Henrikh Mkhitaryan

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Henrikh Mkhitaryan (7)

Postby Goonerz » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:33 pm

I am absolutely disappointed with Mkhitaryan. The guy just seems to be on the beach earning more than £180,000 a week counting the days to his retirement at Arsenal.
I had high hopes for him.
Smh
New Day, New Era, New Start. Come On You The Arsenal.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Nuggets » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:34 pm

Goonerz wrote:I am absolutely disappointed with Mkhitaryan. The guy just seems to be on the beach earning more than £180,000 a week counting the days to his retirement at Arsenal.
I had high hopes for him.
Smh

Another Man U reject, the way he came to us I expected nothing so I am not really disappointed cos he has brought nothing.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Rockape » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:30 pm

Disappointed That Emery even played him! From his first kick he gave the ball away and then deteriorated!
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Roycck » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:12 pm

Need to get his shyt together if not sell and buy a right pacy winger.
Roycck
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby StLGooner » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:45 pm

Don't know what is up with Ozil, but if he's off to another team or not in Emery's first team plans then we need Miki to step up. I can't see us getting any good significant creative attacking player in January.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby HalHartley » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:48 pm

He was ok tonight
Last edited by HalHartley on Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
HalHartley
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Ach » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:07 am

Better than Iwobi

Set up the 2nd goal
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Jedi » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:14 am

That volley that was waved off was great too. Imagine Iwobi hitting an angle like that. Never gonna happen. He's got good technique and he can put in a good shift.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby EliteKiller » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:50 am

He's not an EPL top six starter ... and I doubt he ever will be ... the perfect chance to step up and he frankly didn't, moments of good stuff but vast amounts of average or poor ... we shouldn't be starting 2019/20 with Mkhi anymore than a fringe player, or better yet replaced ....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Fran Solo » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:45 am

EliteKiller wrote:He's not an EPL top six starter ... and I doubt he ever will be ... the perfect chance to step up and he frankly didn't, moments of good stuff but vast amounts of average or poor ... we shouldn't be starting 2019/20 with Mkhi anymore than a fringe player, or better yet replaced ....

No, right now he is not, but he could be.
He is technically good and he's not that old. Last night was not a bad performance from him, but still not good enough. Emery needs to do something fast. He and Ozil are technically the best that we have in the squad, but you know they need to step up fast. I mean really fast. It's been 6 months.

Anyway, I think selling him and Ozil will not be a good idea. Losing them and Ramsey in one season could be too much for Emery to handle.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Nuggets » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:50 am

Waste of space, sad when you must rely on this numpty.
Nuggets

Postby thebigbangtheo » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:52 pm

Unless I'm mistaken, it was mid to late January 2018 that we signed Mhkitaryan, so he's not been here a year yet.

Having admired him at Dortmund, I was amongst those excited at the prospect of getting him when it was revealed he was moving on and heading to the premier league.

That he was on record as being a fan of Arsenal and our style of play, whilst Wenger openly admitted that he was someone he'd like to work with, I thought it was in the bag that he was on his way to the Emirates.

That he rocked up at Old Trafford instead with money having apparently been the deciding factor, it's fair to say that I was more than a little bit dismayed, and ill will was wished upon him to an industrial level.

When he scored that scorpion kick, I almost managed to convince myself that he had just fallen over and produced a happy accident rather than made a conscious effort whilst stumbling, but begrudgingly I gave him the credit he was due. Thank god Giroud came along with an even better example to remove that bitter taste from my mouth.

I am only certain that the curse's I wished upon him on joining Utd are not responsible for his continued slump in form, because I am yet to win the lottery.

He has endured a hell of an 23 months by most people's standards, but most football fans have this perception that all players have to do is turn up and play with maximum effort and everything will be ok.

That he was a member of Mourinho's motley crew for any part of 2018 at all is enough to have poisoned the well, so here's hoping that 2019 will indeed be a happy new year for us and our Armenian in particular.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Nuggets » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:52 pm

thebigbangtheo wrote:Unless I'm mistaken, it was mid to late January 2018 that we signed Mhkitaryan, so he's not been here a year yet.

Having admired him at Dortmund, I was amongst those excited at the prospect of getting him when it was revealed he was moving on and heading to the premier league.

That he was on record as being a fan of Arsenal and our style of play, whilst Wenger openly admitted that he was someone he'd like to work with, I thought it was in the bag that he was on his way to the Emirates.

That he rocked up at Old Trafford instead with money having apparently been the deciding factor, it's fair to say that I was more than a little bit dismayed, and ill will was wished upon him to an industrial level.

When he scored that scorpion kick, I almost managed to convince myself that he had just fallen over and produced a happy accident rather than made a conscious effort whilst stumbling, but begrudgingly I gave him the credit he was due. Thank god Giroud came along with an even better example to remove that bitter taste from my mouth.

I am only certain that the curse's I wished upon him on joining Utd are not responsible for his continued slump in form, because I am yet to win the lottery.

He has endured a hell of an 23 months by most people's standards, but most football fans have this perception that all players have to do is turn up and play with maximum effort and everything will be ok.

That he was a member of Mourinho's motley crew for any part of 2018 at all is enough to have poisoned the well, so here's hoping that 2019 will indeed be a happy new year for us and our Armenian in particular.

If not lets hope he fecks off.
Nuggets

Postby Losmeister » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:19 pm

hes got another half season to do something...

otherwise reiss nelosn will pip him
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Ach » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:20 pm

He looked fine when he came on

Same as v Mancs
Ach
SE13
SE13