Are the fans letting the team down?

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Are the fans letting the team down?

Postby greengoonerie » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:48 pm

greengoonerie wrote:This thread is a year old, and I will repeat what I said a year ago.

Both the team and the manager are letting the fans down.

Another year on....

....still the same.....

:BangHead: :BangHead:
greengoonerie
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby diesel » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:43 pm

coach8smallball wrote:
starmandb wrote:
starmandb wrote:
starmandb wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:Anyone who doesn't sing doesn't truly support the team.

Sorry mate but that is nonsense
My 86 year old uncle still goes I don't know what he was like in the 30,s when he 1st started going and when he was a young man but in the 70,s 80,s and now whenever I have been with him he doesn't sing
Same for my mate who died of cancer last year
He was going from the late 50,s and while sitting there watching him wasting away to that terrible illness his concern was that we were going to win the league and he would not be alive to see it
Both of them have an inner passion for the club that exists way beyond a few chosen stand up if you hate tottenhams to play to the gallery
Me I'm a bit of a singer now but I don't remember doing it so much at highbury
A supporter is a supporter is a supporter and our own fans looking at reasons to denigrate our own fantastic fans is a bit disturbing

See above
It was bollocks then
Still remains bollocks
We have fantastic fans
I am proud to be one
Always have been

See above above again
It's my uncles 88 th birthday today
He still leaves the singing to billie holiday

it's stuff like this that warm the heart.

Sharman I love your posts that I could cry. I'm in my early 50s. I go to every home game and nearly every away with my sons (they're 20 and 16) and we are utterly consumed with arsenal. E sing our hearts out at every game. My grandads, dad, uncle aunts brother were all Somers town and I grew up with stories of arsenal of old and then stood tea bar on north bank near west stand then schoolboys then north bank then clock end 70s and 80s. Like many on here I love our arsenal with a passion that is bordering on insanity and love memories of chapel street market on cup final day as a toddler, schoolboy enclosure and getting away programmes in gardens before home games before progressing to be in 80s goon squad going everywhere. This is the greatest club in the world and I just wish a could find ourselves again. Although I wish everyone was a singer cos I think it would make a difference I respect fans right not to. Although we had frequent shot atmosphere at old place it always felt like it could kick off explosive at any time. Now? I don't know. I really just think enough care any more and it is totally, totally heartbreaking
diesel
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby diesel » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:44 pm

diesel wrote:
coach8smallball wrote:
starmandb wrote:
starmandb wrote:
starmandb wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:Anyone who doesn't sing doesn't truly support the team.

Sorry mate but that is nonsense
My 86 year old uncle still goes I don't know what he was like in the 30,s when he 1st started going and when he was a young man but in the 70,s 80,s and now whenever I have been with him he doesn't sing
Same for my mate who died of cancer last year
He was going from the late 50,s and while sitting there watching him wasting away to that terrible illness his concern was that we were going to win the league and he would not be alive to see it
Both of them have an inner passion for the club that exists way beyond a few chosen stand up if you hate tottenhams to play to the gallery
Me I'm a bit of a singer now but I don't remember doing it so much at highbury
A supporter is a supporter is a supporter and our own fans looking at reasons to denigrate our own fantastic fans is a bit disturbing

See above
It was bollocks then
Still remains bollocks
We have fantastic fans
I am proud to be one
Always have been

See above above again
It's my uncles 88 th birthday today
He still leaves the singing to billie holiday

it's stuff like this that warm the heart.

Sharman I love your posts that I could cry. I'm in my early 50s. I go to every home game and nearly every away with my sons (they're 20 and 16) and we are utterly consumed with arsenal. E sing our hearts out at every game. My grandads, dad, uncle aunts brother were all Somers town and I grew up with stories of arsenal of old and then stood tea bar on north bank near west stand then schoolboys then north bank then clock end 70s and 80s. Like many on here I love our arsenal with a passion that is bordering on insanity and love memories of chapel street market on cup final day as a toddler, schoolboy enclosure and getting away programmes in gardens before home games before progressing to be in 80s goon squad going everywhere. This is the greatest club in the world and I just wish a could find ourselves again. Although I wish everyone was a singer cos I think it would make a difference I respect fans right not to. Although we had frequent shot atmosphere at old place it always felt like it could kick off explosive at any time. Now? I don't know. I really just think enough care any more and it is totally, totally heartbreaking

*sorry starman, not sharman
diesel
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby starmandb » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:40 pm

No problem mate
Yes crepe paper red and white and tin foil fa cups all over Islington
Nan cheering us on but not realising we are in yellow( Liverpool in the red)
I gave up my season ticket a few years ago
I intend to go back on the waiting list when he goes
I have a silver membership in my sons name
I have had a tough year in the taxi so I have not been going this season and the sad thing is mate I have not missed it anywhere near as much as I thought
I had a determination for our move to the Emirates not to change habits
But the total disregard that wenger ( and by the fact that he is still in situ) the board etc have shown towards the fan has made this something I have never known at the arsenal in 47 years of match going.
I will support the arsenal as long as there is breath in my body but I can't get full square behind this regime any longer.
I totally respect you for match going and the refusal to let our arsenal die
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Angelito » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:52 am

Fans Out! Wenger In, Board In.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Denis_E » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:20 pm

This thread was a gem, always love when it's bumped this time of year lol
'A friend to all is a friend to none'
Denis_E
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby chilon » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:45 am

Yes they are.

By not protesting and being apathetic corporate customers, many fans are indeed letting the team and club down.
#WEXIT
chilon
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby MecurialGooner » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:18 am

chilon wrote:Yes they are.

By not protesting and being apathetic corporate customers, many fans are indeed letting the team and club down.
MecurialGooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby tufnelltoughie » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:37 am

The fans have never let the team down, if anything it is the other way around.
tufnelltoughie
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:42 am

Denis_E wrote:This thread was a gem, always love when it's bumped this time of year lol

What I found funny when I bumped it was that it was bumped just one day before an entire year after the last post. I bumped it for fan protests, but it seems it happens this time each year :rofll: :rofll: :rofll:
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby coach8smallball » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:32 am

feck the Grinch and his support boys that claim to be fans.
cheers!
--tank
coach8smallball
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Luzh 22 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:40 pm

If you all got behind the team, and stopped your negativity, we'd have won the league this season...

Right ArseFighter?
"O Striker, Striker, why are you Striker?" - Arsene Nose 12/07/16
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby diesel » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:45 pm

MecurialGooner wrote:
chilon wrote:Yes they are.

Yep. We are complicent in letting down and disgracing our great club (not team) by not protesting long, loud or hard enough against the corruption that is owner, board, manager, coach, players.
diesel
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:43 pm

Think I found sweggeh
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Previous

Return to Arsenal Talk