Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (15)

Postby Zedie » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:14 am

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
Mustafi wrote:
MesutOzil11 wrote:
Sims wrote:Bellerin is a better RWB than Ox tbh. Just hasn't had the game time to prove it

Don't know about that.

Bellerin looks a bit like Walcott when it comes to taking on his opponent these days. He tends to cut back in and pass the ball back. Atleast you know Ox will beat his man and do something with the ball.

QFT

I agree. To add Walcott plays higher up the pitch and can score goals while Bellerin more often than not hits straight at the man he is supposed to beat while crossing. Bellerin is more suited to a traditional full back role.

I have always rated Bellerin as a FB but the WB role demands more offensively and he needs to lift his game. Ox is clearly superior going forward than Bellerin because if his ability to take the defenders head on.

This in particular. Bellerin does struggle if he starts in tight spaces already high up the pitch. He can't rely on kick and run as much and is easier to pick off because of his standard dribbling. Ox positionally at the back is suspect, he does have a tendency to switch off on set pieces or phases involving our final third. However going forward he can kick and rush or close control out of tight spaces into open spaces or crossing position. If he's already further up the pitch he can do damage with his strength in the dribble and that burst of pace over the first 5 yards.

Ox for me is the better all rounder for me. He's turned 24 today, I really don't want to see him get past his injuries and hit his prime for someone else tbf, but if we bought in a top class replacement such as a kolasinac but for rwb, I could live with it.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:03 am

Ox is better going forward Bellerin is a better defender.

The role of a wing back is to get up and down, you need to be able to defend and attack, no point being all attack if you can't defend for shit. Just because Moses plays wingback that doesn't mean he is good at it.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:33 am

Zedie wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
Mustafi wrote:
MesutOzil11 wrote:
Sims wrote:Bellerin is a better RWB than Ox tbh. Just hasn't had the game time to prove it

Don't know about that.

Bellerin looks a bit like Walcott when it comes to taking on his opponent these days. He tends to cut back in and pass the ball back. Atleast you know Ox will beat his man and do something with the ball.

QFT

I agree. To add Walcott plays higher up the pitch and can score goals while Bellerin more often than not hits straight at the man he is supposed to beat while crossing. Bellerin is more suited to a traditional full back role.

I have always rated Bellerin as a FB but the WB role demands more offensively and he needs to lift his game. Ox is clearly superior going forward than Bellerin because if his ability to take the defenders head on.

This in particular. Bellerin does struggle if he starts in tight spaces already high up the pitch. He can't rely on kick and run as much and is easier to pick off because of his standard dribbling. Ox positionally at the back is suspect, he does have a tendency to switch off on set pieces or phases involving our final third. However going forward he can kick and rush or close control out of tight spaces into open spaces or crossing position. If he's already further up the pitch he can do damage with his strength in the dribble and that burst of pace over the first 5 yards.

Ox for me is the better all rounder for me. He's turned 24 today, I really don't want to see him get past his injuries and hit his prime for someone else tbf, but if we bought in a top class replacement such as a kolasinac but for rwb, I could live with it.

I would be irritated no end if he goes elsewhere and becomes a player he threatened to be here.

He hasn't been consistent with us but he has found a new lease of life in our new formation. If it was up to me i would give him a decent financial incentive to stick with us because football is as much about building on what you have as much as it is about adding new recruits. The new player coming in may settle in quickly like Kolasinac has or he may take good part of the season to do so. I don't know i feel we have enough money to give him a decent raise[not ridiculous] and tie him to a long term deal. If he fails to develop like we want to, we can sell him at a good price next summer
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby EliteKiller » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:17 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote: I would be irritated no end if he goes elsewhere and becomes a player he threatened to be here.

He hasn't been consistent with us but he has found a new lease of life in our new formation. If it was up to me i would give him a decent financial incentive to stick with us because football is as much about building on what you have as much as it is about adding new recruits. The new player coming in may settle in quickly like Kolasinac has or he may take good part of the season to do so. I don't know i feel we have enough money to give him a decent raise[not ridiculous] and tie him to a long term deal. If he fails to develop like we want to, we can sell him at a good price next summer

You forget that we have repeatedly offered him a new contract and he's refused to sign ... like Alexis and Mezut he holds all the cards ... he can demand silly money or leave on a free in 12 months .... the story is his agent wants 150k a week .... that's more than all but the top 2% in the EPL, is Ox seriously in the top 2%?

If we do give him a five year mega contract we may be stuck with him on stupid money .. it's not like we haven't done that before ....
Last edited by EliteKiller on Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:18 pm

What potential has he threatened to show ffs? He's been here for years and has less goals than Koscielny over the same period.
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Fenice » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:04 pm

EliteKiller wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote: I would be irritated no end if he goes elsewhere and becomes a player he threatened to be here.

You forget that we have repeatedly offered him a new contract and he's refused to sign ... like Alexis and Mezut he holds all the cards ... he can demand silly money or leave on a free in 12 months .... the story is his agent wants 150k a week .... that's more than all but the top 2% in the EPL, is Ox seriously in the top 2%?

If we do give him a five year mega contract we may be stuck with him on stupid money .. it's not like we haven't done that before ....

Bottom line right there.
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:23 pm

Fenice wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:

Bottom line right there.

When it comes to average players who refuse to leave because they are on high wages, the way I see it is that at least we won't have to worry about squad depth :hiding: Instead of forcing these players into the starting eleven due to the fact they're on high wages, bench them for refusing to take a pay cut. Then go out and buy players who will better fill the hole left by benching the overpaid player.
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby theHotHead » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:28 pm

GoonerAlexis wrote:What potential has he threatened to show ffs? He's been here for years and has less goals than Koscielny over the same period.

Yup, I've not seen any of this potential. Half a dozen good games toward the end of last season cuts no ice.

He has been shite in the middle and shite as a winger, not sure why anyone thinks he has come of age as a wing back.

Yes he has tools but more often than not he has no end product. I saw a video of him messing around firing long range shots with such accuracy I could not believe he was not starting for Arsenal more often, but when he does play his shooting is crap. I just don't see what Ox brings to the table.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Fenice » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:30 pm

CrimsonGunner11 wrote:
Fenice wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:

Bottom line right there.

When it comes to average players who refuse to leave because they are on high wages, the way I see it is that at least we won't have to worry about squad depth :hiding: Instead of forcing these players into the starting eleven due to the fact they're on high wages, bench them for refusing to take a pay cut. Then go out and buy players who will better fill the hole left by benching the overpaid player.

Will never happen under Wenger that's why we need them gone.
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:35 pm

theHotHead wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:What potential has he threatened to show ffs? He's been here for years and has less goals than Koscielny over the same period.

Yup, I've not seen any of this potential. Half a dozen good games toward the end of last season cuts no ice.

He has been shite in the middle and shite as a winger, not sure why anyone thinks he has come of age as a wing back.

Yes he has tools but more often than not he has no end product. I saw a video of him messing around firing long range shots with such accuracy I could not believe he was not starting for Arsenal more often, but when he does play his shooting is crap. I just don't see what Ox brings to the table.

35 million for him is the best deal we can get for him. Get rid of him now, and get in someone else

Hell, we could get Mahrez for 35 million
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Skeelman » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:55 pm

I do like some things about the Ox but he has a touch of the vacant about him, not totally unlike Barkley. Don't get me wrong,he's nowhere near in Barkley's league of "the lights are on but no-ones at home" but he does share that trait in that when he has any time at all to think, things tend to go wrong. His best bits, like Barkley's tend to be high speed instinct type moves. They're fantastic when they come off but those players can be really frustrating when they have even a little time on the ball. He actually seems like a really nice guy and I regret a bit describing him like I have but I'd push Chelsea up a bit and take 40/45m for him. I don't think he'll become " THE English player that people talk about in 2-3 years"
Skeelman
Liam Brady

Postby island_gunner » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:17 pm

EliteKiller wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:I despise Bellerin but he's probably better than this guy. Dude probably has more assists as well

Bellerin is a competent FB in a flat back four, when the job is to defend and not have to go forward much he's very tidy, however when asked to play as a wing-back he struggles ... he can't beat a man either with a dribble or a cross, the number of times his attempted crosses hit the defender is incredible ... as we saw last season when ho does get forward he starts to make mistakes defending, he wasn't helped by the constant changes at CB ,....

My bigger concern with Bellerin is attitude, Barca didn't like what they saw, and lately he's become a walking ego ... whatever you think about the Ox's ability you can't deny the lad puts in a shift ... I used to think the same about Bellerin but when the going got tough last year his performance fell off a cliff ...

I'd take Ox over Bellerin ... but in truth I'd prefer a decent wing-back transfer-in over both off them ...

This is basically my take as well, both guys are flawed players and a prototypical wing back signing would be ideal but Bellerin easily "annoys" me more than Ox so of those two I rather Ox starts.
island_gunner
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Nuggets » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:38 pm

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain wants £150,000 a week to stay at Arsenal amid Chelsea transfer links.

Well off you go then, he is not worth that much per week!!
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Dejan » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:45 pm

Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby yadunoe » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:04 pm

Nuggets wrote:Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain wants £150,000 a week to stay at Arsenal amid Chelsea transfer links.

Well off you go then, he is not worth that much per week!!

We should try to get Willian from chelsea. Give them the ox and 20 mill for Willian and play him as wingback
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football