Page 1512 of 1557

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:00 pm
by Santi
btw I have no doubt some of the players are questioning his call to leave Ozil out of all squads. I think he's on thin ice with them and potentially on the verge of losing them like Unai did.

Ozil is popular inside and outside of the squad, top players wont like seeing it and our forwards especially will get fed up knowing he's there on his couch when they're feeding on scraps.

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:45 pm
by swipe right
Santi wrote:ridiculous decision, was at the start and highlighted more with every passing week. It won't change in January, he can't do what Emery did and go back on it, it'll destroy his whole approach. He simply has to stick with his dumb mistake and try buy someone in January that will cover it up.

Yup. He’s dug himself a deep one with the Ozil stunt.

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:20 pm
by jayramfootball
swipe right wrote:
Santi wrote:ridiculous decision, was at the start and highlighted more with every passing week. It won't change in January, he can't do what Emery did and go back on it, it'll destroy his whole approach. He simply has to stick with his dumb mistake and try buy someone in January that will cover it up.

Yup. He’s dug himself a deep one with the Ozil stunt.


That is exactly what it was - a stunt. A new insecure manager coming in wanted to make some kind of big statement and he saw his chance.
Rookie error.

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:30 pm
by aniym
Santi wrote:btw I have no doubt some of the players are questioning his call to leave Ozil out of all squads. I think he's on thin ice with them and potentially on the verge of losing them like Unai did.

Ozil is popular inside and outside of the squad, top players wont like seeing it and our forwards especially will get fed up knowing he's there on his couch when they're feeding on scraps.


There is no difference between him not being on the team sheet (March - August 2020) and him not being registered; he is out of sight and out of mind when it comes to the rest of the team. He had a pretty barren run under Arteta even when he did play.

I'm sure he is on good terms with all the players, but who's really pushing for him to be in the squad? He's not even in training anymore, and he hasn't played professionally since March; you can't reintroduce him and expect fireworks, when his lack of output dates back to 2018.

There's a reason his name is primarily associated with "chances created" these days, the most bullshit, subjective stat there is. If Pepe is leading that table, it's pretty meaningless.

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:19 pm
by jayramfootball
aniym wrote:
Santi wrote:btw I have no doubt some of the players are questioning his call to leave Ozil out of all squads. I think he's on thin ice with them and potentially on the verge of losing them like Unai did.

Ozil is popular inside and outside of the squad, top players wont like seeing it and our forwards especially will get fed up knowing he's there on his couch when they're feeding on scraps.


There is no difference between him not being on the team sheet (March - August 2020) and him not being registered; he is out of sight and out of mind when it comes to the rest of the team. He had a pretty barren run under Arteta even when he did play.

I'm sure he is on good terms with all the players, but who's really pushing for him to be in the squad? He's not even in training anymore, and he hasn't played professionally since March; you can't reintroduce him and expect fireworks, when his lack of output dates back to 2018.

There's a reason his name is primarily associated with "chances created" these days, the most bullshit, subjective stat there is. If Pepe is leading that table, it's pretty meaningless.


Utter BS.
He is very much on people's minds. Even Arteta's as he is constantly questioned about it.
Rightly so, given our lack of creativity.

You also need to learn to read.
Pepe is leading because he has played more games - on a chances created per 90 minutes Ozil blows everyone else (and most of the PL) away...and no, chances created is not a meaningless stat. It is one of the most important stats there is. It is directly correlated to goals scored and our main issue right now is that we are not creating enough chances.

Even during Ozils last year two years in and out of the team, under different managers his chances created per game is DOUBLE that of anyone else on that list. At his best, he is 3 to 4 times better than anyone else in our squad.

You seem to be having trouble admitting that you anti Ozil bias has proven to be folly.
The jig is up. It is obvious to even the most entrenched fool that we need Ozil.

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:42 pm
by Dejan
Santi wrote:btw I have no doubt some of the players are questioning his call to leave Ozil out of all squads. I think he's on thin ice with them and potentially on the verge of losing them like Unai did.

Ozil is popular inside and outside of the squad, top players wont like seeing it and our forwards especially will get fed up knowing he's there on his couch when they're feeding on scraps.


I dont think ozil is very populair at all.
During his absences in unais and mikels tenure, none barely said anything.

Also, auba and ozil have a mediocre infield connection.


Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:09 pm
by Santi
Well they’re all liking his posts on insta even when he’s against the club. I don’t think even the players actually expected him not to be registered at all and, even if they could buy into it and partially understand it at the time, every passing game with no creativity will also grain on them and have them wondering why he’s sat there doing nothing.

Also this bs that he isn’t training, where did that come from Aniym?

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:11 pm
by aniym
Santi wrote:Also this bs that he isn’t training, where did that come from Aniym?


He's not training with the senior team is what I meant. But looking into it, I can't find any evidence that he's doing any kind of regular training at all. I don't mean joining the team to train while on holiday, which Henry, Pires and others often did after leaving. I mean training with the regularity needed to gain match fitness. This is the last tweet I found regarding this.



Last weekend, Sokratis was in the starting XI w/ the U23s v Everton. He clearly expects to continue playing in a senior role, either in Jan or in the summer. Nothing from Ozil. He isn't in the U23 squad as far as I can tell. As such, I'd assume he's not training with them either.

Ozil's good friend Merts heads up the academy. Steve Bould is the coach and wouldn't have any reason to exclude Ozil. Even then, we only hear about Ozil on Twitter. That tells me the guy won't kick a ball for us again under any circumstances.

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:26 pm
by gooney
Ozil is offcourse not the player he was....but the idea he cant create more than willock who we played as nr 10 yesterday is such a lie. We have 9 goals in 9 games and our expected goals per game is one of the worst in the league. We have gone over 7 hours in the league without a goal in open plays. Like some of you think being a good fan is backing the club no matter what. its like a cult trump supporters behaviour here. Ozil is good enough to be in that squad

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:46 pm
by DiamondGooner
I said it when the decision was announced, while he's playing 3-4-3 I can back the decision but I even said, the moment he tries to play a formation based on having a CAM then he's going to shoot himself in the foot.

............. and here we are.

I mean, he's playing Willock, don't get me wrong he looks good against Farmers in the Europa but I said he's not ready for tougher Prem games.

Arteta said he'd take responsibility if things go wrong, well, we're here.

Arteta should of kept to the Atletico model, he even bought their best CM ffs, his indecision due to feeling the pressure is making him regress.

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:50 pm
by swipe right
DiamondGooner wrote:I said it when the decision was announced, while he's playing 3-4-3 I can back the decision but I even said, the moment he tries to play a formation based on having a CAM then he's going to shoot himself in the foot.

............. and here we are.

I mean, he's playing Willock, don't get me wrong he looks good against Farmers in the Europa but I said he's not ready for tougher Prem games.

Arteta said he'd take responsibility if things go wrong, well, we're here.

Arteta should of kept to the Atletico model, he even bought their best CM ffs, his indecision due to feeling the pressure is making him regress.

Partey was never their best CM. Not even close.

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:14 am
by Santi
aniym wrote:
Santi wrote:Also this bs that he isn’t training, where did that come from Aniym?


He's not training with the senior team is what I meant. But looking into it, I can't find any evidence that he's doing any kind of regular training at all. I don't mean joining the team to train while on holiday, which Henry, Pires and others often did after leaving. I mean training with the regularity needed to gain match fitness. This is the last tweet I found regarding this.



Last weekend, Sokratis was in the starting XI w/ the U23s v Everton. He clearly expects to continue playing in a senior role, either in Jan or in the summer. Nothing from Ozil. He isn't in the U23 squad as far as I can tell. As such, I'd assume he's not training with them either.

Ozil's good friend Merts heads up the academy. Steve Bould is the coach and wouldn't have any reason to exclude Ozil. Even then, we only hear about Ozil on Twitter. That tells me the guy won't kick a ball for us again under any circumstances.



So you couldn't find this from 28th Oct?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... n-22921582

Never mind the numerous videos on Arsenal official instagram with him in training, one literally 3 days ago, before the Leeds game. Glad you've deduced a whole load of shit though.

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:27 am
by EliteKiller
Santi wrote:btw I have no doubt some of the players are questioning his call to leave Ozil out of all squads. I think he's on thin ice with them and potentially on the verge of losing them like Unai did.

Ozil is popular inside and outside of the squad, top players wont like seeing it and our forwards especially will get fed up knowing he's there on his couch when they're feeding on scraps.


Where do you get this from? After he was binned by all his previous clubs, and quit his national side, it was noticeable how very few of his previous teammates came out in support ... the term 'damned with faint praise' seems appropriate.

No question Ozil is/was a great player but to claim he was 'popular inside and outside of the squad' seems a stretch ...

When he quit on Germany only the vocal minority howled, it's just the same at Arsenal ... we should never have given him that ridiculous contract, that was the mistake and we've been paying for it ever since.

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:31 am
by Ach
Binned by Real Madrid lol wtf

Check Ronaldo and Ramos reaction to him going.

They needed money to balance the books after getting Bale. 2 players would bring 40m plus at that time. They'd never sell Ronaldo then so Ozil was the one. Hardly binned.

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:34 am
by Santi
Why? Don't you bang on about Ozil fanboys and lover boys? So that's his popularity outside of the squad done, nevermind his more than double Auba's 10m insta followers.

As for in the squad, as I said, the likes of Laca, Auba, Mustafi, Nelson, Torreira, Cazorla (obv not here anymore) all like his posts even when it's against the club such as his post after being left out of the squad.

Can't be 100% sure obviously, but seems very much like the front players get along with him, back him and will no doubt miss him the more they're feeding off Willock's shit passes. Not sure why you expect them to come out and slag their employer? Doesn't mean they don't get along with him and would rather he was in the squad.