Olivier Giroud

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Olivier Giroud (12)

Postby Kite33 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:34 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Kite33 wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
gooney wrote:guy is a cancer to the team. he always make our attack worse and stand still. He is not wort having around.....sell asap

The fact that the only reason I know your talking about Giroud and not Wenger is because this is the Giroud thread.

Shame its come to this, both our no1 ST and manager are the worst things about AFC, remember when it was Invincibles Wenger and Henry.

I can't even bear re-thinking those years to what we have now.

Have you ever watched a full 90 minutes of an arsenal game? Serious question because you always want a summary of the Match...or do you Work?

I ask for a summary for two reasons, one, I've stopped watching full Arsenal matches since December when I realised both Giroud and Wenger are not going anywhere and our season was defunct because of it.

Two I do work late but that only effects CL games or like the other day the West Ham game however I can catch half of those matches.

I used to watch our weekend games in full weekly, now I don't bother cause we're a regressing team and all because we're self harming.

I've seen enough of Giroud to last me a life time, he's a shorter stockier Peter Crouch, how did we go from Henry to lamp post football is beyond me.

I hate also walcott for example but i still watch the matches...giroud has contributed more to the team than other arsenal players but you hate him the most. There must be other reasons why you hate him so much
Kite33
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Kite33 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:44 pm

coach8smallball wrote:
Kite33 wrote:
coach8smallball wrote:
Kite33 wrote:
arsenalpan wrote:
Kite33 wrote:We were not even good with sanchez as our striker. You guys always talking about getting a better striker but what striker was available and better than giroud. Suarez is better but Wenger f***ked it up...higuain maybe but too expensive. Who else and don't come with amateurs like benteke,lacazette...

Because we only have ONE Sanchez. In PL, at least Kane and Vardy are better than Giroud. But Giroud is still a good player otherwise he won't start for France. If we have a midfiled that is as solid as France, I don't mind Giroud start for us. However if we can not get a solid midfiled, then a better striker would be a must to make this team better. DM, RM/LF, ST, we'll be good if any 2 of the 3 get strengthened.

Vardy is not better and kane is not available. I agree with you our midfield is bad...get better players there and giroud will Shine even more

okay....you had me at " vardy is not better".....and I stopped reading.

You really think vardy is better than giroud? If you think this then something is wrong with you

wrong with me? it's funny how you completely ignore my response to your question about what forwards were available.

last time I checked, vardy came from obscurity and now has an EPL title. what about giroud? came from obscurity, but 5 years later.....nada!!!!!!

yet there is something wrong with me!

another funny thing is when I brought up euros you questioned me for even doing that....but yet another poster brings it up.....you hail them.

again, you missed the plot on my euro tie-in. yes he started off great, but once the pressure ramped up and when giroud had to produce.......HE CHOKED!!!!!!!!!!!! CHOKED & should've been subbed out. just like us not winning a title, France won't win a major trophy with giroud.....EUROS IS PERFECT EXAMPLE OF THAT!!!!

I am done with you because you are inept at assessing what a world class striker is and isn't. in my list, there are the top 10 scorers since 2012, but yet we past them over for the lamp post. that is why most fans are not pleased with giroud, because we could've had better and that form of better could've put us in a better position to possibly win the league title. w***er thought otherwise and now we are the worst for it.

so please spare me the numbers and the giroud love because you've done nothing but make yourself and other giroud lovers look stupid. the proof is currently sitting at 5th spot and again no title since giroud showed up.

going from RVP to giroud has been nothing short of atrocious. common sense can see that, but you giroud lovers don't.

I'm an arsenal lover, not a giroud/arsene lover.

So what did we win with rvp? What are your excuses now? I told you those forwards you mentioned were not even available and some were not better than giroud in my opinion...your hate for giroud is not normal he has contributed more to the team than other arsenal players but you are obsessed with giroud haha this is a problem. If something goes wrong its girouds fault...if you don't cum it is girouds fault...if your dog pisses on the floor its girouds fault and so on i know you brother
Kite33
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Kite33 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:55 pm

maxgunner wrote:
Kite33 wrote:
maxgunner wrote:Great goal, but against WHU

It seems this year he has achieved really good numbers however he has not started games regularly.

The guy puts in an effort but he is still here just because of Wenger, he is not good enough and never will be, he is 29 years old so that ship has sailed and we should sell him to whoever is willing to pay.

If he was such a good player clubs will be trying to sign him left, right and centre but the truth is he is an average player favored by Wenger and by that I mean we should have sold him years ago.

Why does he start often for france? Their coach rates him too...so he starts for france and also Wenger rates him...he must be doing something right. Özil is a good player but no one tries to sign him

Don't know why the France coach rates him assuming that is true, maybe is because he plays in the EPL thanks to Wenger.
Now since he has been called upon, is he breaking some sort of goal record for his national team or in any international competition? My guess is, no.

On the other hand if Wenger rates him that doesn't exactly raise the bar isn't? How many world class players has Wenger discovered lately? How do you explain that we have used a winger like Alexis as a CF and he is one of the top scorers in the EPL right now? Do you think project Giroud could have done the same?
He certainly hasn't done that in the pass.

Now, you are comparing Giroud to Ozil, do you really think Ozil would not have any offers from top teams if he was for sale? The bloke has been inconsistent but he is still miles ahead of Giroud. Honestly not a fair comparison.

So if we get an offer for Giroud we should sell, try Lucas up front for a change, ideally someone that can go passed a defender.

The france Coach rates him because he is a Star striker and scores. Lets be honest...so why is Sanchez back on the wings if he was so special as striker? Sanchez had also many poor games as forward for us...yes i think it about özil ,no top team would buy him especially not in England.
Kite33
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby gooney » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:17 pm

Keep him. Keep ox. Keep wilshere. Keep ramsey. Keep gibbs. Keep them all
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby maxgunner » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:29 pm

Kite33 wrote:The france Coach rates him because he is a Star striker and scores. Lets be honest...

Honestly he is not a star striker, he is an average striker at best which without Wenger making the decision would not start any game for us.
He has not achieved anything since he came to Arsenal and nothing with his national team either.

Kite33 wrote:so why is Sanchez back on the wings if he was so special as striker? Sanchez had also many poor games as forward for us...

That's easy, another idiotic decision from our genius manager.

Kite33 wrote:yes i think it about özil ,no top team would buy him especially not in England.

Is that why he has not sign a new contract yet? I would wait for the summer window to make that statement.
maxgunner
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Kite33 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:10 am

gooney wrote:Keep him. Keep ox. Keep wilshere. Keep ramsey. Keep gibbs. Keep them all

Keep giroud.sell all others you mentioned. I am the last Person who would care.
Kite33
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Kite33 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:20 am

maxgunner wrote:
Kite33 wrote:The france Coach rates him because he is a Star striker and scores. Lets be honest...

Honestly he is not a star striker, he is an average striker at best which without Wenger making the decision would not start any game for us.
He has not achieved anything since he came to Arsenal and nothing with his national team either.

Kite33 wrote:so why is Sanchez back on the wings if he was so special as striker? Sanchez had also many poor games as forward for us...

That's easy, another idiotic decision from our genius manager.

Kite33 wrote:yes i think it about özil ,no top team would buy him especially not in England.

Is that why he has not sign a new contract yet? I would wait for the summer window to make that statement.

This is an endless topic man. Maybe you are right or maybe i am right. If we find a better striker than giroud then ok buy him. I have problems with people who want a striker like vardy, lacazette, benteke, lukaku, schik or whatever his name is and so on...all not better than giroud.
Kite33
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Arsene Nose » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:43 pm

Giroud would be perfect for a traditional 442. Put in two wingers who can cross and a second striker behind him to pick up his one touch layoffs and you have a very good option. But we don't play that way so his utility is questionable.
Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:20 pm

Kite33 wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Kite33 wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
gooney wrote:guy is a cancer to the team. he always make our attack worse and stand still. He is not wort having around.....sell asap

The fact that the only reason I know your talking about Giroud and not Wenger is because this is the Giroud thread.

Shame its come to this, both our no1 ST and manager are the worst things about AFC, remember when it was Invincibles Wenger and Henry.

Have you ever watched a full 90 minutes of an arsenal game? Serious question because you always want a summary of the Match...or do you Work?

I ask for a summary for two reasons, one, I've stopped watching full Arsenal matches since December when I realised both Giroud and Wenger are not going anywhere and our season was defunct because of it.

Two I do work late but that only effects CL games or like the other day the West Ham game however I can catch half of those matches.

I used to watch our weekend games in full weekly, now I don't bother cause we're a regressing team and all because we're self harming.

I've seen enough of Giroud to last me a life time, he's a shorter stockier Peter Crouch, how did we go from Henry to lamp post football is beyond me.

I hate also walcott for example but i still watch the matches...giroud has contributed more to the team than other arsenal players but you hate him the most. There must be other reasons why you hate him so much

My one main issue with Giroud is that he's nothing more than a target man, a decent target man yes but only a target man none the less.

We could of bought Peter Crouch and got similar results.

Now I ask you, is Arsenal quality when you think of the likes of Henry, Bergkamp, RVP even Adebayor in his prime, the same quality as Peter bloody crouch?

This is Arsenal not Stoke, when did lumping the ball in the air become Arsenal quality football?

Lets take the worst of the top three RVP, look at what he could do compared to Giroud and realize how far we've fallen, no point in putting Henry or Bergkamp up here as its not even worth mentioning Giroud in the same breath.

DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsene Nose » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:47 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Kite33 wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Kite33 wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

My one main issue with Giroud is that he's nothing more than a target man, a decent target man yes but only a target man none the less.

We could of bought Peter Crouch and got similar results.

Now I ask you, is Arsenal quality when you think of the likes of Henry, Bergkamp, RVP even Adebayor in his prime, the same quality as Peter bloody crouch?

This is Arsenal not Stoke, when did lumping the ball in the air become Arsenal quality football?

Lets take the worst of the top three RVP, look at what he could do compared to Giroud and realize how far we've fallen, no point in putting Henry or Bergkamp up here as its not even worth mentioning Giroud in the same breath.

Compare Crouch vs. Giroud's first touch and you'll know the difference. Different level mate. Giroud leads the line for France, Crouch can't break into the poverty England squad.
Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:49 pm

Its not the point though, both are lamp post strikers, not good enough for a top 4 side .............. probably why we're not anymore.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Kite33 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:13 pm

As Arsene Nose said you cannot compare giroud with crouch haha that' s really an insult. Giroud is good enough we should get a Worldclass winger.Sanchez on the left giroud middle and right side someone who can cross and we are title contenders
Kite33
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby maxgunner » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:51 pm

Kite33 wrote:As Arsene Nose said you cannot compare giroud with crouch haha that' s really an insult. Giroud is good enough we should get a Worldclass winger.Sanchez on the left giroud middle and right side someone who can cross and we are title contenders

For what? To have another excuse for Wenger not to get a top striker so he can keep project Giroud up front?
No thanks, there's no point in making Arsenal play like Stoke so than an average striker like Giroud look useful.
maxgunner
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Kite33 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:38 pm

maxgunner wrote:
Kite33 wrote:As Arsene Nose said you cannot compare giroud with crouch haha that' s really an insult. Giroud is good enough we should get a Worldclass winger.Sanchez on the left giroud middle and right side someone who can cross and we are title contenders

For what? To have another excuse for Wenger not to get a top striker so he can keep project Giroud up front?
No thanks, there's no point in making Arsenal play like Stoke so than an average striker like Giroud look useful.

You know how good giroud is with his head? He has an unique technique...i don't know a striker who is better than him in this area...he would be such a weapon. Er could buy dembele from Celtic as back up and we are set
Kite33
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Santi » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:49 am

lets be real, giroud has a lot of flaws but he is not a bad player. he should not be starting for arsenal for 38 games a season but he can be very useful even though we rarely play to his strengths.

he is too static to be our main striker but he is a quality target man and gives us something different, if he's content enough to come off the bench and make an impact with some cup and rare league starts, then he should stay.
Santi
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to World Football