Olivier Giroud

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Olivier Giroud (12)

Postby EliteKiller » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:10 am

theHotHead wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:
theHotHead wrote:Giroud ........ joke striker, I cannot be positive or happy when I see this clown start any games.

French International with 28 International goals and 192 career goals ... you're just making yourself look stupid my friend ......

No you are making yourself look stupid posting stats that prove f**k all and look mediocre at best !

Not even the French public want this fool to play for them. And there are 2 Arsenal fans in the world that want Giroud to start for them, you and Kite. The rest Spurs fans.

28 International goals and 192 career goals = mediocre? ....

Ian Wright had 9 International goals .... care to comment ....

Stats may not tell you everything but to call our 6th highest goal scorer of all time, and France's 7th highest goal scorer, 'mediocre' is just pathetic ......

But haters will hate I guess .................
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby #ST » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:47 am

Instead of replacing Lacazette with Giroud I hope one day Wenger has the balls to keep both on the field. In theory, they should work well together.

I DO rate Giroud and I BLAME Wenger for making him the scapegoat he is now. Giroud was our only proper striker for how many years? He is not a world class striker but neither is Lacazette. If Giroud had some competition who could replace him when he was in a bad spell we wouldn't hate on him so much. Wenger destroyed Giroud's legacy by putting it ALL on his shoulders.

There are many games Giroud is needed, but there are also plenty where he is not. With Wenger deciding not to buy anyone for all these years, it was all on Giroud. Game after game, season after season.

Olivier Giroud is a proper striker lads. Don't let his lack of pace distract you from this.

We are the Arsenal and we pride our self for our attacking style of play, and thus we believe we need a world class striker to lead the line. But have you stopped to consider we haven't BEEN world class for many years? The fault lies with the manager, the manager is responsible in good times and in the bad.

Giroud is a good strong striker who deserves much more praise. I'm just happy atleast the fans in the stadium give him proper support. I wish he'd get it here as well though.
Wembley:
Community Shield @6-8-'23 = 1*-1 Manchester City

Emirates Stadium:
First game @10-9-'11 = 1 - 0 Swansea
Most memorable game @24-2-'22 = 2 - 1 Wolves
Last game @14-04-'24 = 0 - 2 Aston Villa
Next game @4-05-'24 = VS Bournemouth [ No ticket yet ]
#ST
Predictions League 2019-20, 2021-22 Winner
Predictions League 2019-20, 2021-22 Winner

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:19 am

Burnturrek wrote:Instead of replacing Lacazette with Giroud I hope one day Wenger has the balls to keep both on the field. In theory, they should work well together.

I DO rate Giroud and I BLAME Wenger for making him the scapegoat he is now. Giroud was our only proper striker for how many years? He is not a world class striker but neither is Lacazette. If Giroud had some competition who could replace him when he was in a bad spell we wouldn't hate on him so much. Wenger destroyed Giroud's legacy by putting it ALL on his shoulders.

There are many games Giroud is needed, but there are also plenty where he is not. With Wenger deciding not to buy anyone for all these years, it was all on Giroud. Game after game, season after season.

Olivier Giroud is a proper striker lads. Don't let his lack of pace distract you from this.

We are the Arsenal and we pride our self for our attacking style of play, and thus we believe we need a world class striker to lead the line. But have you stopped to consider we haven't BEEN world class for many years? The fault lies with the manager, the manager is responsible in good times and in the bad.

Giroud is a good strong striker who deserves much more praise. I'm just happy atleast the fans in the stadium give him proper support. I wish he'd get it here as well though.

Top Post. :cheers:
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:12 am

......... but everything you just said is now moot because he now has that competition and its now not on his shoulders.

Giroud is far from a scapegoat, he's had serious support from AFC fans for years, in fact they've even supported him when he's been dog.

About the support you mention, why should I support a striker who can't score a goal against Red star and Norwich? especially when an 18 yr old comes on and instantly scores 2 goals in that same game?

The same striker who went 10 or so games without scoring.

This is pathetic and endemic of our supporters these days, begging for us to back a striker which you would only ever need to do if he was under performing in first place.

When in AFC history since Alan Smith have we ever had a striker so limited we have to galvanise support? Wright, Anelka, Henry, Adebayor, RVP.

Spurs have Kane, City have Jesus and Aguero and you want us to be content with fkin Oliver Giroud?

Are you mad bruv?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Kite33 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:32 am

lacazette can't score against brighton,watford,stoke,swansea...all shit teams too and he plays with better players. Great Argument brother
Kite33
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:49 am

Nobody is begging anyone to support Giroud. The problem is the duplicity and double standards that are applied to different players based on your like/dislike for the player.

When Giroud scores. he only scores and when he doesn't but has contributed to our play they say oh he didn't even score against XYZ.

I am not saying i am the epitome of objectivity just that i do understand that what goes away comes around. When we win it is inspite of Giroud and when we loose it is because of him. If you apply the same standard to everyone and scrutinize everyone with similar standards i want to see how many players we will have making through those filters. Giroud ain't even starting in league games now and he still comes out and gives his all whenever he is called on but people still aren't satisfied may be they will be satisfied when he is made to train with reserves.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Nuggets » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:04 pm

Burnturrek wrote:Instead of replacing Lacazette with Giroud I hope one day Wenger has the balls to keep both on the field. In theory, they should work well together.

:clap: :clap:
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Tex Texas » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:12 pm

How many goals.., i mean touches today did he have?
Independent Finland 1917-2017 100 Years

coyg
Tex Texas
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:36 pm

Tex Texas wrote:How many goals.., i mean touches today did he have?

His two touches from goal kicks pointed to the usual issue of us being complete morons.

It was obvious he would win the goal kick. He did. It was obvious that despite doing so, pressure from CB's meant he could only pass it backwards. He did

The issue, as usual, was that our brain dead midfield didn't position itself to profit from the pass back, instead letting City take the ball. They did.
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:20 am

EliteKiller wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:
theHotHead wrote:Giroud ........ joke striker, I cannot be positive or happy when I see this clown start any games.

French International with 28 International goals and 192 career goals ... you're just making yourself look stupid my friend ......

No you are making yourself look stupid posting stats that prove f**k all and look mediocre at best !

Not even the French public want this fool to play for them. And there are 2 Arsenal fans in the world that want Giroud to start for them, you and Kite. The rest Spurs fans.

28 International goals and 192 career goals = mediocre? ....

Ian Wright had 9 International goals .... care to comment ....

Stats may not tell you everything but to call our 6th highest goal scorer of all time, and France's 7th highest goal scorer, 'mediocre' is just pathetic ......

But haters will hate I guess .................

Ian Wright, 9 international goals from 17 international starts ! Your stats don't even tell half the story.

Everyone knows Wrighty was not favoured for England and hardly got a look in, even being top scorer in the league but not getting a look in. His international career was ruined by favouritism. Not so for Giroud who is favoured by the manager but disliked by the French supporters - hence him being booed and jeered all the time.

Haters hate cos there is reason to hate. He is mediocre at best and you know it, your stats are weak.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:25 am

Kite33 wrote:lacazette can't score against brighton,watford,stoke,swansea...all shit teams too and he plays with better players. Great Argument brother

But he can score against Man City away.

Shush.

And for the record we haven't always had world class strikers, anyone would think we had Sukers, Henrys and Bergkamps all through our history.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby starmandb » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:30 am

theHotHead wrote:
Kite33 wrote:lacazette can't score against brighton,watford,stoke,swansea...all shit teams too and he plays with better players. Great Argument brother

But he can score against Man City away.

Shush.

And for the record we haven't always had world class strikers, anyone would think we had Sukers, Henrys and Bergkamps all through our history.

Giroud has scored twice at man city
One of the games he scored in he also assisted in a 2-2 draw
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby EliteKiller » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:02 am

theHotHead wrote: Haters hate cos there is reason to hate. He is mediocre at best and you know it, your stats are weak.

There not my stats they are OPTA's used by 90% of media, TV and blog sites on the planet .... but hey you just make up your own if it makes you feel good ......
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Nuggets » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:36 am

He is not the best or the worst but I just wished he would stop going to ground, its infuriating for a big man he goes down like a fairy sometimes.
Nuggets

Postby Goonerz » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:10 am

Top mature post..
I have always had this same attitude towards Giroud from day one. He is not world class but a good striker to be rotated in our squad. But the scape goating has been epic. Compare him to Laca in the same period that they both moved to Arsenal in their first season to December. I bet Girouds overall contributions are better than Lacazattes.

Lacazatte is not scoring enough but because of the price and small stature people are willing to look the other way. Not saying that he is a poor player, but when a player comes with hype people become a bit blinded and are willing to look the other way. Snail Wenger should have had Giroud and Laca in our squad seasons ago. 2 different types of striker.
New Day, New Era, New Start. Come On You The Arsenal.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

PreviousNext

Return to World Football