Bernd Leno joins Fulham

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: Bernd Leno (1)

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:15 pm

swipe right wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
Phil71 wrote:Interesting that some of our 'fans' appear to have a greater interest in the welfare of individual players than the overall welfare of the club.

Or fans value good man management and when they see player after player not treated well they perhaps question the methods.

Some fans don’t of course, they just follow like sheep and agree with everything.

Players have been getting upset at being dropped since football began.
Most accept it and work hard to try and get back in or leave.
A few - the kind of players who no one ends up wanting - cry about it.

I think the reason you have so much affinity with Leno is that you are both cry babies.

It's only going to get worse for you as we get better and better. Each win is going to be a slap in your face.
I think we're headed for a good season... that must terrify you. Yikes.

No not this much under a manager, it’s actually laughable how much this has happened, there’s been a lot of weird decisions and player unrest, probably part of the reason why results and performances are so bad, the guy doesn’t know how to man manage players.

Actually I don’t have a lot of affinity with Leno, just think Arteta treats some players pretty poorly.

We've had an attitude problem in the squad for years...lots of players.
That is the main reason we've been so inconsistent.
I see it as very positive when I hear a player like Leno crying like a little bitch.
The noise means we're finally addressing the issue.

If the message is to shape up or ship out regardless of who cries about it, that's good.

Shape up or ship out should start with the manager.

We're on a 4 game win run and just won the NLD playing excellent football.
We've been one for the best teams in the league since Dec 2020.

The idea of sacking Arteta is as laughable now as it was at the end of last season.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Ach » Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:16 pm

We're in tenth lol. He's got to go
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:17 pm

Ach wrote:We're in tenth lol. He's got to go

Dream on.
:arse flag.gif:
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Ach » Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:22 pm

jayramfootball wrote:

Dream on.

Being in tenth = one of the best in the country

Lol
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:37 pm

Ach wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Dream on.

Being in tenth = one of the best in the country

Lol

Keep dreaming... it's funny to watch someone plead for something even they know is not going to happen
It's real screaming at the sky stuff.

jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby alexafc12 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:39 pm

First real competition he's had since Emi left and "he's gone into a frenzy"

Needs to buckle down and earn his place back
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby theHotHead » Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:48 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Phil71 wrote:Interesting that some of our 'fans' appear to have a greater interest in the welfare of individual players than the overall welfare of the club.

Yes, very interesting isn't it. You'll also notice that none of the players signed by Arteta seem to make the shortlist that they think are brilliant or magnificent. It's almost as if they hail these players precisely because they were not signed by Arteta and when they get dropped or sold for being shit or having a bad attitude they all of a sudden become brilliant. :sneaky2:
:sneaky:

You two are hilarious !!! You would see someone standing with a smoking gun looking down on their slain victim and say "we don't have any suspects" !!!

The only players that seem to get on with Arteta are the kids and players he just bought. There is no smoke without fire. I remember working for someone once, I found out they were doing the same role as they were at the parent company, I thought it was a bit of a demotion. Turns out there had been a high turnover of staff in her department and lots of people cited her as the reason they were leaving. She was told to join the other company or lose her job.

You 2 need to join the dots and stop with the pissing contest.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:52 pm

theHotHead wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Yes, very interesting isn't it. You'll also notice that none of the players signed by Arteta seem to make the shortlist that they think are brilliant or magnificent. It's almost as if they hail these players precisely because they were not signed by Arteta and when they get dropped or sold for being shit or having a bad attitude they all of a sudden become brilliant. :sneaky2:
:sneaky:

You two are hilarious !!! You would see someone standing with a smoking gun looking down on their slain victim and say "we don't have any suspects" !!!

The only players that seem to get on with Arteta are the kids and players he just bought. There is no smoke without fire. I remember working for someone once, I found out they were doing the same role as they were at the parent company, I thought it was a bit of a demotion. Turns out there had been a high turnover of staff in her department and lots of people cited her as the reason they were leaving. She was told to join the other company or lose her job.

You 2 need to join the dots and stop with the pissing contest.

I don't want the manager to 'get on' with the players.
I want the players to give 100% on the pitch - which they now seem to be doing.
Don't think SAF was best buddies with his players.

What I see is players responding in the right way - with some, like Leno doing the one thing you should never do... cry to the press. We need shot of players like that and quickly before they sour the dressing room.

Phil's observation is spot on too - and so was mine.
;)
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby swipe right » Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:19 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
swipe right wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:

Or fans value good man management and when they see player after player not treated well they perhaps question the methods.

Some fans don’t of course, they just follow like sheep and agree with everything.

I think the reason you have so much affinity with Leno is that you are both cry babies.

It's only going to get worse for you as we get better and better. Each win is going to be a slap in your face.

No not this much under a manager, it’s actually laughable how much this has happened, there’s been a lot of weird decisions and player unrest, probably part of the reason why results and performances are so bad, the guy doesn’t know how to man manage players.

Actually I don’t have a lot of affinity with Leno, just think Arteta treats some players pretty poorly.

I see it as very positive when I hear a player like Leno crying like a little bitch.

If the message is to shape up or ship out regardless of who cries about it, that's good.

The idea of sacking Arteta is as laughable now as it was at the end of last season.

6 games, 9 points. But of course you’ll ask us to only focus on the couple of games we won. Same as last season.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:21 pm

swipe right wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
swipe right wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:

6 games, 9 points. But of course you’ll ask us to only focus on the couple of games we won. Same as last season.

Yes, 6 games, 9 points and 4 points off the top 4 after a run of 3 wins on the bounce that no other club has managed.
We're fine. the idea that we would sack Arteta is laughable and just for those that like to cry about things they want but are not going to get.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:24 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:

No we don’t, we had players who weren’t good enough and also had the wrong mix, nothing to do with attitude.

If Vieira was here no doubt Arteta would ship him out.
Last edited by Salibatelli on Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby swipe right » Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:03 pm

10th place and we are fine. Wenger wept.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:08 pm

swipe right wrote:10th place and we are fine. Wenger wept.

We're perfectly fine - just 4 points off the top 4 with 32 games left and on great form.
Coming off a superb display and a NLD win.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Angelito » Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:33 pm

Well, he's spoken out.

At this rate, Arsenal are tanking his value. Won't be surprised if he goes on loan next season to end his contract, or we accept a £6m + add-ons bid for him.

Arteta still thinks like a head coach. This is where Edu should be dominating. You can't allow a player's worth to plummett.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:38 pm

........... but you also can't allow a keeper to be a liability as well.

Winning games should be our first and foremost priority, that success will bring money in itself.

Worrying about tanking your players value is why we were stuck with players like Xhaka and Mustafi.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football