Re: Theo Walcott announces retirement from football

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Theo Walcott (14)

Postby theHotHead » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:37 am

Cripps wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Cripps wrote:Only player we have that doesn't accept the pass pass pass crap we play.

Willing to run in behind hoping against all hope he will get a pass but look at our CMs, santi, Xhaka, elneny 3 players who can't pass forward. And thus Theo is caught offside cos the timing of the pass is shit.

Only because he has no footballing brain whatsoever. I bet he is the last pick when it comes to playing 5-a-side or 2 touch.

He's not useless, far from it, but when he is not scoring he is absolute shit and you don't even know he is playing. What do you do, you you play him and get an average goal return with half the games played as Mr Anonymous or do you admit defeat and get someone with more ability who doesn't go missing for long periods ?

Again this lack of footballing bran crap is something Hansen said and which he apologised for but it stuck.

Anyone who's seen him play, seen him make the runs he does, the space he makes for other players, arguably the brightest player we have. But people believe the media over what's actually going on on the pitch

It was Chris Waddle and he was spot on with his analysis.
Taken from the following link: https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/theo-walcott-has-no-football-brain-says-chris-waddle-6735482.html

"Waddle has serious concerns about Walcott's development, and the 49-year-old former England winger, who won 62 caps and helped Bobby Robson's team reach the 1990 World Cup semi-finals, criticised the young Gunner's knowledge of how to fill a wide role.

"People keep saying he's young but Wayne Rooney understood the game at 16, 17," Waddle said.

"I've never seen any difference in Theo Walcott since he was at Southampton and broke into the team at a very young age.

"I've never seen him develop. He just doesn't understand the game for me - where to be running, when to run inside a full-back, (when to) just play a one-two."

Speaking on BBC Radio Five Live, Waddle said: "It's all off the cuff.

"The ball comes to him and if he gets a good first touch he might be on his way if he shows pace. But he has a plan in his mind before the ball comes to him.

"He's not looking as if to think, 'This is where I want to be, this is where I want to go, and this is what I'm going to do'.

"People keep saying to me, 'Oh he's young and he'll learn'.

"I keep thinking, 'Fabregas has learnt and he's young, Rooney has learnt... they all read the game so well'.

"I just don't think he's got a football brain and he's going to have problems.

"Eventually he could play up front but would he know where to run? Let's be honest, good defenders would catch him offside every time.

"I just don't know whether he studies the game, learns the game, or what. He's at a great club where they play fantastic football week-in, week-out, and I'm just surprised he's never developed his game."

Theo does make some good runs, but the argument that he is offside because people are too slow to pass him the ball is crap. The law of averages dictates if you make enough runs you will be onside for a few of them which will make it look like - a good run. How can people say players are slow to pass the ball to him when his principle creator for the past 4 seasons has been Mesut Ozil, one of the best at what he does in the entire world !

Theo cannot play "pass pass pass" football because of his lack of footballing brain, but he can run and finish when he doesn't need to think about it .
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Nuggets » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:30 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Cripps wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Cripps wrote:Only player we have that doesn't accept the pass pass pass crap we play.

Willing to run in behind hoping against all hope he will get a pass but look at our CMs, santi, Xhaka, elneny 3 players who can't pass forward. And thus Theo is caught offside cos the timing of the pass is shit.

Only because he has no footballing brain whatsoever. I bet he is the last pick when it comes to playing 5-a-side or 2 touch.

He's not useless, far from it, but when he is not scoring he is absolute shit and you don't even know he is playing. What do you do, you you play him and get an average goal return with half the games played as Mr Anonymous or do you admit defeat and get someone with more ability who doesn't go missing for long periods ?

Again this lack of footballing bran crap is something Hansen said and which he apologised for but it stuck.

Anyone who's seen him play, seen him make the runs he does, the space he makes for other players, arguably the brightest player we have. But people believe the media over what's actually going on on the pitch

It was Chris Waddle and he was spot on with his analysis.
Taken from the following link: https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/theo-walcott-has-no-football-brain-says-chris-waddle-6735482.html

"Waddle has serious concerns about Walcott's development, and the 49-year-old former England winger, who won 62 caps and helped Bobby Robson's team reach the 1990 World Cup semi-finals, criticised the young Gunner's knowledge of how to fill a wide role.

"People keep saying he's young but Wayne Rooney understood the game at 16, 17," Waddle said.

"I've never seen any difference in Theo Walcott since he was at Southampton and broke into the team at a very young age.

"I've never seen him develop. He just doesn't understand the game for me - where to be running, when to run inside a full-back, (when to) just play a one-two."

Speaking on BBC Radio Five Live, Waddle said: "It's all off the cuff.

"The ball comes to him and if he gets a good first touch he might be on his way if he shows pace. But he has a plan in his mind before the ball comes to him.

"He's not looking as if to think, 'This is where I want to be, this is where I want to go, and this is what I'm going to do'.

"People keep saying to me, 'Oh he's young and he'll learn'.

"I keep thinking, 'Fabregas has learnt and he's young, Rooney has learnt... they all read the game so well'.

"I just don't think he's got a football brain and he's going to have problems.

"Eventually he could play up front but would he know where to run? Let's be honest, good defenders would catch him offside every time.

"I just don't know whether he studies the game, learns the game, or what. He's at a great club where they play fantastic football week-in, week-out, and I'm just surprised he's never developed his game."

Theo does make some good runs, but the argument that he is offside because people are too slow to pass him the ball is crap. The law of averages dictates if you make enough runs you will be onside for a few of them which will make it look like - a good run. How can people say players are slow to pass the ball to him when his principle creator for the past 4 seasons has been Mesut Ozil, one of the best at what he does in the entire world !

Theo cannot play "pass pass pass" football because of his lack of footballing brain, but he can run and finish when he doesn't need to think about it .

:clap: :clap:
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Zenith » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:06 pm

Disappointing first 45, but much sharper in the second half. Can't fault his input today.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Cripps » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:08 pm

Another assist

Hes producing
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:08 pm

Was offside a lot, but helped in the goal, can't complain
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Kite33 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:11 pm

At least he can tell his kids he was involved in one of the best goals ever. Thanks to giroud. Good assist
Kite33
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Nuggets » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:13 pm

Kite33 wrote:At least he can tell his kids he was involved in one of the best goals ever. Thanks to giroud. Good assist

:rofll:
Nuggets

Postby Cripps » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:04 pm

Walcott has been directly involved in four goals in his past four European appearances for Arsenal (three goals, one assist).

Walcott's assist was his 11th for Giroud in all competitions; only Mesut Ozil has provided more assists for the Frenchman (15).
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby starmandb » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:24 pm

Kite33 wrote:At least he can tell his kids he was involved in one of the best goals ever. Thanks to giroud. Good assist

Add to the one he scored v Newcastle before his kids were born to secure his hat trick
Wilshere was involved in that goal as well
Either side of that was a brace from giroud
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby gooney » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:25 pm

f he plays like he did today....then he is worth his 140k a week. Very impressive performance
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Kite33 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:39 pm

starmandb wrote:

Add to the one he scored v Newcastle before his kids were born to secure his hat trick
Wilshere was involved in that goal as well
Either side of that was a brace from giroud

Great thanks brother i forgot this one.
Kite33
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:54 am

One against Chelsea too, ended a certain Judas's career
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby ALLCAPS_ » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:21 pm

Guy doesn't give a shit about his lack of minutes. Used to love the guy but it feels like he has no passion for the game these days.
ALLCAPS_
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby gooney » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:29 pm

ALLCAPS_ wrote:Guy doesn't give a shit about his lack of minutes. Used to love the guy but it feels like he has no passion for the game these days.

these days? Why do you think I have hated him since 2009? I have mentioned many times the day I started to hate him and it was in 2009 when him and diaby worked with some kids playing football and something he said being interviewed made me hate him forever. he was asked who has the most moves in the team and he said diaby has surprisingly make moves, but for me my game is not about moves. I dont work on them like other players. We were talking about possible the fastest player in the world at that time playing as a winger who couldnt dribble. You would think he would say I am so fast if I can learn couple of moves to create space for myself. My pace will be even more useful. But nope....he never added anything to his game dribbling wise. He never striked me as someone passionate about the game. I mean he is the opposite to sanchez......the man gets frustrated being subbed last 5 mins when the match is decided. But walcott has never complained about not playing. In fact he missed out on a world cup because of losing his place last 5 months and showed zero reaction
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Nuggets » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:05 pm

gooney wrote:
ALLCAPS_ wrote:Guy doesn't give a shit about his lack of minutes. Used to love the guy but it feels like he has no passion for the game these days.

these days? Why do you think I have hated him since 2009? I have mentioned many times the day I started to hate him and it was in 2009 when him and diaby worked with some kids playing football and something he said being interviewed made me hate him forever. he was asked who has the most moves in the team and he said diaby has surprisingly make moves, but for me my game is not about moves. I dont work on them like other players. We were talking about possible the fastest player in the world at that time playing as a winger who couldnt dribble. You would think he would say I am so fast if I can learn couple of moves to create space for myself. My pace will be even more useful. But nope....he never added anything to his game dribbling wise. He never striked me as someone passionate about the game. I mean he is the opposite to sanchez......the man gets frustrated being subbed last 5 mins when the match is decided. But walcott has never complained about not playing. In fact he missed out on a world cup because of losing his place last 5 months and showed zero reaction

Thats because he is sh1te ;) ;)
Nuggets

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club