Henrikh Mkhitaryan

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Henrikh Mkhitaryan (on loan - AS Roma)

Postby indy23 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:17 pm

Martinelli was recently promoted to first team no? Can't be a coincidence. Him saka Nelson have opportunity. Have to show it on both sides ....
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Mike Dean » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:42 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:The man is gone ........ will the whining never end?

I wonder if Emery will be getting the blame for Mkhi's sh*t performances for Roma?

That is not whining. That's a legitimate concern.

Why would you risk an injury and a botched transfer/loan for less than 20 minutes of play when you had options on the team and bench??

That's just poor management.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:18 pm

So glad more deadwood has left the club.
However, it must be soul destroying fot the likes of Willock that such an awful player like Mihki was brought on against Spurs the day before he is shipped out.

What on earth was Emery doing? He must have known yesterday.

Perhaps this has somethign to do with it:
19-year-old midfielder Emile Smith Rowe will resume training with the Arsenal senior squad during the international break, with the injury he picked up over the weekend injury proving less serious than originally feared.

Smith-Rowe is already better than Mihkitarian.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:28 pm

That's the last of the Utd rejects gone. May there never be another in Arsenal colours again.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Ach » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:31 pm

We're getting Lingard.

I sense a disturbance in the force
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:56 pm

You mean Jesse "Young and Up-Coming" Lingard?

For perspective's sake, Lingard is older than Icardi.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby NovaGB » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:13 am

Its probably been mentioned but had no pc for a few days, but is nobody else a bit worried about only having 4 kids as our back up attacking options, i mean if 2 of our starters got injured we could be in deep shit.

I'm all for developing young talent but other than Nelson whos had a bit of first team experience, none of these kids are near ready.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby LMAO » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:59 am

Suprnova wrote:Its probably been mentioned but had no pc for a few days, but is nobody else a bit worried about only having 4 kids as our back up attacking options, i mean if 2 of our starters got injured we could be in deep shit.

I'm all for developing young talent but other than Nelson whos had a bit of first team experience, none of these kids are near ready.

Yeah, I get what you mean, but Mkhi has largely been ineffective and doesn't really offer anything positive to the team. His decline since his Shakhtar Donetsk and Dortmund days has been extreme.

Conventional wisdom says better the devil you know than the devil you don't, but in this case I'm willing to make an exception. I'd rather take a chance with hungry youngsters rather than persist with an older player who's mentally checked out for the most part.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby looper007 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:07 am

One of those players that just wasn't suited to the hustle and bustle of the Premier League. He's not the first or last oversea's footballer with a rep that will happen too.

I think a slower league like Germany and Italy will suit his style of play. I honestly think his failure at Utd just ripped his confidence apart as well, the Jose effect. U really thought a move to Arsenal and him teaming up with Auba would have been the push to get his career restarted. But nope, looked just as bad at Arsenal as he did at Utd. I wouldn't be surprised if he hits the ground running in Italy and gets his career restarted. He needed shipping out and we got him off the books for a season at least, up to the youngsters now to step up.
looper007
Michael Thomas

Postby StLGooner » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:54 am

Not that he's been any good, but don't really understand this move. We seem like we have less experience now and may be short a player or two. They're literally letting our squad depth go.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby UFGN » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:03 pm

StLGooner wrote:Not that he's been any good, but don't really understand this move. We seem like we have less experience now and may be short a player or two. They're literally letting our squad depth go.

Agreed to an extent

I agree with letting Mikki go but I think keeping Iwobi would have made sense, because he can cover wing and striker. Should have kept him if Eddie was going out on loan
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:06 pm

jayramfootball wrote:So glad more deadwood has left the club.
However, it must be soul destroying fot the likes of Willock that such an awful player like Mihki was brought on against Spurs the day before he is shipped out.

19-year-old midfielder Emile Smith Rowe will resume training with the Arsenal senior squad during the international break, with the injury he picked up over the weekend injury proving less serious than originally feared.

Willock isn't a winger though, and yes although he could of possibly filled in there, if he is so weak minded to be "soul destroyed" by Emery going with a senior in a must win game then that just sums up the issue with our wilted youth ........ fortunately, I have more faith in Willock's resolve than you obviously do.

He's not the one that got shipped out, Willock will be fine and has a place in this team this season.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:12 pm

UFGN wrote:
StLGooner wrote:Not that he's been any good, but don't really understand this move. We seem like we have less experience now and may be short a player or two. They're literally letting our squad depth go.

Agreed to an extent

I agree with letting Mikki go but I think keeping Iwobi would have made sense, because he can cover wing and striker. Should have kept him if Eddie was going out on loan

Yea I would have liked that better too.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:09 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:So glad more deadwood has left the club.

Willock isn't a winger though, and yes although he could of possibly filled in there, if he is so weak minded to be "soul destroyed" by Emery going with a senior in a must win game then that just sums up the issue with our wilted youth ........ fortunately, I have more faith in Willock's resolve than you obviously do.

He's not the one that got shipped out, Willock will be fine and has a place in this team this season.

Mihkitarian's not really a winger as such either. He prefers playing centrally.
More importantly, he's awful and was leaving the next day.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Santi » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:28 pm

He’s shite, glad he’s gone. Auba has his new buddy in Laca and whilst we’ve lost depth I’d rather give Nelson the minutes.
Santi
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to World Football