Bernd Leno joins Fulham

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: OFFICIAL: Bernd Leno joins Arsenal

Postby LMAO » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:59 am

Sims wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:Sims Ozil looks like an extra depressed emo in your sig.

Horrible pic.

big fan of goths tbh

it was either him or xhaka who is lookin like a f***ing sort but i feel i made the bets decision in the end

Damn, Sims on that big tiddy goth gf status.

Arsene Nose wrote:
Pudpop wrote:This guy is basically Lehmann reincarnated so I don't get why anyone would be worried

Not worried. But he’s behind Neur, ter Stegan and Trapp for Germany. They do have a number of good keepers so it’s not fair to judge him on that. But he is fourth in Germany. I’m cautiously optimistic.

tbf 4th in Germany > 1st in England

But agree with the cautiously optimistic part. Of what I've read online, 50% say last season was mediocre and Leverkusen got a better keeper in Hradecky on a free, while the other 50% say we've done excellent business. Guess we'll have to see which version we get.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Zedie » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:03 am

It looks like we've targeted 2 top players in sokratis and Leno who have had a difficult season. It does remain to be seen whether they can turn it around with us or if we've bought 2 long term duds.

All I know is our gk and cb situation was atrocious last season and the players we have weren't good enough so I'm glad we are at least trying to address multiple positions
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby coach8smallball » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:24 am

leno and late nights.....

welcome!!!
cheers!
--tank
coach8smallball
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby alessio » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:29 pm

That's a great sign by the board!!! Welcome!
alessio
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby theHotHead » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:34 am

Pudpop wrote:This guy is basically Lehmann reincarnated so I don't get why anyone would be worried

Yeah but Lehmann was a bit of a nightmare for a while, rush of blood, anger, complaining when touched etc. Lets hope this new chap is a saner version of Mad Jens !!
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Nuggets » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:51 am

Lets hope he comes up with the goods, lord knows we need a new keeper.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Re: Bernd Leno

Postby starmandb » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:09 pm

Arsene Nose wrote:
Zedie wrote:I know people are still upset about wengers departure, but if all these signings come off, how could they not he excited about the key issues being addressed so early in the window.

If this was years prior, we'd still be haggling over lichtensteiners wages ffs.

Licht
Sokratis
Leno

Nearly done

torriera post WC if all goes ok

Potentially gelson Martins on a free. Come on!

Lol...we've signed a 35 year old on a free, are negotiating with a guy who's not good enough for Dortmund, and may or may not get any of the others you listed. Yeah, I'm drinking from the fcking bottle in joy right now.

He is still only 34
If you keep going till next January you will be right though
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby HolyCow » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:40 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Sims Ozil looks like an extra depressed emo in your sig.

Horrible pic.

Well, because he is an extra depressed emo. When has he ever appeared to have any vitality, vigor, alertness, joy, etc.
He always looks moody. Nothing against him, just responding to your opinion on his expression.

The ONLY downside of Wenger leaving is that Emery didn't keep Jens Lehmann on the staff. I love Mad Jens Lehmann more than my own mother. He was the reason I started regularly watching Arsenal and ended up as an Arsenal supporter. Loved his antics, aggression, wild saves, and utter lunacy.

But as for Leno, I think you're correct. I haven't seen him play much but he seems to be very aggressive, appears to have the ability to pull off crazy reaction saves, but also apparently is somewhat error prone. That is all quite Lehmann-esque. I'll only refer to him as Lehmann reincarnated though if he runs behind the goal in the middle of a match, whips it out, and takes a piss in front of thousands of fans.

Arsene Nose wrote:Not worried. But he’s behind Neur, ter Stegan and Trapp for Germany. They do have a number of good keepers so it’s not fair to judge him on that. But he is fourth in Germany. I’m cautiously optimistic.

Trapp got the nod because he plays for PSG whereas Leno played for Leverkusen.

Trapp is like Karius...... both play for quality clubs despite being slightly above mediocre and neither is good enough to secure the #1 spot despite their competition being Areola and Mignolet...Trapp is Crapp.

Again, I haven't seen much of Leno but friends who regularly watch Bundesliga matches say Leno is far better. And apparently so is Horn, Fahrmann, and some others I can't remember atm. I've seen plenty of PSG though and Trapp clearly has a low ceiling in terms of ability.... nothing spectacular about him at all. Plus he's not even consistent (which is why he frequently loses his starting spot to a nipple).
HolyCow
Patrick Vieira

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:17 pm

HolyCow wrote:
The ONLY downside of Wenger leaving is that Emery didn't keep Jens Lehmann on the staff. I love Mad Jens Lehmann more than my own mother. He was the reason I started regularly watching Arsenal and ended up as an Arsenal supporter. Loved his antics, aggression, wild saves, and utter lunacy.

Mad Jens, forever in our hearts.

The greatest personality ever seen in football imo.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby UFGN » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:14 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
HolyCow wrote:

Mad Jens, forever in our hearts.

The greatest personality ever seen in football imo.

Alan Shearer tho
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Luzh 22 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:44 pm

LOL... Geordies are weird, they either sound hyper as f**k or boring as f**k. There is no in-between.
"O Striker, Striker, why are you Striker?" - Arsene Nose 12/07/16
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Losmeister » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:15 am

Zedie wrote:It looks like we've targeted 2 top players in sokratis and Leno who have had a difficult season. It does remain to be seen whether they can turn it around with us or if we've bought 2 long term duds.

All I know is our gk and cb situation was atrocious last season and the players we have weren't good enough so I'm glad we are at least trying to address multiple positions

THIS!!!
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby yadunoe » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:52 am

im just hoping his kicking and reactions are better then cech who should be kept for cups still and to mentor leno aswell.
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Jedi » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:49 am

yadunoe wrote:im just hoping his kicking and reactions are better then cech who should be kept for cups still and to mentor leno aswell.

I don't see how GKs at this level need mentoring. There are the basics of where to position yourself and how to react in certain situations but other than that it's all reflexes
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Sims » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:04 am

GK coaches are massive for confidence

Fabs left and was great
As soon as Cech left Chelsea & Lollichon and ended up with Peyton his form went off a cliff
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football