Super Jacky Wilshere

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Jack Wilshere (10)

Postby Losmeister » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:21 pm

it certainly would make a nice story... but it seems against the odds
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Jedi » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:20 pm

Back to worshiping players that didn't feature in the team for a long time i see

Wilsher/Nelson aren't better than the guys currently starting, especially Nelson. Give Wilshere 2 starts and 90% of the forum will be back to hating on him. Seen it happen with Theo, seen it happen with Welbeck, seen it happen countless of times. He's not our f***ing savior because he let a ball going his way continue on it's trajectory.

And really want to see Nelson start, who is currently Pele according to GoonersWorld, so that we can finally calm down and realize that he's not ready to get PL games yet. Capital One Cup or whatever the f**k it's called now is where this will happen i guess
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:21 pm

You support Walcott, pipe down
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Cripps » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:34 pm

GoonerAlexis wrote:You support Walcott, pipe down

Are you saying Jack is better?
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Nuggets » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:52 am

Another big test for him today, IF he gets the chance, I wish him a speedy recovery if he plays lol
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby BouncySean » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:32 am

I doubt he will play today check out his latest tweet.
BouncySean
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Nuggets » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:12 am

BouncySean wrote:I doubt he will play today check out his latest tweet.

Injured ? :hiding:
Nuggets

Postby Angelito » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:17 am

Interesting to see the twitter homepage of, "our own," Jack Wilshere as opposed to, "the other guy," Alexis Sanchez.

Says everything you need to know.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Mike Dean » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:35 am

Angelito wrote:

Interesting to see the twitter homepage of, "our own," Jack Wilshere as opposed to, "the other guy," Alexis Sanchez.

Says everything you need to know.

Lol... Wilshere...

When you have to remind people on Twitter that you are a "Professional Footballer"
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Cripps » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:10 pm

Midfielder Jack Wilshere, 25, wants West Ham to make another bid for him after failing to win back a first-team place at Arsenal. (Daily Star)

Lol
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Zenith » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:13 pm

Cripps wrote: (Daily Star)

Why would you read, nevermind believe a newspaper that makes its dime out of conjecture and fabrication?
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Goonerz » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:37 am

Mike Dean wrote:
Goonerz wrote:
Mike Dean wrote:
Sims wrote:His footballing intelligence on the ball and technique is still top notch. Everything else still meh

Still going in for 80/20 tackles the mong

How so? He loses the ball far too many times while trying to take on people when he should be going for a simple pass.

This is why we play the most dull and passive football recently.. We have players that would rather go for square / simple passes that other teams find so easy to defend against..

We need more of the likes of Sanchez / Wilshere / Reiss Nelson etc that will drive us forward, while doing that they are committing opposition players out of position. But just passing passing, simple pass, square pass, safe passes etc is so boring, predictable easy for our opponents to defend against.

But if you keep giving the ball away, then you are not very good at it. There is a time to take on players. Blindly running into a wall of three men is usually not the best option. Maybe we should get more players that can actually take players on without turning it over?

Besides, my response was to claim that he is a high IQ player with the ball, when clearly he is not if he gets himself into trouble.

I am tired of passive side ways, simple pass, square passing, safe passing kind of rubbish we now have, it gets so boring where you just sit back waiting for some excitement but end up with players not willing to take a chance or risk with their football / passing, they just seem to pass on the responsibility all the time. That is why Sanchez is applauded all the time, he is a headless chicken when it comes to passing, but he will keep trying and trying because he too gets tired of the passive style we keep playing.. Wilshere too can be a headless chicken when he runs into a brick of players but it won't stop him trying it again and again.. This is where leadership can be gauged..

I say, lets stop this boring passive, simple pass, side ways, square, low risk passing on responsibility kind of football. We need players to start challenging themselves and get out of their comfort zones for the first time..
New Day, New Era, New Start. Come On You The Arsenal.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Goonerz » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:51 am

Jedieurokrem wrote:Back to worshiping players that didn't feature in the team for a long time i see

Wilsher/Nelson aren't better than the guys currently starting, especially Nelson. Give Wilshere 2 starts and 90% of the forum will be back to hating on him. Seen it happen with Theo, seen it happen with Welbeck, seen it happen countless of times. He's not our f***ing savior because he let a ball going his way continue on it's trajectory.

And really want to see Nelson start, who is currently Pele according to GoonersWorld, so that we can finally calm down and realize that he's not ready to get PL games yet. Capital One Cup or whatever the f**k it's called now is where this will happen i guess

With the rubbish we have in our current squad, I don't think Wilshere could be any worse.. A fit and firing Wilshere can be more effective than all our current midfielders apart from Cazorla. That to me says a lot about the one dimensional squad..

I know he can be a bit gung ho sometimes but it helps us more times than not because he commits / and draws in opposition players with his sometimes blind ally style.. We need more players like that. Sanchez, Wilshere, young Nelson is not ready but I mean that style of direct attacking is needed at Arsenal...
New Day, New Era, New Start. Come On You The Arsenal.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Arsene Nose » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:38 am

Ran the show. Gem of a player.
Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Mike Dean » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:46 am

Arsene Nose wrote:Ran the show. Gem of a player.

It wasn't a good show.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club