Super Jacky Wilshere

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Jack Wilshere (10)

Postby gooney » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:17 pm

Marsbar100 wrote:Jack is the least of our worries ffs

he is a problem. See we either give wilshere a starters wage or get a new starter. You cant give wilshere 100k or more and have him as backup because he came through our academy. He has been here 10 years....which starter for a big club has been in their midfield 10 years and was loaned out 9th year?
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Marsbar100 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:29 pm

gooney wrote:

he is a problem. See we either give wilshere a starters wage or get a new starter. You cant give wilshere 100k or more and have him as backup because he came through our academy. He has been here 10 years....which starter for a big club has been in their midfield 10 years and was loaned out 9th year?

We all know know none of this matters whilst wenger is here.
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby gooney » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:41 pm

Marsbar100 wrote:
gooney wrote:

yeah but I dont want him to get a fat contract and next manager stuck with him. He isnt great and isnt worth the money he wants. I also think Jack is bluffing he knows no big club will touch him except city who would use him to fill their english quota
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Marsbar100 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:52 pm

gooney wrote:
Marsbar100 wrote:
gooney wrote:

yeah but I dont want him to get a fat contract and next manager stuck with him. He isnt great and isnt worth the money he wants. I also think Jack is bluffing he knows no big club will touch him except city who would use him to fill their english quota

I don't think he would do a walcott if we got a new manager who completely didn't fancy him, he went to Bournemouth because he wasn't going to play here.

Also a competent manager might get more out of him, until it happens we don't know.
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100

Postby EliteKiller » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:17 am

theHotHead wrote:Thats not quite true EK, nobody thought RVP would stay fit and he managed to do just that. Admittedly we don't have a good record with injury prone players.

and I obviously hope you're right, but should we be even thinking about that gamble ... we're Arsenal not bloody B'mouth and they thought it a risk to far .... would have no issue keeping him as a squad player on a reasonable salary but we will need a new starting CM (and the rest) if we want to get back in the top four ....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Arsene Nose » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:08 am

If the rumors of our interest in Max Meyer are true then that's the end of Jack. He'd probably be a better complement to Xhaka.
Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby theHotHead » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:59 am

gooney wrote:
Marsbar100 wrote:
gooney wrote:

I disagree, I think loads of big clubs on the continent would buy him, his game is suited to the slower pace of the more technical leagues.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Ach » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:20 pm

Out of the Italy game

Hes finished
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:21 pm

theHotHead wrote:
gooney wrote:
Marsbar100 wrote:
gooney wrote:

I disagree, I think loads of big clubs on the continent would buy him, his game is suited to the slower pace of the more technical leagues.

Really?

Only reason he is still here is cos no one wanted him last summer after his Bournemouth horror show

Shown nothing this season to suggest hes changed
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Zenith » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:58 pm

Bournemouth fans on Wilshere;
If money was no object then we'd be mad not to go for Jack Wilshere. We could also play him alongside Lewis Cook.

Obviously they couldn't play together as a midfield two, but when you have players of that quality, you adapt the system to make it work. That would likely mean 3 in midfield with a more defensive player brought in too

Imagine a midfield 3 of Wilshere, Cook, and either: Gosling/inform Arter/a new midfield battler.

we can dream.

Imagine the purse strings will be looked after carefully with training ground and stadium to budget for. Keeping hold of Cook AND attracting someone like Wilshere is probably beyond our reach. Just keeping hold of cook will be hard enough over the next year or two.

We need creativity in midfield, so Wilshere or Maddison (or Ollie Watkins) would all be good signings. Especially as Cook, Gosling, Arter and Surman are all primarily defensive midfielders. We don't have a single attacking midfielder.

Jack Wilshere is magic
He wears a magic hat
And when he came to Bournemouth
He said, I fancy that
I'll never play for Palace
Cos Pardew is a prat
I'd rather play for Bournemouth in the famous red and black

Crystal Palace are after him apparently but I wouldn't put it past Eddie going forward if we went back in for him in January for a full transfer.
He loved it down here that's a fact,and if we are to stay in the Premier League long term,then we need quality players like Jack Wilshere in the squad.

Eddie Howe on Wilshere (January 2018):
"Absolutely, I don't see why Jack Wilshere cannot make that squad," said Howe, of Wilshere's World Cup chances.

"I'm sure it's a target for Jack and the way he's played I don't see any reason why he won't be a huge player in (England manager) Gareth Southgate's mind.

"I'm sure Jack will get a warm reception here. He was very popular in our dressing room and he did very well for us."

''horror show'' SMH
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Ach » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:00 pm

Dear god
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:09 pm

Zenith wrote:Bournemouth fans on Wilshere;
If money was no object then we'd be mad not to go for Jack Wilshere. We could also play him alongside Lewis Cook.

Obviously they couldn't play together as a midfield two, but when you have players of that quality, you adapt the system to make it work. That would likely mean 3 in midfield with a more defensive player brought in too

Imagine a midfield 3 of Wilshere, Cook, and either: Gosling/inform Arter/a new midfield battler.

we can dream.

Imagine the purse strings will be looked after carefully with training ground and stadium to budget for. Keeping hold of Cook AND attracting someone like Wilshere is probably beyond our reach. Just keeping hold of cook will be hard enough over the next year or two.

We need creativity in midfield, so Wilshere or Maddison (or Ollie Watkins) would all be good signings. Especially as Cook, Gosling, Arter and Surman are all primarily defensive midfielders. We don't have a single attacking midfielder.

Jack Wilshere is magic
He wears a magic hat
And when he came to Bournemouth
He said, I fancy that
I'll never play for Palace
Cos Pardew is a prat
I'd rather play for Bournemouth in the famous red and black

Crystal Palace are after him apparently but I wouldn't put it past Eddie going forward if we went back in for him in January for a full transfer.
He loved it down here that's a fact,and if we are to stay in the Premier League long term,then we need quality players like Jack Wilshere in the squad.

Eddie Howe on Wilshere (January 2018):
"Absolutely, I don't see why Jack Wilshere cannot make that squad," said Howe, of Wilshere's World Cup chances.

"I'm sure it's a target for Jack and the way he's played I don't see any reason why he won't be a huge player in (England manager) Gareth Southgate's mind.

"I'm sure Jack will get a warm reception here. He was very popular in our dressing room and he did very well for us."

''horror show'' SMH

Lol. :rofll: :rofll:

Brilliant stuff that. Certainly put that fool back in the bin.

Once again, fair play to Southgate, he's being smart. He knows we've got some big fixtures coming up that we need him for. Keeping him out for precaution is the best thing for him. There's load of national team managers out there who wouldn't of given two fucks and would of just chucked him in.

Doesn't need to prove anything anyway. He's going to be a starter in the world cup.
SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:11 pm

theHotHead wrote:
gooney wrote:
Marsbar100 wrote:
gooney wrote:

Yup. It's telling that the likes of City, Chelsea and Juve are all very keen despite it being likely he'll sign a new contract... eventually.
SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Ach » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:24 pm

Lets ignore the fact Wilshere was dropped at Bournemouth and how many goals and assists did he get?

But apparently cos a manager is too respectful and dignified to say a player has been shit (has any manager ever said a player has been shit even when obvious?) Howe said the usual shit every manager said about a loanee and the gullible have believed it.

They bought Ake for 20m reportedly. Money isn't an issue especially these days.

But being worse than Harry Arter is apparently not a shocking season
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:40 pm

Credit for trying but you're coming across really desperate and embarrassing now after what Zenith just did to you.

It's best you stop. Enjoy your night.
SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club