Bernd Leno joins Fulham

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: Bernd Leno (1)

Postby VCC » Thu May 13, 2021 10:04 am

KG3 wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:Good game yesterday.
But has to go.
We'd be 5th right now and challenging for 4th with a decent keeper, like Emi.

Good game but still had no clue on the 1v1 where player shot high he did his usual back track from out of possition to no mans land and got lucky, and did his usual parry into the middle of the box in the first half and got lucky again. And yes he had a decent 2nd half but the goal they scored that was ruled out when is he ever going to come for a looped cross 6 yards out
Answer NEVER
Last edited by VCC on Thu May 13, 2021 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Ach » Thu May 13, 2021 10:14 am

Quality keeper who stayed on his feet making havertz go even higher and thus shoot over the bar. Psyched him out there.

Great catch at the end or its 1–1 as one of the Russian rent boys was waiting to head it in as thus ends the hilarious but but he never catches crap lol

Even the one he parries out was a great save and got it out far enough. If he gets finger tips to it and it goes across goal, there's a Chelsea player there and it's a goal. Great keeping

One error v Everton is more than made up for.

On we go if he stays. If not then so be it.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Goonerred » Thu May 13, 2021 10:56 am

Ach wrote:Quality keeper who stayed on his feet making havertz go even higher and thus shoot over the bar. Psyched him out there.

Great catch at the end or its 1–1 as one of the Russian rent boys was waiting to head it in as thus ends the hilarious but but he never catches crap lol

Even the one he parries out was a great save and got it out far enough. If he gets finger tips to it and it goes across goal, there's a Chelsea player there and it's a goal. Great keeping

I don't know what to think about Leno, howlers are always flagged up, but I do know that his saves have kept us in matches. I think he kept it to 2-1 in the first leg of the semi. If he stays he needs to train himself to parry shots away from the danger zone, he has given goals away by just palming a shot into the path of an attacker.
Last edited by Goonerred on Thu May 13, 2021 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goonerred
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022

Postby Ach » Thu May 13, 2021 11:40 am

I've seen leno being criticised for things others don't even get a mention about. People keep talking about emi and his organisation of the defence. They have conceded more set piece goals than us lol

Passes to Xhaka and Ceballos where they f**k up are made by every keeper in every game. Leno does it and cos those 2 f**k up, it's his fault? Lol

We've had one call emi world class for us. That's right. One good month in 10 years and he's world class. that's why I don't take the Leno criticism very seriously. I have admitted myself he's dropped below his usual standard recently which culminated in the Everton howler but since then he's been back on it.

Whether he stays or goes I'm not fussed cos I don't have favourites in this squad but knowing our board and manager, we will promote Ryan to first choice and he's not as good as leno.

If someone better is available then go for him
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Thu May 13, 2021 1:21 pm

But has to go.

But wait, I thought you and others said the players were not good enough ?? Like I keep saying, they are not good enough to win the league, they are good enough for top bloody 6.

Arteta must go.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Thu May 13, 2021 1:22 pm

Goonerred wrote:
Ach wrote:Quality keeper who stayed on his feet making havertz go even higher and thus shoot over the bar. Psyched him out there.

I don't know what to think about Leno, howlers are always flagged up, but I do know that his saves have kept us in matches. I think he kept it to 2-1 in the first leg of the semi. If he stays he needs to train himself to parry shots away from the danger zone, he has given goals away by just palming a shot into the path of an attacker.

I maintain, he is the 4th best keeper in the league .. Emi is ahead of him but still, 4th is 4th, he is not shite.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Thu May 13, 2021 5:17 pm

theHotHead wrote:
But has to go.

But wait, I thought you and others said the players were not good enough ?? Like I keep saying, they are not good enough to win the league, they are good enough for top bloody 6.

Arteta must go.

5th, 6th , 7th, 8th. Much of a muchness. Yeah, I know about the European qualification but the difference between 5th to 8th is wafer-thin.
Can we get top 6 with the current team? Sure. We might even do it this season.
Can we get regular top 4 or get anywhere near winning the league with these players. No. No manager could.
We need a lot of new players if we are going to get back to being realistic challengers year in year out for the top 4 with the occasional title run.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby VCC » Thu May 13, 2021 6:27 pm

The 1v1 he is so far out of possition initially he then does his usual back wards sprint to find possition then fails to close the space.im sorry he is bang average and once he has left Arsenal he will morph into the abyss of average pros that will never be worthy of mention again.
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Ach » Mon May 17, 2021 9:22 pm

Bernd Leno has insisted that he does not want to leave Arsenal while outlining his ambition to help the club reach the Champions League again.

Good news

We don't need to spend money on a keeper now. Leno has shown he should more than capable. Ryan as back up
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby VCC » Tue May 18, 2021 6:13 am

Ach wrote:
Bernd Leno has insisted that he does not want to leave Arsenal while outlining his ambition to help the club reach the Champions League again.

Good news

We don't need to spend money on a keeper now. Leno has shown he should more than capable. Ryan as back up

His agent must of discovered no one wants him
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby KG3 » Tue May 18, 2021 6:29 am

VCC wrote:
Ach wrote:

Good news

KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby swipe right » Tue May 18, 2021 6:53 am

German Almunia
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Goonerred » Tue May 18, 2021 7:09 am

KG3 wrote:
VCC wrote:
Ach wrote:

Good news

Probably true. I remember Theo delayed and delayed signing probably his last contract but signed in the end, probably for the same reason.
Goonerred

Postby Ach » Tue May 18, 2021 10:25 am

Or maybe he wants to stay
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Ach » Wed May 19, 2021 11:51 pm

He's in the German euro 2020 squad