Bernd Leno joins Fulham

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: Bernd Leno (1)

Postby VCC » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:16 am

theHotHead wrote:VCC technically Wenger WAS manager of a bunch of drinkers and smokers when he took over Arsenal, he changed the culture at the club don't forget.

I know that, but for the most alot of that had started before AW with Bergkamp the consummate professional
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby greengoonerie » Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:16 pm

Good game again today. Playing well.pity the strikers Arteta is using are shite.
greengoonerie
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby KG3 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:26 pm

Martinez currently has 13 clean sheets the most in the BPL and nearly double the amount Leno has with 7, we sold a world class goalkeeper and kept a clown in goal who occasionally has good games Almunia 2.0 really
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Ach » Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:28 pm

KG3 wrote:Martinez currently has 13 clean sheets the most in the BPL and nearly double the amount Leno has with 7, we sold a world class goalkeeper and kept a clown in goal who occasionally has good games Almunia 2.0 really

Watch the West Ham game

:rofll:
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Santi » Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:29 pm

KG3 wrote:Martinez currently has 13 clean sheets the most in the BPL and nearly double the amount Leno has with 7, we sold a world class goalkeeper and kept a clown in goal who occasionally has good games Almunia 2.0 really

Not even close is it, I watched the game vs leeds yesterday and just wished we had him in our net. Both have made mistakes this season but overall Martinez has been far better.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:32 pm

Lol leno hasn't been nowhere near as bad as Martinez was v Burnley and West Ham

But mr one month has his buttboys.

And I think emi has been quality this season but we haven't missed him at all. Testament on how good leno is.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby alexafc12 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:01 pm

Cagey at times today. Still doesn't fill me with confidence but he's good enough
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby ag6789 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:03 pm

Have to keep faith in him. Has been decent throughout the season.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Ach » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:04 pm

Had f all to do. No chance with the goal. Couple of standard saves. Good season continues.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby alexafc12 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:28 pm

alexafc12 wrote:Sqwaka:

Errors leading to goals since 2018:

Pickford 9
Leno 8
De Gea 7
Ederson 3
Alisson 3
Kepa 3
Lloris 3

+
Sqwaka: Bernd Leno has become the fastest goalkeeper in PL history to concede 5 goals via parried shots in a single season.

This was in Nov. Leno may be king soon. Got away with his butter fingers today.
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Ach » Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:36 pm

Leno living in the heads of spuds rent free
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Ach » Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:43 pm

Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Santi » Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:43 pm

In the spirit of ending this point scoring bs, Leno is still a good goalkeeper. I do think Martinez has had the better season and looked like he gave the defence more confidence when he played here but Leno has not been a major problem.

He had a few poor parries earlier in the season but since November I can't recall a huge mistake. Martinez has had a few blunders which, if he had been here, he would've been ripped apart for. It's a shame we didn't get to see them both fight it out for a full season but, if that money did help us get Partey (who really knows), then I think the loss of Martinez was just about worth it. Need to see more from Thomas the tank to be sure but he looks much more composed than all our midfielders.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Callum » Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:13 pm

Santi wrote:In the spirit of ending this point scoring bs, Leno is still a good goalkeeper. I do think Martinez has had the better season and looked like he gave the defence more confidence when he played here but Leno has not been a major problem.

He had a few poor parries earlier in the season but since November I can't recall a huge mistake. Martinez has had a few blunders which, if he had been here, he would've been ripped apart for. It's a shame we didn't get to see them both fight it out for a full season but, if that money did help us get Partey (who really knows), then I think the loss of Martinez was just about worth it. Need to see more from Thomas the tank to be sure but he looks much more composed than all our midfielders.

Yeah, I think we're splitting hairs over who's the better goalkeeper. Martinez was very impressive in his run here but it was a very small sample size—we've seen errors from him this season that will happen when you see a goalkeeper play over an extended period. I can see why people would preferred Martinez but he was happy to go, he's homegrown, and was on a low salary, so he was always going to be the more attractive to bidders.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Zenith » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:10 pm

Callum wrote:
Santi wrote:In the spirit of ending this point scoring bs, Leno is still a good goalkeeper. I do think Martinez has had the better season and looked like he gave the defence more confidence when he played here but Leno has not been a major problem.

Yeah, I think we're splitting hairs over who's the better goalkeeper. Martinez was very impressive in his run here but it was a very small sample size—we've seen errors from him this season that will happen when you see a goalkeeper play over an extended period. I can see why people would preferred Martinez but he was happy to go, he's homegrown, and was on a low salary, so he was always going to be the more attractive to bidders.

Agreed. Furthermore, we were never going to receive any similar bids for Leno who was injured for majority of the summer transfer window.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football