Super Jacky Wilshere

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Jack Wilshere (10)

Postby Losmeister » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:50 pm

Burnturrek wrote:People are actually saying shit like I don't care if he leaves? Have you guys not seen how much better we play with him?

Wilshere needs to stay. Yes he is injury prone, that's why you tell Ramsey to sit his ass on the bench until it happens. Make use of every minute of JW Brilliance.

The problem isn't having an injury prone player in the books. The problem is relying solely on a player like that.

The next midfielder that we should be cleansed of is Xhaka, not our very own Super Jack.

i think i counted ONE person who said they dont care if he leaves.

my only point is that the contract be REASONABLE. not some Feo walcott v 2.0 bollocks.

he'd been getting 1st 11 minutes, which he should be glad of.

out with xhaka, iwobi to converted DM
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby coach8smallball » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:51 pm

Losmeister wrote:
Burnturrek wrote:People are actually saying shit like I don't care if he leaves? Have you guys not seen how much better we play with him?

Wilshere needs to stay. Yes he is injury prone, that's why you tell Ramsey to sit his ass on the bench until it happens. Make use of every minute of JW Brilliance.

The problem isn't having an injury prone player in the books. The problem is relying solely on a player like that.

The next midfielder that we should be cleansed of is Xhaka, not our very own Super Jack.

i think i counted ONE person who said they dont care if he leaves.

my only point is that the contract be REASONABLE. not some Feo walcott v 2.0 bollocks.

he'd been getting 1st 11 minutes, which he should be glad of.

out with xhaka, iwobi to converted DM

or let AMN get a run at dcm
cheers!
--tank
coach8smallball
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:49 pm

Great news for our future captain :hail:

SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Ach » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:55 pm

Good squad cover but hope this doesn't mean we aren't getting a better CM
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Marsbar100 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:30 am

Awesome stuff
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby coach8smallball » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:38 am

Ach wrote:Good squad cover but hope this doesn't mean we aren't getting a better CM

don't you mean dcm.

we have enough cms
cheers!
--tank
coach8smallball
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Mike Dean » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:05 am

coach8smallball wrote:
Ach wrote:Good squad cover but hope this doesn't mean we aren't getting a better CM

don't you mean dcm.

we have enough cms

While I do agree that we desperately need a DM, none of our CMs are top quality or reliable.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby theHotHead » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:24 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:Well I hope he stays but we have so much talent at the moment (we actually have half a bench) that it wouldn't hurt us too much to lose him which is the way it should be for any one player if your on a big team.

However ......... why give away talent? we have guys like Xhaka still on the pitch, Wilshere should be kept.

Wilshere has also showed to have a good effect at making our midfield tick before the ball gets passed forward to the offence.

I hope they can come to an agreement.

We have so much talent where ?? Don't get me wrong I don't mind Ramsey, but where else is this talent ? Xhaka ? Elneny ?
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:26 pm

Ach wrote:Ramsey did more in the last match than Wilshere has in 10 years lol

Only one player out of those 2 should be on the bench

I agree with this, what has Jack done thats so amazing ?? I am yet to see it.

He is technically a better footballer but both offer things to the team, different things, Ramsey delivers his offering more frequently than Jack does his though.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Santi » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:30 pm

Can't argue with the fact that Ramsey has done more for Arsenal than Wilshere so far, no excuses they've both been injured and simply Ramsey has delivered more often.

Can't see both working going forward though, the only hope they have is in a 4-3-3 with someone like Kante behind. I hope Jack will deliver more as he's the more gifted player but Ramsey has been the more productive player and if he continues to do so then Jack will be out.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby coach8smallball » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:49 pm

Mike Dean wrote:
coach8smallball wrote:

don't you mean dcm.

we have enough cms

While I do agree that we desperately need a DM, none of our CMs are top quality or reliable.

if we had a wc dcm, our current cms would be allowed to flourish. even though they aren't top quality, xhaka does nothing to help them succeed.

one common factor effecting our def and our attack.....xhaka
cheers!
--tank
coach8smallball
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby theHotHead » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:17 pm

coach8smallball wrote:
Mike Dean wrote:
coach8smallball wrote:

don't you mean dcm.

we have enough cms

if we had a wc dcm, our current cms would be allowed to flourish. even though they aren't top quality, xhaka does nothing to help them succeed.

one common factor effecting our def and our attack.....xhaka

This beyond all else has been our downfall since Flamini left the first time. Since then we have had a succession of poor choices to play the holding role, not one of them were able to boss the midfield in a way that protected the defence and let the more creative midfielders express themselves. We passed up on a number of names who at the time were bossing the midfield for their clubs, because we did not want to harm the growth of our young players :BangHead:
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Ach » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:41 pm

Didn't watch the game, haven't checked the stats but is it true Cech made more passes than him today?

We have a chance to get rid of this waste of space albeit on a free. We should take it
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:48 pm

Probably our best player today in what was a shocking midfield.

Denied a fantastic assist that Aubameyang was ruled out for and then another one late on in the second half after some great work which Welbeck messed up with a poor first touch.

Felt for him today as he was let down massively by Xhaka and Elneny.

Had a feeling we would get over run in the middle and we did. Dembele was top quality today which meant Jack had to do more of the dirty work unfortunately.
SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:52 pm

SuperJackyWilshere wrote:Probably our best player today in what was a shocking midfield.

Denied a fantastic assist that Aubameyang was ruled out for and then another one late on in the second half after some great work which Welbeck messed up with a poor first touch.

Felt for him today as he was let down massively by Xhaka and Elneny.

Had a feeling we would get over run in the middle and we did. Dembele was top quality today which meant Jack had to do more of the dirty work unfortunately.

Agreed, safe to say he's our best midfielder.
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club