Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (15)

Postby MesutOzil11 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:41 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Zedie wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:To me Ox is first choice RWB so I don’t understand why we’re entertaining selling him when we finally have a position for him. If Ox doesn’t want to stay then fair enough. Otherwise, selling him would mean (at least imo) that we’ve just lowered the quality of our first team. Unless someone like Nelson can truly play the rwb position well and is ready to step up then i don't see the point in selling ox. we’d need to buy a RWB better than Ox and, ideally, for less than whatever we get from Chelsea if nelson isn't better at ox in this position

This. Ox is a fantastic rwb, the best we have at the club. He's only 24 and has bags of potential ahead of him. I genuinely think people have been hating for so long, they can't recognise value in him for the team now.

Need to get gelson in for him if he's not sticking around.

Those 2 comments are opposing if you ask me.

A fantastic RWB ? Hell no. The best we have at the club ? Very probably, but when you don't have any decent wingers its not difficult. I don't think it will be difficult to replace him at all. He is "ok" going forwards and dog shit defending. Chelsea converted Moses who was an offensive player forced to track back - which he did atrociously at times - but got plaudits because Conte seemingly found a role for him. The same goes for Ox but in the great scheme of proper wingbacks Ox is below average.

You don't have to be a great defender to be able to play wingback because of the three defenders in behind you.

Moses, Alonso, Walker, Cuadrado are all proof of that.
MesutOzil11
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Sims » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:07 pm

Bellerin is a better RWB than Ox tbh. Just hasn't had the game time to prove it
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby MesutOzil11 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:14 pm

Sims wrote:Bellerin is a better RWB than Ox tbh. Just hasn't had the game time to prove it

Don't know about that.

Bellerin looks a bit like Walcott when it comes to taking on his opponent these days. He tends to cut back in and pass the ball back. Atleast you know Ox will beat his man and do something with the ball.
MesutOzil11
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby arsenalpan » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:17 pm

Sims wrote:Bellerin is a better RWB than Ox tbh. Just hasn't had the game time to prove it

No way. Bellerin has no ball control at all. The only thing he is good at is running. OX can beat 3 guys in a row and run the ball to the final third by himself. Bellerin will lose the ball in our half which will make our CM/DM so frustrated.
arsenalpan
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby ESR10 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:18 pm

MesutOzil11 wrote:

Don't know about that.

Bellerin looks a bit like Walcott when it comes to taking on his opponent these days. He tends to cut back in and pass the ball back. Atleast you know Ox will beat his man and do something with the ball.

QFT
ESR10
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner

Postby Sims » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:27 pm

Think it's a confidence thing with Hector. He was playing with an injury for a long time and hadn't had a run of starts for a while

Few more games and he'll be up to speed, he was always willing to take on players at will up til he got injured
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:05 pm

I despise Bellerin but he's probably better than this guy. Dude probably has more assists as well
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:06 pm

I'm just afraid of getting rid of any players now cause I don't feel like we'll replace any. That's where my mind is at.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby starmandb » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:11 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:If Chamberlain left today, his most memorable Arsenal moment would be the handball against Chelsea.

His opening goal v Liverpool in the fa cup we went on to win that year
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby gooney » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:26 pm

We are sinking bit by bit as a club every year. We are now happy to keep trash like ox one year and let him see out his contract while he audition for other clubs. Knowing how incompetent the ugly frog we have as manager. He will bench bellerin for this clown. P1ss bellerin of while mr attribute walks out on him for free
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Callum » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:30 pm

gooney wrote:We are sinking bit by bit as a club every year. We are now happy to keep trash like ox one year and let him see out his contract while he audition for other clubs. Knowing how incompetent the ugly frog we have as manager. He will bench bellerin for this clown. P1ss bellerin of while mr attribute walks out on him for free

Wenger is a hottie.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby yadunoe » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:54 am

We should sell ox to chelsea and Alexis and ozil if he doesn't want to sign I never thought its a smart idea u either sign or you leave we should of sold theese guys last year and bought replacements. But this club isn't compotent .I've been hearing ozil close to signing for months but he hasn't signed why not
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby EliteKiller » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:57 am

Ox wants 150k a week ... that's insane for an average player ... he won't get that if Chelski have to pay 35m but if they get him on a 'free' in 12 months then the wages are easy ...

Just shows the negotiating power a player has when his contract has run down .... doh ...
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:46 am

Mustafi wrote:
MesutOzil11 wrote:

Don't know about that.

QFT

I agree. To add Walcott plays higher up the pitch and can score goals while Bellerin more often than not hits straight at the man he is supposed to beat while crossing. Bellerin is more suited to a traditional full back role.

I have always rated Bellerin as a FB but the WB role demands more offensively and he needs to lift his game. Ox is clearly superior going forward than Bellerin because if his ability to take the defenders head on.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby EliteKiller » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:27 am

GoonerAlexis wrote:I despise Bellerin but he's probably better than this guy. Dude probably has more assists as well

Bellerin is a competent FB in a flat back four, when the job is to defend and not have to go forward much he's very tidy, however when asked to play as a wing-back he struggles ... he can't beat a man either with a dribble or a cross, the number of times his attempted crosses hit the defender is incredible ... as we saw last season when ho does get forward he starts to make mistakes defending, he wasn't helped by the constant changes at CB ,....

My bigger concern with Bellerin is attitude, Barca didn't like what they saw, and lately he's become a walking ego ... whatever you think about the Ox's ability you can't deny the lad puts in a shift ... I used to think the same about Bellerin but when the going got tough last year his performance fell off a cliff ...

I'd take Ox over Bellerin ... but in truth I'd prefer a decent wing-back transfer-in over both off them ...
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football