Ffs, if he stays fit, he'll be a legend

your fandom has gotten to you...

smh

very nonspecial performance

Well its like the previous games where he was nothing special, but because he was not shit people were going on like the messiah had returned. Yes he offers things none of our current fit midfielders can offer, but I have seen no evidence that he can run a game yet.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby #ST » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:49 pm

People are just tired of Hollywood Ramsey and Xhaka. They see Wilshere being fast enough to run after a man, not panicking under pressure and actually staying in the midfield area so they get excited.

Wilshere is good enough to play in the starting 11. I hope we will see him next week against Man City.
Wembley:
Community Shield @6-8-'23 = 1*-1 Manchester City

Emirates Stadium:
First game @10-9-'11 = 1 - 0 Swansea
Most memorable game @24-2-'22 = 2 - 1 Wolves
Last game @14-04-'24 = 0 - 2 Aston Villa
Next game @4-05-'24 = VS Bournemouth [ No ticket yet ]
#ST
Predictions League 2019-20, 2021-22 Winner

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:20 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Losmeister wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:Jack's long range passing is very underrated, he pinged quite a few beautiful balls out wide that left our wingers in acres of space. The key to this was not just the speed of the pass, it was the speed of his movement, moving from near the right flank to the center and pinging a ball out wide on the left.

smh

Well its like the previous games where he was nothing special, but because he was not shit people were going on like the messiah had returned. Yes he offers things none of our current fit midfielders can offer, but I have seen no evidence that he can run a game yet.

He can't run a game, but as you said, he can do what none of our midfielders can do, pass the ball competently and take players on. He's the only hope we have in that midfield region

I say, eff it and start him and Elneny/Coquelin in the PL, with Ozil ahead of them.
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby gooney » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:27 pm

Burnturrek wrote:People are just tired of Hollywood Ramsey and Xhaka. They see Wilshere being fast enough to run after a man, not panicking under pressure and actually staying in the midfield area so they get excited.

Wilshere is good enough to play in the starting 11. I hope we will see him next week against Man City.

I hate ramsey with passion....He is in my top 10 hated human beings in the world right now. But he is a better player and overall midfielder than wilshjere
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby #ST » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:09 pm

gooney wrote:
Burnturrek wrote:People are just tired of Hollywood Ramsey and Xhaka. They see Wilshere being fast enough to run after a man, not panicking under pressure and actually staying in the midfield area so they get excited.

I hate ramsey with passion....He is in my top 10 hated human beings in the world right now. But he is a better player and overall midfielder than wilshjere

I don't hate Ramsey at all but if he is going to play, it should be as an attacking midfielder.

He is too Hollywood for central midfield.
Wembley:
Community Shield @6-8-'23 = 1*-1 Manchester City

Emirates Stadium:
First game @10-9-'11 = 1 - 0 Swansea
Most memorable game @24-2-'22 = 2 - 1 Wolves
Last game @14-04-'24 = 0 - 2 Aston Villa
Next game @4-05-'24 = VS Bournemouth [ No ticket yet ]
#ST

Postby thebigbangtheo » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:58 pm

thehothead - you're right, he was just a simple midfielder back and not pigeon holed as an acm, dm, cm etc, however if you look at that game, for as many times that he received, passed or carried the ball in the final third he did equally well in the middle of the park and in front of our box too. The only point I was making was in reference to your comment of him NEVER having produced anything of note as an attacking force, but given that your recollection is that both he and Cesc ran the show against Barcelona I guess that point is now moot.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:21 pm

Burnturrek wrote:
gooney wrote:

I don't hate Ramsey at all but if he is going to play, it should be as an attacking midfielder.

He is too Hollywood for central midfield.

BUT ......... when Ramsey was actually considered good when he had his breakout year it was because he got back in the team through Songs place and was actually playing as a CDM / CM.

He was being eyed by lots of top teams that season then being the thick Welshman he is threw it all away the season after becoming "Hollywood Ramsey".

The mans an idiot.

The first few seasons when Wenger tried him at CAM almost ended his Arsenal career he was that bad.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Goonerz » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:14 am

GoonerAlexis wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Losmeister wrote:

smh

He can't run a game, but as you said, he can do what none of our midfielders can do, pass the ball competently and take players on. He's the only hope we have in that midfield region

I say, eff it and start him and Elneny/Coquelin in the PL, with Ozil ahead of them.

I like Jack more as a CM kind of player, where he has the space to carry the ball and run at the opposition players. He can do a bit like what cazorla was doing, get the ball to the likes of ozil, giroud, Alexis etc..
New Day, New Era, New Start. Come On You The Arsenal.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby PairyGrows » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:42 am

Goonerz wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Losmeister wrote:

smh

I like Jack more as a CM kind of player, where he has the space to carry the ball and run at the opposition players. He can do a bit like what cazorla was doing, get the ball to the likes of ozil, giroud, Alexis etc..

This is exactly the role we need Wilshere to grow into. Cazorla provided us with balance because of his ability to deliver the ball to our attacking players and create space with his dribbling. After his injury problems began in November 2015, we've not looked as fluid on the ball. We need that type of a player in our team.

Who could it be? Not Ramsey; he's at his best in the attacking third and at his worst as a playmaker. Not Coquelin nor Elneny; they are anything but creative. Not Xhaka; he's way too sloppy on the ball. The only player capable of stepping into Cazorla's shoes is Wilshere.
PairyGrows
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby arsenalpan » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:27 pm

PairyGrows wrote:
Goonerz wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Losmeister wrote:

smh

This is exactly the role we need Wilshere to grow into. Cazorla provided us with balance because of his ability to deliver the ball to our attacking players and create space with his dribbling. After his injury problems began in November 2015, we've not looked as fluid on the ball. We need that type of a player in our team.

Who could it be? Not Ramsey; he's at his best in the attacking third and at his worst as a playmaker. Not Coquelin nor Elneny; they are anything but creative. Not Xhaka; he's way too sloppy on the ball. The only player capable of stepping into Cazorla's shoes is Wilshere.

:clap: :clap: Coq and Wilshere are the best pair we could have if they both on form.
arsenalpan
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Sims » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:05 pm

coquelin is finished as a first teamer

he looked out of his depth against norwich
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Callum » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:49 am

Great to see him back to his best - really hope he can get some starts in the Premier League soon. I think he could perform a similar role to Xhaka but he's far better under pressure in deep areas.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby fredd1 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:29 pm

Not sure if he would be better than Xhaka in the deep areas tbh.The main problem is is that Ramsey is never in position he's miles away from where he should be.So Wilshere will have the same problem aswell.
fredd1
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Cripps » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:39 pm

Real Betis are preparing to make another move for Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere, 25, after the La Liga side failed with a summer bid for the player. (The Sun)
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:09 pm

The elite burst he once had is completely gone

Sad to see
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club