Henrikh Mkhitaryan

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Henrikh Mkhitaryan (7)

Postby thebigbangtheo » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:20 pm

Pudpop wrote:No point selling him in Jan so I'm content to keep hoping he can pick up form.

Come on Mkhi, if you get it together we can really challenge!

I pretty much echo your sentiments.

Mkhitaryan is a quality player who is out of form and low on confidence. No one is more aware than him that he is nowhere near his mark and why he is working so hard to try and kick start his Arsenal career again. I know its kinda weird, but sometimes the harder you try the worse it actually gets.

Given that he arrived in the January transfer window, he hasn't even been with us a year let alone a full season.

I might be wrong and stand alone with my opinion, but for the couple of months prior to his injury he was our best player and adding another dimension to our play.

I also think that in the long run the decision to rush him back from that injury to take place in the semi-final against A.Madrid was a wrong one, and has played it's part in him being slow to recover his form.

So I am a little bit surprised that so many are overlooking his quality and are prepared to jettison him so soon.

With a fit and in-form Ozil, Mhkitaryan, Torreira, Guendouzi and Xhaka, we can at least sit down at the midfield poker table with the likes of City, Liverpool, United and Chelsea.
Last edited by thebigbangtheo on Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:00 am, edited 3 times in total.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Marsbar100 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:25 pm

I think he would only excel if ozil was out the team
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby CynicalGooner » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:46 pm

Marsbar100 wrote:I think he would only excel if ozil was out the team

Perhaps they are stepping on eachother's toes a bit but I think they can play well together. Mkhi is the best crosser in the squad so can do a job on the right. My only problem with him is how much money he's on. But then we are massively overpaying Ozil too.

Speaking of whom, the double standards in our fanbase at the moment is astounding. Ozil has been TRASH for most of his Arsenal career. That, in itself, is mental given his credentials and history prior to joining us. Yet he has a gaggle of white knight apologists defending him at every turn. As soon as he starts playing somewhere near the level he SHOULD be at, they start crowing about him being the GOAT lmfao. That's why I like Emery though. He knew that certain players were underperforming and is demanding more.
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Re: The positive energy thread

Postby udayaai » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:55 am

Miki is playing like Lukaku, tripped over with his own feet.

What's happening with him? Is he just low on confidence? He was our most reliable player before hand.

Is it just me or is our attack becoming too predictable, especially with the wingbacks.
udayaai
Liam Brady

Postby Luzh 22 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:53 am

Another that needs to be offloaded. Utd and everything that happened there + his mentality, finished his career.
"O Striker, Striker, why are you Striker?" - Arsene Nose 12/07/16
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby theHotHead » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:01 am

CynicalGooner wrote:
Marsbar100 wrote:I think he would only excel if ozil was out the team

Perhaps they are stepping on eachother's toes a bit but I think they can play well together. Mkhi is the best crosser in the squad so can do a job on the right. My only problem with him is how much money he's on. But then we are massively overpaying Ozil too.

Speaking of whom, the double standards in our fanbase at the moment is astounding. Ozil has been TRASH for most of his Arsenal career. That, in itself, is mental given his credentials and history prior to joining us. Yet he has a gaggle of white knight apologists defending him at every turn. As soon as he starts playing somewhere near the level he SHOULD be at, they start crowing about him being the GOAT lmfao. That's why I like Emery though. He knew that certain players were underperforming and is demanding more.

Yeah, the holder of the highest number of chances created in the Prem (from numerous independent stats) during his time at the club has been TRASH for most of his Arsenal career :rofll: :rofll:
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Re: The positive energy thread

Postby theHotHead » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:14 am

udayaai wrote:Miki is playing like Lukaku, tripped over with his own feet.

What's happening with him? Is he just low on confidence? He was our most reliable player before hand.

Is it just me or is our attack becoming too predictable, especially with the wingbacks.

HUH ??? When was Miki our most reliable player ? He has been pretty much shite since he came to Arsenal, so in a twist of what you are saying, Yes, he has been reliably shite !!
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:35 am

Get this trash receding hairlined f**k out of this club
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby EliteKiller » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:46 am

theHotHead wrote: Yeah, the holder of the highest number of chances created in the Prem (from numerous independent stats) during his time at the club has been TRASH for most of his Arsenal career :rofll: :rofll:

Eriksen overtook him on assist this weekend 52 to Ozil's 51 ... Eriksen has also got 41 goals to Ozil's 30 ... I think he's played a few games more but I know they both signed in 2013/14 ....

Hard to argue that the magical 'chances created' means more than actual assists and goals ....

Of course David Silva tops them both with 77 assists and 53 goals but then he has played three EPL seasons more ...

All a bit off topic as this is the Mkhi thread ....

So back to Mhki pretty sure it's all about confidence, at Utd and now at Arsenal he just looks to always be a yard off the pace of the game ... not so much physically but mentally ... he loses his man, he doesn't get open, he picks the wrong pass ... not 'terrible' but just not all that effective, a couple of times against B'mouth he was standing around looking like he'd completely zoned out ... weird ...

Get his head in the right place and there's a good player in there somewhere, Emery is certainly giving him every chance, but whilst we just about got away with it yesterday if he plays like that in the NLD when he's covering Dele, Son or Eriksen ... then that won't be good enough ...
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby theHotHead » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:28 pm

EK - semantics. The point is Ozil has stats comparable to the best so how anyone can say he has been trash for most of his Arsenal career is utter lunacy, unless the audience are lunatic asylum members, then the comment makes perfect sense.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Marsbar100 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:01 pm

He isn't the profile of winger we need, getting on and on big waves unless there is a rapid improvement he needs to be the first.one good in the summer
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100

Postby EliteKiller » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:10 pm

theHotHead wrote:EK - semantics. The point is Ozil has stats comparable to the best so how anyone can say he has been trash for most of his Arsenal career is utter lunacy, unless the audience are lunatic asylum members, then the comment makes perfect sense.

Agree 100% he's still arguably the best number 10 in the world ... we should have built a team around him but right now we just don't have the right players. I'm sure you will see Emery evolve from 3-4-3 back to 4-3-3 but to do that he needs a better CB and a better CM ... only then Ozil plays as a 10 and can once again show what he can do ....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:16 pm

Shithouse
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Nuggets » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:51 pm

Needs to go, as useful as tits on fish.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Losmeister » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:41 am

Nuggets wrote:Needs to go, as useful as tits on BULL.

thats better

as i sed, playing himself off the team...
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to World Football