Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (15)

Postby Arsene Nose » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:56 pm

Pudpop wrote:
Arsene Nose wrote:
Pudpop wrote:
Brandon wrote:Wait until Iwobi hits the regression that so many of our younger players are known for.

Hopefully his formative years won't be with Wenger

Erm...his formative years? He's turning 21. I'd say his formative years have already been with Wenger.

Iwobi only joined the first team a year ago though. 22 and 23 are also important. A 2-year contract for Wenger means that Iwobi's career is ruined but if AW leaves now he still has a chance

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ardom.html
Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Pudpop » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:15 pm

gooney wrote:
Pudpop wrote:
Arsene Nose wrote:
Pudpop wrote:
Brandon wrote:Wait until Iwobi hits the regression that so many of our younger players are known for.

Hopefully his formative years won't be with Wenger

Erm...his formative years? He's turning 21. I'd say his formative years have already been with Wenger.

Iwobi only joined the first team a year ago though. 22 and 23 are also important. A 2-year contract for Wenger means that Iwobi's career is ruined but if AW leaves now he still has a chance

Wenger made iwobi.....hell before he was moved to first team, I never seen anyone say lets move him from the reserves. The guy came from nowhere and wenger is the one who saw his potential. I cant think of a single player wenger has ruined. I can mention 10 average talents that he has got more of than anyone expected

That's because you think of Ramsey, Wilshere and Chamberlain as average talents whereas I believe he's ruined their careers
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Angelito » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:20 pm

GoonerAlexis wrote:The man who developed Henry, Bergkamp, Fabregas, little Cesc, RVP is going to ruin Iwobi's career? You mad, fam? ARE YOU MAD?

Okay, let's do this:

Chamberlain, Ramsey, Wilshere, Gibbs, Theo, Denilson, Diaby, Merida, Jenkinson.

;)

I think under any other manager (Simeone, Klopp, Conte), the likes of Ramsey and Wilshere would have become world class.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:40 pm

Ramsey would have been shit under any manager.

Wilshere is limited.
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsene Nose » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:42 pm

Angelito wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:The man who developed Henry, Bergkamp, Fabregas, little Cesc, RVP is going to ruin Iwobi's career? You mad, fam? ARE YOU MAD?

Okay, let's do this:

;)

I think under any other manager (Simeone, Klopp, Conte), the likes of Ramsey and Wilshere would have become world class.

I don't see how you can blame Wenger for Wilshere's situation. He was spotted early brought through the ranks but physically could not handle it. People also have selective memories - the great Alex Ferguson could not get anything out of Ravel Morrison. Then you can just look over at Chelsea who have probably the best academy in the country but the last player they brought through was John Terry. City similarly could not get anything out of Sturidge either. The list goes on.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Pudpop » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:04 pm

Arsene Nose wrote:
Angelito wrote:

Okay, let's do this:

;)

I don't see how you can blame Wenger for Wilshere's situation. He was spotted early brought through the ranks but physically could not handle it. People also have selective memories - the great Alex Ferguson could not get anything out of Ravel Morrison. Then you can just look over at Chelsea who have probably the best academy in the country but the last player they brought through was John Terry. City similarly could not get anything out of Sturidge either. The list goes on.

You can blame Wenger because he overplayed a 19 year old to the point of wrecking his body.

He's doing the same thing with Bellerin now. His niggling injuries this season are not a coincidence
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:24 pm

Messi did it
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsene Nose » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:34 pm

GoonerAlexis wrote:Messi did it

And did Fabregas
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby gooney » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:35 pm

overplaying has ruined wilshere, being a r***rd has. if you think you are a hard man and want to keep clattering in people and holding the ball too long. then you deserve what you get. Just last year he said people tell me I shoudl change my style a bit to avoid injuries, but I would never do that as I wouldnt be the same. And lool at people acting like wilshere, ramsey and oz are some elite talents
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Arsene Nose » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:44 pm

Back to Ox. He'll run down his contract and leave. While we've been extending Mert and Caz, two players who will likely never kick a ball for us again, we havent even opened discussions with Ox.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Cripps » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:44 pm

Bye
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:32 pm

Arsene Nose wrote:Back to Ox. He'll run down his contract and leave.

Mashallah.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Losmeister » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:28 pm

gooney wrote:overplaying has ruined wilshere, being a r***rd has. if you think you are a hard man and want to keep clattering in people and holding the ball too long. then you deserve what you get. Just last year he said people tell me I shoudl change my style a bit to avoid injuries, but I would never do that as I wouldnt be the same. And lool at people acting like wilshere, ramsey and oz are some elite talents

this
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Santi » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:10 pm

Wenger only ruins older players by wasting them like Podolski and Arshavin. Can't think of a quality youngster which he's ruined the career of tbh.

Wilshere - injuries and lifestyle
Ramsey - broken leg and now ego
Ox - overrated and injuries
Walcott - always limited and injuries

Only problem is the club has kept injury prone players too long so we have to keep wondering 'what if' rather than just get rid and replace them with better and more robust players.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Big17 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:01 pm

Improving game by game. What an assist.

Didn't think we'd see him at CM again but he looks in completely control there.
Big17
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football