Super Jacky Wilshere

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Jack Wilshere (10)

Postby Schlandi » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:49 pm

MesutOzil11 wrote:
SchlandGooner wrote:
MesutOzil11 wrote:
SchlandGooner wrote:
MesutOzil11 wrote:
SchlandGooner wrote:
You use Giroud and Isco plus good player in the same sentence and it wasn't meant as a joke. Seriously dude stop embarassing yourself.

Good news then. Looks like Jack will be a superstar here.

Should we sell Walcott?

Big17 wrote:Took his goal brilliantly today. He really is a great finisher.

Selling him would be a dumb thing to do.

Unlike some other members who just make new accounts.. I still stand for my earlier comments.
Isco really hasn't done much so far in his career bar one decent season might end up as a decent player decisive stage in his career.

In other news
Sims wrote:People who don't appreciate Walcott's quality are beyond stupid, the guy is a great player and would get into all of the top four teams with ease

#CheerleaderHumilated

About 2-3 seasons ago sunshine. It's no secret I use to be a Walcott fan but I don't have an agenda.

You was knocking Isco about not long ago.

"Might end up a decent player" :rofll: :rofll:

He's currently a key player to one of the best Madrid sides in years.

If he is a key player why did f.e. Walcott play more minutes for Arsenal as he did for Real last season?
And why is he hardly starting for Real?

Did you not watch last season or something or the start of this?

The Champions league and super cup say a big, nice, warm, welcoming hello.

It seems you should have watched closer.. he only started at the end in the CL cause of other players injuries also was subbed off in all of these games and scored only one f***ing goal in the whole CL campaign (zero assists).
Funnily enough as Bayern was going to knock them out he was subbed off and Real scored four goals.

#KeyPlayerMyAss

#GoonersWorldExcuses
- Their goalkeerper had the game of his life
- We should have had 10+ penalties .. shit ref
- If long term injured player xyz would have been available we would have won easily
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Dejan » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:44 pm

rekt tbh
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby MesutOzil11 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:46 pm

Looool are you f***ing sure, mate?

If you can't see how good he is but want to use stats as your reason why then that's your problem geeze.

Sickening stuff.
MesutOzil11
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:48 am

SchlandGooner wrote:
gooney wrote:I wanted him gone....but after his performance against derby u23 i think we have to keep him. That was world class

:rofll:
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Callum » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:33 am

SchlandGooner wrote:If he is a key player why did f.e. Walcott play more minutes for Arsenal as he did for Real last season?
And why is he hardly starting for Real?

because Real are the best team in the world and we're a bit shit
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:55 am

Isco is good but I wouldn't say he is a major player for Real, definitely a squad player, dependable with good technique. He doesn't score enough goals or get enough assists though. Industrious player that keeps the ball moving. More of a "meh" player for me, not sure how he would improve Arsenal, for example.

As for Jack Wilshere ..... I'm surprised this is still a discussion, guy has not improved in years, why does anyone think he will magically improve ? He was shite for Bournemouth.
Last edited by theHotHead on Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby EliteKiller » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:06 am

theHotHead wrote:Isco is good but I wouldn't say he is a major player for Real, definitely a squad player, dependable with good technique. He doesn't score enough goals or get enough assists though. Industrious player that keeps the ball moving. More of a "meh" player for me, not sure how he would improve Arsenal, for example.

Bit player? he's played nearly 200 games in his 4 years at RM ... he's won 11 trophies including 3 CL's ...

He'd improve on Aaron (148 games) Jack (68 games) Coq (90 games) just by turning up .....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby theHotHead » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:17 pm

EK, last season he started 18 LA Liga games, he had 29 starts for Real across ALL 6 competitions. He gets games but I think he is more of a squad player than a nailed on starter.

Offensively he would give more than Ramsey but Ramsey does more defensively - 2 different players. You can't compare to Coq et al because they are more defensive players. When its backs to the wall will Isco be crunching players and busting a gut to get back and defend ? No and you probably wouldn't want him to because thats not his game.

Jack and Coq are finished anyway, in my opinion, I don't see them usurping the current midfielders.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Zedie » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:48 pm

I see jack being given a chance to replace cazorla this season imo. If he can't do it now, he's gone in the summer.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:53 pm

Zedie wrote:I see jack being given a chance to replace cazorla this season imo. If he can't do it now, he's gone in the summer.

Cazorla's technique is right up there - behind only Messi. I would wish Wilshere could replicate him, but that's asking for too much.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Zedie » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:59 pm

Angelito wrote:
Zedie wrote:I see jack being given a chance to replace cazorla this season imo. If he can't do it now, he's gone in the summer.

Cazorla's technique is right up there - behind only Messi. I would wish Wilshere could replicate him, but that's asking for too much.

It is, but that's never stopped Wenger has it :dontknow:
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:43 pm

It would be a real nice time for Jack to live up to his expectations. I ain't holding my breath though, and hope Wenger ain't banking on it either.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby ArkGunner » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:02 pm

Jack's problem has always been that he ends up on the ground too much. He is always begging for fouls instead of taking hits and staying on his feet.
ArkGunner
Patrick Vieira

Postby theHotHead » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:21 pm

ArkGunner wrote:Jack's problem has always been that he ends up on the ground too much. He is always begging for fouls instead of taking hits and staying on his feet.

Thats harsh, Jack gets some strong tackles, you can't blame him for falling down. Half the time if you stay on your feet you get nothing from the ref too.

Jack should be bossing CM, he slows our play down too much though, my preference would be for him to play further forward because his turn of pace and drop of shoulder should be taken advantage of, he drifts past players so easily.

What a waste of talent he has become.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:44 pm

Lol, what? Jack's problem is the exact opposite of going down too much, he stays on his feet and tries to dribble through regardless and then gets mowed down by a stronger challenge....
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club