Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (15)

Postby CaptGooner » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:04 pm

Arsene Nose wrote:People have got their heads turned by the fact that he performed decently as wing back for about a month. Firstly, that's not the position he wants to play, and secondly I don't see Wenger sticking with 343 for long. Sell him and get it over with. He never developed into the player we thought and like Theo he's not going to get any better.

Take the money from Chelsea and run. I think he's asking over 100k per week if reports are true?
CaptGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby elkanofan » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:21 pm

Ox is like Welbeck for me.

Likeable guy and would be a great squad player if he accepts hes not very good but if he thinks hes better than he is currently just cash in!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby gooney » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:57 pm

he will never plau central midfield for chelsea....he is a wing back now and will compete with moses. He is better attacker....moses is better defender.
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Yago » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:59 pm

you saying that like it's more than a garbage rumour we haven't heard anything about in a while
Yago
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:23 pm

His lack of intelligence and end product is shocking.

What was he trying to do in that five minute segment around minute 70 where he started shooting at everything while playing right back in a top 4 and streaming forward? He's nowhere near good enough to shoot from those distances, and all of his shots were all around the ground and easily cleared, but he kept repeating this idiocy and even Walcott tried this moronic idiocy
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Kite33 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:27 pm

Unlucky today but for me he must start in bellerins position he is twice the player bellerin is. He never gave up today and i believe in this guy
Kite33
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Zedie » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:31 pm

Thought he played really well today tbh. He tracked back well, beat multiple players multiple times on both wings and was spreading play brilliantly. He was a bit selfish at times but I'm not going to stress over one of ours hitting shots from range given the parked bus we were facing for the majority.

Not sure how he's getting criticised for his performance, he played really well in general.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:33 pm

Zedie wrote:Thought he played really well today tbh. He tracked back well, beat multiple players multiple times on both wings and was spreading play brilliantly. He was a bit selfish at times but I'm not going to stress over one of ours hitting shots from range given the parked bus we were facing for the majority.

Not sure how he's getting criticised for his performance, he played really well in general.

Misjudged passes, and lack of end product tbh. He didn't do anything effectively today, he was sort of solid, but then that's also down to Kolasinac helping him out, instead of having Holding to back him up
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:09 am

End product was horrible as usual but he had some skillful runs and midfield play, thought he played well defensively today minus a couple mistakes, which for an attacking player is pretty good.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Zedie » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:47 am

His end product really wasn't that bad imo. He had a shot across goal that could have crept in or been poked home by 2 players, his distribution kept us moving forward for the most part and he kept beating players and passing off.

If Leicester hadnt have packed their own area with their first team for most of the match, it would have been easier for him to produce from out wide or deeper.

We only had giroud to aim at in the box after the 78th minute, it's not like we had that much of a chance to beat 11 men in the box in the air before then.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Callum » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:03 am

I thought he had a good game. There was that one terrible shot people will focus on but he was constantly driving forward and a real threat down the wing. His crossing also wasn't too bad today either given he was on the left side.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby EliteKiller » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:57 am

This was everything on show from the Ox ... put in a great shift and never stopped running, not afraid to have a shot, always looking to attack, was combative and dribbled the ball well ... but ... defensive positioning was awful, couldn't hit a barn door, completed just 74% of his passes ....

Against an average side, and let's be honest Leicester are not good, he was very good, probably our most productive player ... however play like that against a top side and we'd be in big trouble ....

That's Ox all over .....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby gooney » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:34 am

if he and kola plays on the wing i really think kola will get more goals and assists
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Callum » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:57 am

gooney wrote:if he and kola plays on the wing i really think kola will get more goals and assists

That's because Kolasinac is a Bosnian God though.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby gooney » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:31 am

Callum wrote:
gooney wrote:if he and kola plays on the wing i really think kola will get more goals and assists

That's because Kolasinac is a Bosnian God though.

partly....but its also because ox has no end product. He does some good things, but they dont lead to nothing
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football