Page 44 of 50

Re: Bernd Leno (1)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:25 pm
by ag6789
Hands of clay???

Re: Bernd Leno (1)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:26 pm
by Nuggets
WE got rid of the wrong keeper.

Re: Bernd Leno (1)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:28 pm
by alexafc12
He's the last of our worries tbh, but the goalkeeping coaches ned to train that out of him.

He does it far too much and it looks like his luck has started running out this season

Re: Bernd Leno (1)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:32 pm
by Nuggets
alexafc12 wrote:He's the last of our worries tbh, but the goalkeeping coaches ned to train that out of him.

He does it far too much and it looks like his luck has started running out this season



....and the season has just started :lol:

Re: Bernd Leno (1)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:20 pm
by VCC
This guy simply does not hold enough shots, the goal should have been held simple as that, it was a very kind height to save and you should never parry into the danger zone,
I would rather a keeper spill a shot in front of him with a chance to get behind the spill, than to parry into a danger zone with a target as wide as a truck to place the ball

Re: Bernd Leno (1)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:21 pm
by Özim
As o said before, very good shotstoper but the rest of his game leaves a lot to be desired.

Re: Bernd Leno (1)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:22 pm
by jayramfootball
Özim wrote:As o said before, very good shotstoper but the rest of his game leaves a lot to be desired.



Not sure who taught him to parry the ball out in front of him when making a save.
Cost us today, not for the first time.

Re: Bernd Leno (1)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:23 pm
by Ach
Haven't seen the goal. Will have to see before judging rather than relying on gw. Still laughing how he's blamed for manes goal

Re: Bernd Leno (1)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:04 pm
by Losmeister
VCC wrote:This guy simply does not hold enough shots, the goal should have been held simple as that, it was a very kind height to save and you should never parry into the danger zone,
I would rather a keeper spill a shot in front of him with a chance to get behind the spill, than to parry into a danger zone with a target as wide as a truck to place the ball


we knew


oh, well....

no one was gonna come to try to pay for him, tho... i tink

Re: Bernd Leno (1)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:55 pm
by ag6789
He spilled another one in close range. But the angle was tight so nothing happened.

Re: Bernd Leno (1)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:15 pm
by Ach
People expect him to catch that shot from foden wtf

Re: Bernd Leno (1)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:58 am
by Özim
The parry was terrible though, he parried it straight towards the middle of goal m, if you have to parry you need to force it out much wider.

Poor IMO.

Re: Bernd Leno (1)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:44 am
by Ach
From a shot that close, I think stopping the shot was the main thing which he did. Doesn't have time to adjust hands to parry it away. People are reaching here to find fault when there is none

Re: Bernd Leno (1)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:12 pm
by KG3
Nuggets wrote:WE got rid of the wrong keeper.


Even non Arsenal fans with no personal bias could tell us that, with EMI in goal we would have come away with 1 point against pool and 1 point against city easy.

Re: Bernd Leno (1)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:45 pm
by StockGooner
Love the armchair experts on here. The mixture of football and economic knowledge clearly knows no bounds at all